Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brooks Ellis??

Started by lakecityhog, May 04, 2017, 09:20:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

Any updates on the Free agency status of Ellis?

Pig in the Pokey

they got football in Europe?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ur

Ellis has signed and reported to the team. Not sure why they haven't announced it. I'm sure they will this weekend.  It is a great fit. Looks like I will need a new nfl jersey. 

ricepig

Quote from: ur on May 04, 2017, 09:51:35 pm
Ellis has signed and reported to the team. Not sure why they haven't announced it. I'm sure they will this weekend.  It is a great fit. Looks like I will need a new nfl jersey. 

Did he sign, or is it a mini-camp invite, I've heard both. And yeah, it's a popular team, haha.

VirginiaHog

ur

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 09:58:47 pm
Did he sign, or is it a mini-camp invite, I've heard both. And yeah, it's a popular team, haha.
From what I understand, he signed. It may come out different when they announce it. He left today for the weekend there.

jgphillips3

I know his highlights were on the Patriots site along with Deatrich's.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: VirginiaHog on May 04, 2017, 10:07:54 pm
Which team?
That's what I want to know. If so many people "know" where he signed, why not just say it?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 05, 2017, 07:24:51 am
That's what I want to know. If so many people "know" where he signed, why not just say it?

We'd tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 05, 2017, 07:26:34 am
We'd tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.

LOL... Funny, but if we were in the same room you'd have a fat lip.  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bphi11ips

If Brooks Ellis makes it anywhere, it might be a practice squad like the Patriots.  With his future as a physician, that kind of punishment for comparatively little money doesn't make a lot of sense.  Maybe he loves the game enough to do it and/or wants to see how he stacks up against the pros.  Ellis is simply too slow to make a 53-man roster.  His misreads all year as a senior hurt his draft stock, if he had any to begin with. 

Dr. Ellis is his future.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bphi11ips on May 05, 2017, 09:23:00 am
If Brooks Ellis makes it anywhere, it might be a practice squad like the Patriots.  With his future as a physician, that kind of punishment for comparatively little money doesn't make a lot of sense.  Maybe he loves the game enough to do it and/or wants to see how he stacks up against the pros.  Ellis is simply too slow to make a 53-man roster.  His misreads all year as a senior hurt his draft stock, if he had any to begin with. 

Dr. Ellis is his future.
Blasphemer, you can't talk about the best razorback ever that way.

Reservoir Hogs

Dr. Ellis is his future.

Sounds like the kid is getting a cup of coffee in the NFL which is more than about 99.9985% of all adult Americans.  Dr Ellis is also not a bad fall back plan

southeasthog

May 05, 2017, 10:19:42 am #13 Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:34:52 am by southeasthog
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 05, 2017, 09:43:19 am
Nice sarcastic uncalled for statement. Kudos to you.

BigE_23

Dr. Ellis is his future.
This...Brooks was a good hard-nosed Razorback, but an NFL linebacker he is not. He's on his way to a career in medicine. Not too many D-1 college football players can say that.

FraggleHog

Dr. Ellis is his future.

This. I have talked to individuals in his family and they say his goal is to "hopefully" make a practice squad for a period of time to make some decent $ and use that money to pay for med school. As bphi11ips stated... Dr. Ellis is his Future.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

daprospecta

Quote from: FraggleHog on May 05, 2017, 01:17:27 pm
This. I have talked to individuals in his family and they say his goal is to "hopefully" make a practice squad for a period of time to make some decent $ and use that money to pay for med school. As bphi11ips stated... Dr. Ellis is his Future.
Same. I workout with his uncle and this is what I was told in not so many words.

code red

Dr. Ellis is his future.
God Bless him but I would concur awful small to put his hand in the dirt and to slow to play lb.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bennyl08

http://www.nflsavant.com/combine.php

Average ILB vs Brooks

forty: 4.72   4.79 combine/4.71 pro day
bench: 23     18 combine/21 pro day
vert: 33.47"   29.5 combine/31.5 proday
3cone: 7.12    6.79 proday
broad: 9'5.5"   9'6" combine/proday

His athleticism is pretty average for an NFL ILB.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

theFlyingHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 05, 2017, 02:37:56 pm
http://www.nflsavant.com/combine.php

Average ILB vs Brooks

forty: 4.72   4.79 combine/4.71 pro day
bench: 23     18 combine/21 pro day
vert: 33.47"   29.5 combine/31.5 proday
3cone: 7.12    6.79 proday
broad: 9'5.5"   9'6" combine/proday

His athleticism is pretty average for an NFL ILB.
I may be mistaken but it seems like many athletes have better numbers at their pro day than at the draft. Anyone have reasons for why this is so?

jst01

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 05, 2017, 03:55:47 pm
I may be mistaken but it seems like many athletes have better numbers at their pro day than at the draft. Anyone have reasons for why this is so?

