Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 41 THREAD: #11 Arkansas (31-9, 11-5 SEC) vs #10 Auburn (29-11, 11-5 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 21, 2017, 11:29:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 22, 2017, 05:33:06 pm
If I'm not mistaken, one of the SECN+ announcers used to play for Auburn, and the other guy is a regular for Auburn broadcasts, like the guys that do our home games on SECN+

The announcers for our home games seem like they try not to be bias. They also do their homework on the other team.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PORKULATOR

I missed the game, Sooooo, I read every quote on here. Great game, fun read.
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

lakecityhog

I was on the road all day, got home and read all 14 pages!
You guys(and sows) are the best!

This is a special place and I truly hope that it NEVER becomes Jump Ball or MMQB.

Maddhog

Quote from: lakecityhog on April 22, 2017, 08:38:27 pm

This is a special place and I truly hope that it NEVER becomes Jump Ball or MMQB.

It won't ever turn into JB or MMQB.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

fademe

Quote from: Pudgepork on April 22, 2017, 04:48:40 pm
I hope not but I wouldn't be shocked if Mize started tomorrow

Mize isn't on the 27-man roster for this weekend's series. No chance he starts tomorrow. Freshman RHP Ryan Watson is supposed to start for Auburn. The good arms in the bullpen are still mostly there minus Lipscomb. Should be an interesting game tomorrow.

Wisco Pig

This is the game thread of the year so far.

Honorable mention:  SPAL's LA Tech game thread.

98hogs

fademe

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 22, 2017, 05:06:26 pm
So you're saying he held out his best pitcher against the best team in the SEC just because?

I'm told he had soreness and tightness in his throwing shoulder and needed the weekend off. If he had tightness and he threw, he could really Jack his arm up.

He went to see Dr. Andrews earlier this week as a precaution because he was having some soreness and tightness in his shoulder that he was lasting longer than it should have. It turned out no structural damage or issues, just fatigue.

ucahogfan

Quote from: fademe on April 22, 2017, 08:43:49 pm
Mize isn't on the 27-man roster for this weekend's series. No chance he starts tomorrow. Freshman RHP Ryan Watson is supposed to start for Auburn. The good arms in the bullpen are still mostly there minus Lipscomb. Should be an interesting game tomorrow.
You think Coker is available after throwing 49 pitches on Friday?  I thought he might be out as well.

fademe

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 22, 2017, 08:48:53 pm
You think Coker is available after throwing 49 pitches on Friday?  I thought he might be out as well.

He's done it a couple previous times. Probably won't be a long appearance tomorrow if we see him though. His motion is a little less stressful and allows him to bounce back, but he probably just comes in for an inning or maybe to try to get us out of a jam.

TeufelHog

Hawgar The Horrible

Do some of you not realize who Gabe Gross is? The guy lives and breaths Auburn baseball as a former player. His father played center for the football team. Both had successful careers as professional athletes.

Gabe Gross knows his stuff, but there is no way in hell he can call an Auburn game without slobbering all over his microphone when watching the Tigers.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 22, 2017, 09:20:03 pm
Do some of you not realize who Gabe Gross is? The guy lives and breaths Auburn baseball as a former player. His father played center for the football team. Both had successful careers as professional athletes.

Gabe Gross knows his stuff, but there is no way in hell he can call an Auburn game without slobbering all over his microphone when watching the Tigers.

You mean he actually went to college? That is amazing because it took him a game and a half to figure out how to pronounce Shaddy.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 22, 2017, 09:23:45 pm
You mean he actually went to college? That is amazing because it took him a game and a half to figure out how to pronounce Shaddy.

Yep. About that time they stopped saying Coke as well. I've got a feeling their producers got a phone call and passed the word on during a commercial break.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 22, 2017, 09:32:45 pm
Yep. About that time they stopped saying Coke as well. I've got a feeling their producers got a phone call and passed the word on during a commercial break.

I agree. You know we started making our comeback about the time they figured out how to pronounce our guys names. I think it was jinxing us.

Member #3568

fademe

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 22, 2017, 09:20:03 pm

Was he doing the color today? I didn't watch it on TV, but I figured Mark Fuller (who did the color last night and also pitched at Auburn) was calling it again today.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: fademe on April 22, 2017, 09:59:51 pm
Was he doing the color today? I didn't watch it on TV, but I figured Mark Fuller (who did the color last night and also pitched at Auburn) was calling it again today.

I'm honestly not sure but I think it was Fuller.

