Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 44 THREAD: #14 Arkansas (33-10, 12-6 SEC) vs Ole Miss (25-16, 9-9 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 26, 2017, 06:43:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SPAL

JHicks3636

knoxvillehog

JHicks3636

coolhog

This team is trending down..
We should not have played tuesday,
This team needed rest.

JHicks3636

The top of the order for our last chances

1. Arledge        0-3
2. Spanberger   0-3
3. Bonfield        0-3

JHicks3636

jry04

Better hope we sweep tomorrow, or our shot at hosting is likely gone. At this point, that may be the least of our concerns.

The crappy thing is this was the guy we were supposed to hit. RHP that sits in the low 90s and doesn't strike you out. Tomorrow they are throwing 2 lefties, with one of them having an ERA in the 1.80s. Not trying to be negative, but it is very hard to sweep a DH, and considering they are throwing 2 lefties I am not sure I like our chances.

SPAL

JHicks3636

HogFansReunited

Quote from: coolhog on April 27, 2017, 08:46:21 pm
This team is trending down..
We should not have played tuesday,
This team needed rest.

Unfortunately I agree
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

:razorback:

9               Bot 9th                   1

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
OM    0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 4 | -  |  9  | 11  | 0  | 5   
ARK  0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 0  | 2   
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Rocket23

Tonight Ole Miss has matched their season-high of homeruns of 31 coming into the game.😂 

And of all the teams I hate to lose to the most.

JHicks3636

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Spanberger, 0-3 as we continue our theme of the night, takes a strike, off the wall for a double

JHicks3636

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Hogs are reeling at the worst possible time.

Don't see how we win both games tomorrow.

JHicks3636

Bonfield, fouls off the first pitch, and the second pitch as well to go 0-2, 1-2 in the dirt but blocked, foul, grounds out to SS on a good scoop by the first baseman

SPAL

Quote from: gguillo on April 27, 2017, 08:51:59 pm
Hogs are reeling at the worst possible time.

Hosting a regional... you can kiss that goodbye.

No chance we win both tomorrow.  Just plain terrible baseball being played.

It's one game.

HogFansReunited

Only good news is that we have a nice long break after this series to rest and get ready to end the season on a high note.

Member #3568

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Koch, 0-3(surprise), takes a strike, 1-1, 1-2 on a swing that his heart did not appear to be into, foul, foul, foul, strikes out swinging

9-1 We lose

HogFansReunited

And it's over..... sorry but we should not lose to Ole Miss. Something is wrong with this team right now.

Member #3568

SPAL

Quote from: Bogghawg on April 27, 2017, 08:55:42 pm
But it's most definitely not.  It is a trend, and it is about to be a collapse.

How bout we go ahead and play tomorrow anyway?

Razorbacks#1

:razorback:

9               FINAL                   1

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
OM    0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 4 | -  |  9  | 11  | 0  | 5   
ARK  0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 3   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

razorhog52

King

Too many games in too short a time period, starting with 2 mid-week games against Memphis last week. Arguably bad scheduling but the mid week games are done now.

Sweep Tennessee and we are back in the thick of it.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 27, 2017, 08:56:56 pm
How bout we go ahead and play tomorrow anyway?

That's a pretty good summary of the beauty of baseball.

Knot2brite

Got to change the mindset at the plate...the mound is what it is and has been all year people just didn't notice because we scored so much...teams fear our power hence they don't pitch to us in power positions. We have to learn to take the lift out and flatten the bat to drive it oppo
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

SPAL

All teams slump. We are going through ours at a rough time. We will bounce back. Keep the faith.

jry04

We always have a poor hitting game in a series. Hopefully this is our only one. If we can get hot in game one, then it can definitely carry over into game 2 of the DH and potentially lead to a sweep.

Knot2brite

I figure there will be some lineup changes in the double header tomorrow ...goingnto get some folks that aren't seeing the ball right now a game or so mental break and maybe get some tired legs some time off...good part...Knight went seven and we saved the majority of the bull pen...we will use them up tomorrow and will have several days of rest in between...when are semester finals?

PORKULATOR

Well that sucked.
My parents sat through that shatty. Atrocious
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogginbama

Quote from: elksnort on April 27, 2017, 08:34:12 pm
I feel ya man. Damn, where is our hitting tonight?

With the way the OM pitcher shut us down it is hard to believe he only throws a fast ball and slider/curve.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hogman64

like to see Lee play and like to see Arledge sit, someone needs to get on base at the top of the lineup.....Koch needs to go down in the batting order even his fouls are horrible, just straight  popups, swinging under everything....move cole up , at least he looks like he has a chance to  produce.Shaddy also looking like he has a chance to hit it...Knight pitched a great , great game except for a couple of pitches and when you get one hit a couple of pitches can beat you...this team looks like it is in trouble, tomorrow is a real test to see if they do have what it takes to win when things look  very bad....

Knot2brite

I keep telling myself that Arledge isn't hurt...he has the look of a guy that is hiding an injury like Cox did his freshman year. He hasn't been right in a couple weeks. The only person that seems to be seeing the ball well right now is Spanberger. He hit three balls hard tonight ( although he got surprised and whiffed on a straight fastball for a strikeout) Shaddy and Koch seem to be over swinging and lifting and Fletcher is lost...out there lost in his approach.

hogman64

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 27, 2017, 10:01:02 pm
I keep telling myself that Arledge isn't hurt...he has the look of a guy that is hiding an injury like Cox did his freshman year. He hasn't been right in a couple weeks. The only person that seems to be seeing the ball well right now is Spanberger. He hit three balls hard tonight ( although he got surprised and whiffed on a straight fastball for a strikeout) Shaddy and Koch seem to be over swinging and lifting and Fletcher is lost...out there lost in his approach.

Shaddy is looking better to me. I do not understand why Koch didn't sit out the KSU game he has no hope at the plate, pulling off of everything and swinging at bad pitches ...we need energy Evan Lee has it, he needs to play...

pigture perfect

I still think we take the series. I hate Ole Miss! Hate the way this one ended though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Kevin

Way too many pop ups and easy fly ball.
Got to get back to hit ball up the middle on a line.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jry04

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 27, 2017, 11:29:42 pm
I still think we take the series. I hate Ole Miss! Hate the way this one ended though.
Hope so, but we better jump on them early. They have their entire bullpen ready, and their starters they are throwing today are a much worse matchup than the guy they threw yesterday. We need to be leading late in each game to have a chance, because their closer is pretty good.

hogman64

Quote from: jry04 on April 28, 2017, 07:38:02 am
Hope so, but we better jump on them early. They have their entire bullpen ready, and their starters they are throwing today are a much worse matchup than the guy they threw yesterday. We need to be leading late in each game to have a chance, because their closer is pretty good.

the way we are playing very doubtful we win 2.  we have lost 5 of our last 7 games to good S E C teams.  on a good note if we do win two we will prove  we are more than a team that  rolls over against good competition in clutch games.  we had a chance to prove that on Sunday at Auburn and on Sunday against LSU and we failed both tests, hopefully today we show we really do deserve to be thought of as one of the best S E C teams, we can only live off that sweep of Miss St for so long.......l