I'd guess familiar surroundings, no traveling, staying in own house... mentally relaxed = better numbers

Peter Porker

Quote from: code red on May 05, 2017, 02:05:31 pm
God Bless him but I would concur awful small to put his hand in the dirt and to slow to play lb.

Too slow? Maybe cuz Robb had him matched against slot receivers. He is faster than Spaight
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

bennyl08

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 05, 2017, 03:55:47 pm

The Indy turf is notoriously slow.

Iirc, under Petrino, we'd run forties on the indoor track surface which is artificially fast. Bielema uses the indoor practice turf.

Further, more time to prepare specifically for those drills. Better technique on them can easily shave a tenth a second off a forty time in a few weeks while actually being faster takes much longer.

The mentality of home turf likely helps too.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

lakecityhog

Benny, Why on earth would you post FACTS that make some of these guys look like absolute idiots??

We seem to always have a group of "fans" that hate it when a former Razorback tries to have some success after graduating.

RebelliousHog

May have to move my next best allegiance to the Pats. I've never been a hater on them, but was more meh about them.

The Pats giving Arkansas players a shot sets well with me. If they don't make it, is on the player, getting the opportunity is on the Pats.

Thanks to them for giving the opportunity.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Porked Tongue

Ellis had signed days ago.  I think it was Sunday.  Odd how it didn't make the news until Friday.

twistitup

Brooks is the next Zach Thomas....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 06, 2017, 10:34:26 am
Ellis had signed days ago.  I think it was Sunday.  Odd how it didn't make the news until Friday.

Yeah, not sure why it happened like that, I read it on Sunday that he had and that the team wanted to announce it, strange.....

Cmheinley

Quote from: HenduHog on May 06, 2017, 09:43:49 am
May have to move my next best allegiance to the Pats. I've never been a hater on them, but was more meh about them.

The Pats giving Arkansas players a shot sets well with me. If they don't make it, is on the player, getting the opportunity is on the Pats.

I'm right there with you. I've always been a "root for the underdog" type (thanks Arkansas), but I can't help but think that having the World Champions going after your underrated players doesn't help increase recruiting.

hawgmasta

Very interesting that he had a "bad" combine or so they say. His numbers are pretty dang normal for a ILB, and 3 cone seems like the most important for reading and reacting to plays. Hopefully he will make the squad.

Now where's benny at to throw down a three point paragraph about where brooks falls in line with other ILB's from this year and of note from previous years. I love that s***.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 05, 2017, 09:43:19 am

What does Vin Ascolese have to do with this?
Go away, batin'

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HenduHog on May 06, 2017, 09:43:49 am

indeed. Having Wise and Flowers as their DEs is nasty. I cant hate them, that's for sure.

And congrats to Brooks. New England certainly isn't Europe!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bennyl08

Quote from: hawgmasta on May 06, 2017, 07:16:24 pm
Very interesting that he had a "bad" combine or so they say. His numbers are pretty dang normal for a ILB, and 3 cone seems like the most important for reading and reacting to plays. Hopefully he will make the squad.

Now where's benny at to throw down a three point paragraph about where brooks falls in line with other ILB's from this year and of note from previous years. I love that s***.

Already did that...

clew

Interesting...they got Hollister and his twin brother. If any team can find room for the DFWR, it's the Pats.
Pure as the dawn

10thPlanet

I would rather see him be Dr. Ellis, but a lot of guys seem to forget he was on a lot of tackles, in fact most. Let's not forget this is the SEC. Put him in the new 3-4 where he's responsible for two gaps, drag route and middle blitz. He's a tweener, perfect for an ILB. He's not the next Ray Lewis, pretty damn happy about that. Stayed at Home(like they used too), represented the State well. He was not our problem on defense and the Patriots agree. The Pats might know a little about football.