Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 41 THREAD: #11 Arkansas (31-9, 11-5 SEC) vs #10 Auburn (29-11, 11-5 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 21, 2017, 11:29:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

#11 ARKANSAS at #10 AUBURN
at Plainsman Park , Auburn, Al.  SATURDAY at 1:03pm

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 41 THREAD
   #11 ARKANSAS (31-9, 11-5 SEC) vs  #10 AUBURN (29-11, 11-5 SEC)

This is game 2 of a 3 game SEC conference series with Auburn.
Auburn leads the series 1-0.
Box score for game #1
=   http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Arkansas-Auburn.pdf

Saturday's First Pitch is set for 1:03 pm and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED . This game will be streamed live online on SECNetwork+, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. 

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Maddhog, Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0               1:03 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
ARK      |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
AUB      |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WEST   As of Saturday morning

Conference        Games    Overall    Win                vs RPI    Last 10                     This
        Team              Record     %     Back     Record      %       RPI      1-50      Streak    Streak     Weekend
1 Mississippi State     13-5     0.722     -        28-14     0.667    17     12-10      8-2       3 Wins     vs Alabama
2 Arkansas               11-5     0.688      1       31-9       0.775    13        7-5       7-3       1 Loss     at Auburn
2 Auburn                  11-5     0.688      1       29-11     0.725    25        9-4       6-4       3 Wins    vs Arkansas
4 LSU                       10-7     0.588    2.5      26-13     0.667    12     12-10      7-3       1 Win      at Kent
5 Texas A&M              9-7      0.562     3       27-12      0.692    37      7-10      8-2       1 Win       vs Tenn
6 Ole Miss                  7-9      0.438     5       23-15      0.605    42      6-11      7-3       1 Loss      vs Mizz
7 Alabama                2-16      0.111    11     15-25       0.375  170      3-14      2-8       3 Losses   at MSU

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

EAST   As of Saturday morning

Conference       Games   Overall     Win               vs RPI    Last 10                     This
      Team              Record     %     Back     Record      %       RPI      1-50      Streak    Streak     Weekend
1 Kentucky            11-6     0.647     -         27-13    0.675      7       10-9        6-4       1 Loss       vs LSU
2 Florida                 9-8     0.529     2         26-13    0.667     10      10-9        6-4       1 Loss       vs USCe
2 South Carolina     9-8     0.529     2         24-14    0.632     23       9-10       4-6        1 Win       at Florida
4 Missouri               8-8    0.500    2½        27-12    0.692     53        4-8        6-4       1 Win        at Ole Miss
4 Vanderbilt            8-8    0.500    2½        24-15    0.615     20      11-9        6-4       2 Wins       at Georgia
6 Tennessee           4-12   0.250    6½       19-16     0.543     47       3-10       4-6       1 Loss       at A&M
6 Georgia               4-12   0.250    6½       15-24     0.385   101       3-14       2-8       5 Losses    vs Vandy

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Kevin on April 22, 2017, 04:22:56 am
Miss state is 13-5. They swept bama
Thanks Kevin. Fixed it. That was a very late second game.

As of Saturday morning:
MSU and Bama are done for the weekend. 
LSU and Kentucky have 1 more game to play this weekend.
Florida and USCe  have 1 more game to play this weekend.
Everybody else has 2 to play.

YtownHog

Go out and win the next two 1-0 and those 15 runs don't mean a thing! Go Hogs!

Iwastherein1969

It genuinely takes some getting used to playing in that chicken house they call a ball park at Auburn. Maybe today will be much better.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 22, 2017, 09:03:25 am
It genuinely takes some getting used to playing in that chicken house they call a ball park at Auburn. Maybe today will be much better.

Plainsman Park
http://www.auburntigers.com/facilities/aub-10-baseball.html

Plainsman Park, Auburn Baseball's Home, To Get Upgrades Prior To 2017 Season
http://www.scout.com/college/auburn/story/1709566-plainsman-park-to-get-upgrades

JHicks3636

I vote that we remove yesterday's game thread and pretend that it never happened. Kind of like a coach burning a game film after a particularly bad outing.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 22, 2017, 10:29:47 am
I vote that we remove yesterday's game thread and pretend that it never happened. Kind of like a coach burning a game film after a particularly bad outing.

