Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RWIII

Started by DallasHogFan, April 29, 2017, 12:35:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

If he doesn't get cleared to play, I know that his scholarship will be honored. I also hope that he is  allowed to travel with the team and help with hosting new recruits or any other thing that will allow him to feel as if he is still part of this team. I believe he has more to offer the Razorback nation than just his body. He is and can continue to be a great ambassador for us.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: Steef on May 04, 2017, 12:15:07 pm
This thread has become an excuse for snarky people to take potshots at each other.

No one "knows" anything yet about Rawleighs status. Everything is a guess. Until we do know...

Use this thread to wish him well.

Or dont post.

If you're saying that no one knows what he will do, I agree.  He may at this very moment still be going back and forth.

If you're saying no one knows what he was told, that's just not true.  I don't care about being right, or having inside info, bla bla bla.  I do know that his Dr advised him to hang it up. 

And most importantly your last point, I couldn't agree more.  I think all of us Hog fans hate this for him, and wish him the best no matter what he decides.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

phadedhawg

If the rumor that he's not cleared is true that's too bad.  Just from an outside perspective it makes total sense that his football career is over.  If I were CBB I'd require the Williams family to get a few doctors to agree that he's safe to return.  I wouldn't trust one professional's word on something this life threatening. 

Steef

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on May 04, 2017, 12:44:54 pm
If you're saying that no one knows what he will do, I agree.  He may at this very moment still be going back and forth.

If you're saying no one knows what he was told, that's just not true.  I don't care about being right, or having inside info, bla bla bla.  I do know that his Dr advised him to hang it up. 

And most importantly your last point, I couldn't agree more.  I think all of us Hog fans hate this for him, and wish him the best no matter what he decides.

If you cant or won't prove a statement like that, when you post it as "fact" you are just inviting a firestorm.

This thread doesnt need any more firestorms. True or false, tgey do a disservice to Rawleigh.

hawgon

Quote from: colbs on May 04, 2017, 12:18:33 pm
I assume this is the article he got his statement from.  http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/may/04/williams-has-support-make-right-decision/

The way Hawgon worded is not the same the article reads.  Wally didn't say RW3's doctors or the doctors.  It said "that opinion comes from doctors..."  For all know it could be doctors that Wally knows.

That isn't where I'm getting it, but I would assume that if Wally still has any sources of has his ear to the ground at all, he probably knows too.

Soooie21

There is a little over 3, almost 4 months till fall drills....so things said at this point don't really matter...

hobhog

Quote from: hawgon on May 04, 2017, 12:58:51 pm
That isn't where I'm getting it, but I would assume that if Wally still has any sources of has his ear to the ground at all, he probably knows too.

Wally always hints at things but never states anything as fact that is not already known.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 12:12:10 pm
Nope, the table who makes the decisions on hiring and firing.

Ah, and they are doing such a wonderful job.  Just look at the results.  Being rich does make one smarter after all.

I don't think anyone in this thread said Bielema wouldn't have enough sense to know how to handle Rawleigh's career going forward.  There was no reason to bring the "they can't be satisfied no matter what" stuff into the discussion.  Whether we agree on the coach, the AD, or anything else I think we all want the young man to live the rest of his life as healthy as he can possibly be.

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 04, 2017, 01:26:23 pm
Ah, and they are doing such a wonderful job.  Just look at the results.  Being rich does make one smarter after all.

I don't think anyone in this thread said Bielema wouldn't have enough sense to know how to handle Rawleigh's career going forward.  There was no reason to bring the "they can't be satisfied no matter what" stuff into the discussion.  Whether we agree on the coach, the AD, or anything else I think we all want the young man to live the rest of his life as healthy as he can possibly be.

Agree with the bolded sentence 100%.

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: Steef on May 04, 2017, 12:57:17 pm
If you cant or won't prove a statement like that, when you post it as "fact" you are just inviting a firestorm.

This thread doesnt need any more firestorms. True or false, tgey do a disservice to Rawleigh.

I see your point, but the firestorm is on the reader, not me.  If I came on here and said, for example, "I know Rawleighs parents and this is what the Dr told them all," wouldn't the real disservice be to Rawleigh and his folks?

I'll just keep it close to the vest next time because it's like I walked in my kids classroom and told everyone santa isn't real.  "Wait, how do you know?  Aren't you just trying to look important? "  It's silly.  All because of a few folks who, for some reason can't "just take it or leave it," you'd rather me name my friend, or just not say anything at all. 
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

GuvHog

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on May 04, 2017, 01:40:51 pm
I see your point, but the firestorm is on the reader, not me.  If I came on here and said, for example, "I know Rawleighs parents and this is what the Dr told them all," wouldn't the real disservice be to Rawleigh and his folks?

I'll just keep it close to the vest next time because it's like I walked in my kids classroom and told everyone santa isn't real.  "Wait, how do you know?  Aren't you just trying to look important? "  It's silly.  All because of a few folks who, for some reason can't "just take it or leave it," you'd rather me name my friend, or just not say anything at all. 

Sooie, It's always been that way here on Hogville. If a poster posts something as a fact, that person will be asked to back it up. I should know, I've been called on it a number of times and I'm not the only one.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jkstock04

You have been on here for 10 years now and just now figuring that out? The company line on this deal is that it was a stinger 100% unrelated to the previous injury.

We'll see if that turns out to be true. If he decides to hang em up we will know that was a BS PR spin job.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Steef

I would have preferred you say nothing at all.

Assuming you do have straight, perfect reliable info....its not yours to share. The family hasnt shared it yet and its THEIR business to do so.

bennyl08

Quote from: Steef on May 04, 2017, 01:52:01 pm

Assuming you do have straight, perfect reliable info....its not yours to share. The family hasnt shared it yet and its THEIR business to do so.

This.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 04, 2017, 01:48:34 pm
You have been on here for 10 years now and just now figuring that out? The company line on this deal is that it was a stinger 100% unrelated to the previous injury.

We'll see if that turns out to be true. If he decides to hang em up we will know that was a BS PR spin job.

Has anyone from the university said anything since last Saturday? The initial diagnosis was a "stinger", since then, there hasn't been any word.

KlubhouseKonnected

Yeah, we get that you are saying you were told in confidence and will not disclose your source. Consequently, you SHOULD NOT be on here talking about it at all. You have already abused whatever privilege you claim to have.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 01:53:33 pm
Has anyone from the university said anything since last Saturday? The initial diagnosis was a "stinger", since then, there hasn't been any word.
2 words. HIPAA Law
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

KlubhouseKonnected

Yep.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PorkRinds

That's exactly right. If they wanted it known they'd release it. Whoever he is or knows, he's betrayed their trust.

hawgon

It isn't a secret.  Plenty of people know.  It just isn't official and officially announced yet.  There might even be another round of tests and examinations in the coming months before the kid and the family themselves make the fin decision.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on May 04, 2017, 02:18:00 pm
It isn't a secret.  Plenty of people know.  It just isn't official and officially announced yet.  There might even be another round of tests and examinations in the coming months before the kid and the family themselves make the fin decision.

So, multiple people have the information you have, you are just the only one that got the info that couldn't actually be trusted with it. Is that what you are saying?

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: hawgon on May 04, 2017, 02:18:00 pm

Forget it.  Some people can't handle it.  It's like the little girls that get all gitty because they know a secret.  I was hoping things had changed around here, but I see it's still the same base that believed Gruden was coming.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go see a patient about a neck injury.