Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Pictures From Spring Ball

Started by FANONTHEHILL, May 06, 2017, 03:30:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Here are a few pictures from inside the Walker Indoor from last weekends practice and a couple from the extra Oline work led by Frank Ragnow that was done after a normal practice earlier in the spring.  It's a big no no to take pictures of normal practice, but Saturday's was televised and the others were "extra work", not practice.  Forgive me, but #61 is in a lot of these.  Also, Dre is looking great and told me he's a solid 230.  When he's cleared from his foot injury, watch out.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

We started watching in the weight room ( sorry about the window glare ) then moved down to the field.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

May 06, 2017, 03:40:02 am #2 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:38:32 am by FANONTHEHILL
A big thanks to the staff for putting everything together on such short notice.

FANONTHEHILL

May 06, 2017, 03:45:50 am #3 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:08:29 am by FANONTHEHILL
And lastly, the Oline didn't shave their mustaches the entire spring.  I can't say how glad I was that he shaved as soon as Spring was over. Then to finish the spring, he got a little off the field recognition.

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

JoeyCapital

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

bphi11ips

Great pics and great looking kid!
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

razorbacker3

During the SEC channels airing, they were showing 1 on 1 drills and the most dominate one I saw was no.61 taking on an unknown number. He destroyed his opponent better than any other 1on 1 they showed, Great job Cooper!

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: razorbacker3 on May 06, 2017, 08:57:33 am
During the SEC channels airing, they were showing 1 on 1 drills and the most dominate one I saw was no.61 taking on an unknown number. He destroyed his opponent better than any other 1on 1 they showed, Great job Cooper!

He had a good day.  He got a little fancy while playing guard in the scrimmage and tried to reach a 3 technique with a one hand push and pull.  There was an inside slant called and  Daytreon Dean cut right under him.  Can't let that happen.  Otherwise he looked pretty good.  After two years in the program he's got a pretty solid grasp on the offensive scheme and at the end of spring meeting with the staff he's been told to get with the QBs and work this summer.  He's now a center.  I'm excited because I can't think of a better player to learn from than Ragnow.  Looking forward to him learning and getting bigger until camp starts.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 06, 2017, 09:11:41 am
He had a good day.  He got a little fancy while playing guard in the scrimmage and tried to reach a 3 technique with a one hand push and pull.  There was an inside slant called and  Daytreon Dean cut right under him.  Can't let that happen.  Otherwise he looked pretty good.  After two years in the program he's got a pretty solid grasp on the offensive scheme and at the end of spring meeting with the staff he's been told to get with the QBs and work this summer.  He's now a center.  I'm excited because I can't think of a better player to learn from than Ragnow.  Looking forward to him learning and getting bigger until camp starts.

I know you have to be proud. Doing very well in football and, Academic Honor Roll. Two great accomplishments and he didn't get there without great parents.
Go Hogs Go!

LRRandy

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 06, 2017, 09:11:41 am
what fun times for you and your family. You add an interesting layer to hogville by sharing with us this season of life that you are going through. Enjoy. Thanks.
This is fun, isn't it.

247Hog

Awesome, thanks for the pictures. Please let your son know we appreciate all the work they put into making our team competitive. Proud of the players we have on campus.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Oklahawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 06, 2017, 09:21:41 am
I know you have to be proud. Doing very well in football and, Academic Honor Roll. Two great accomplishments and he didn't get there without great parents.

Gotta co-sign this. Thanks FOTH and Go Cooper!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig in the Pokey

Looks like he's getting his "Burl's " on. nice job, pops. Kid is looking strong and big compared to those early photos.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Cmheinley

Cooper looks great pops! Keep up the good work and as always, thank you for keeping us updated!

hawgmasta

Wow! That's awesome, thank you for letting us all share a dream I'm sure we have all had. You should be proud  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

staffhog

FanOnTheHill, this is cumulative "Thanks" for not only this post but the many you have shared with us.  Yhey are rare gems and we appreciate it.

JRHoward

Thank You for sharing with Us!  Proud for You and Cooper.  :razorback:  Best Wishes!  Woo Pig!
Woooo Pig!

Tarheelhawg

Great photos thanks and good luck to your son! Go Hogs!