Member #3568

pigture perfect

What a great bounce back game. Would love to kick tiger tail tomorrow. We need to so e can stay ahead of them in the standings. Great PBP BTW.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SPAL

Quote from: lakecityhog on April 22, 2017, 08:38:27 pm

You can trust me when I say.....If I have life in my fingers, this place will never become jump ball or mmqb

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 22, 2017, 10:14:08 pm
You can trust me when I say.....If I have life in my fingers, this place will never become jump ball or mmqb

+infinity
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

fademe

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 22, 2017, 10:04:03 pm
I'm honestly not sure but I think it was Fuller.

The only reason I asked is because they sound very much alike, but Gabe normally doesn't do our color analysis for SECN+ games. Usually it's Andy Burcham and Mark Fuller.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: fademe on April 22, 2017, 10:27:01 pm
The only reason I asked is because they sound very much alike, but Gabe normally doesn't do our color analysis for SECN+ games. Usually it's Andy Burcham and Mark Fuller.

If you know Fuller did game one, the same person was doing game two.

Member #3568

fademe

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 22, 2017, 10:33:57 pm
If you know Fuller did game one, the same person was doing game two.

Ok. Yeah, I saw him in the booth Friday night at the game. He's definitely a homer. His son committed to Auburn about two weeks ago. Auburn runs deep in that family's blood.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: fademe on April 22, 2017, 10:45:35 pm
Ok. Yeah, I saw him in the booth Friday night at the game. He's definitely a homer. His son committed to Auburn about two weeks ago. Auburn runs deep in that family's blood.

I just hate when the announcers are overly bias and when they don't do their homework on the other team. They are the second worst crew I've heard so far this year.

Member #3568

GuvHog

Quote from: Kevin on April 22, 2017, 05:19:19 pm
According to their coach mize has not thrown a ball all week. As of Thursday

Which is why I don't buy the arm fatigue excuse. If a pitcher can't pitch after 7 days of rest without even throwing a baseball, he won't last long in the major leagues.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ucahogfan

Quote from: GuvHog on April 23, 2017, 08:02:41 am
Which is why I don't buy the arm fatigue excuse. If a pitcher can't pitch after 7 days of rest without even throwing a baseball, he won't last long in the major leagues.
How can you say that about someone who is 20 years old like Mize probably is as a sophomore?  It is all about building the arm up to handle a pro workload.

Look at Julio Urias as an example.  He is an elite pitching prospect who had some decent success in the MLB already, but the Dodgers are monitoring his workload so he isn't throwing 200 innings a season already.    He threw 127.2 innings last year so the Dodgers probably going to cap him on innings at 150-175 so he isn't having a huge bump in innings pitched.  Teams are being much more cautious with younger pitchers now to help decrease injuries due to being overworked as well as helping them potentially throw a couple more seasons.

GuvHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 23, 2017, 08:18:07 am
How can you say that about someone who is 20 years old like Mize probably is as a sophomore?  It is all about building the arm up to handle a pro workload.

Look at Julio Urias as an example.  He is an elite pitching prospect who had some decent success in the MLB already, but the Dodgers are monitoring his workload so he isn't throwing 200 innings a season already.    He threw 127.2 innings last year so the Dodgers probably going to cap him on innings at 150-175 so he isn't having a huge bump in innings pitched.  Teams are being much more cautious with younger pitchers now to help decrease injuries due to being overworked as well as helping them potentially throw a couple more seasons.

Generally in the pros, a starting pitcher will get 4 to 5 days max for rest between starts. If his arm is sore, they will hold him out. Mize however has gone 7 days without even picking up a baseball so I don't buy the fatigue excuses.

ucahogfan

Quote from: GuvHog on April 23, 2017, 12:49:53 pm
Generally in the pros, a starting pitcher will get 4 to 5 days max for rest between starts. If his arm is sore, they will hold him out. Mize however has gone 7 days without even picking up a baseball so I don't buy the fatigue excuses.
And a lot of those pitchers have had years of experience with that.  Most of the young prospects are on strict innings limits and sometimes will go a week or more without starting especially as the season progresses.

GuvHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 23, 2017, 12:56:51 pm
And a lot of those pitchers have had years of experience with that.  Most of the young prospects are on strict innings limits and sometimes will go a week or more without starting especially as the season progresses.

I still don't buy it. The Auburn coach talks about wanting to be careful with his pitchers then lets one throw almost 120 pitches in a game. That's insane. If a coach is going to be careful with his pitchers he'll monitor how many pitches they throw per game and set a maximum limit.

ricepig

SPAL

I'll end the debate....He isn't pitching. He has soreness in his arm. He has tightness in his arm..They aren't taking a chance on screwing with a kid's arm despite it being a huge series. I respect it. Let's move on