Seconded.

Kevin

BoarnSupremacy

I agree.  Hope the players do too.

WizardofhOgZ

Weather forecasts call for a 90% chance of rain Sunday, so there's a good chance we may not get that game in.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USAL0035:1:US

Wish they would schedule a double-header for today, but with the game being scheduled for 2 PM tomorrow on the SEC Network, they'll keep it as it is and hope they can play.

Right now, I'd take a win today and get out of town with a split.  First, of course, you've got to get that win today.

Will be interesting to see how our team rebounds from that butt-kicking last night.  Normally, I'd feel pretty good about it.  Thing is, when a team see's their Ace get torched, it can be demoralizing.  No one has ever seen Knight handled like he was last night.  It's got to be a big unnerving to the rest of the team.  Knight needs them to pick him up now.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I quit counting after 10 casualties when I was reassigned from the battle front to tote off my dead and injured comrades. What a defeat for the great proletariats of the Red Army. The Auburn Nazis shot our 5 star general.  For that they will pay! The filthy bourgeois Hitlerists are tougher than estimated, but the expropriators still must be expropriated! 

The Red Army has reinforced the troops and we will attack the Nazis again from the north at 1 pm today. Send your women and children to your bunkers!  General Trevor Stephan will assume command on the hill for the Red Army.

fademe

Here in Auburn, the talk is they think the storm will get through here by around lunch Sunday and be cool and clear by game time. Hopefully that forecast holds true. If it does, it might be a little soggy in the outfield on Sunday but otherwise good to go.

Cornfed Pig

SPAL

I removed the Saturday LSU thread and you saw the results on Sunday. I'll leave last night's thread up and see what happens today.

Razorbacks#1

Razorbacks Line Up:

LF - Jake Arledge
1B - Chad Spanberger
DH - Luke Bonfield
3B - Jared Gates
C - Grant Koch
RF - Eric Cole
2B - Carson Shaddy
CF - Dominic Fletcher
SS - Jax Biggers

P - Trevor Stephan

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Auburn Line Up:

CF - Todd, Jonah
2B - Estes, Jay
RF - Robert, Daniel
DH - Davis, Conor
1B - Ingram, Dylan
SS - Jarvis, Luke
3B - Anthony, Josh
LF - Decker, Bo
C - Haecker, Damon

P - Daniel, Davis

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Maddhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 22, 2017, 11:58:53 am
I removed the Saturday LSU thread and you saw the results on Sunday. I'll leave last night's thread up and see what happens today.

Last night's game didn't bother me as much as the LSU game.   I still view the auburn game as a fluke.  They had a plan to be aggressive at the plate and, from what I could tell, Knight's fast ball was right down Main Street.   The first inning told us almost all we needed to know about how that game would go.  I still say God Bless Angus Denton, he was a trooper and he showed he has a decent future.   Let's get 'em today.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 22, 2017, 11:58:53 am

Wait, we had a game yesterday?
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

jry04

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 22, 2017, 10:59:14 am
Weather forecasts call for a 90% chance of rain Sunday, so there's a good chance we may not get that game in.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USAL0035:1:US

Wish they would schedule a double-header for today, but with the game being scheduled for 2 PM tomorrow on the SEC Network, they'll keep it as it is and hope they can play.

Right now, I'd take a win today and get out of town with a split.  First, of course, you've got to get that win today.

Will be interesting to see how our team rebounds from that butt-kicking last night.  Normally, I'd feel pretty good about it.  Thing is, when a team see's their Ace get torched, it can be demoralizing.  No one has ever seen Knight handled like he was last night.  It's got to be a big unnerving to the rest of the team.  Knight needs them to pick him up now.

Like I said in the other weather thread, the rain is supposed to be completely out of the area by the time we start our game, or at the very least nearly out with a light rain. We won't be rained out tomorrow. Our game starts at 3pm. Unless something changes between now and then, which is possible, the weather won't be an issue. Worst case is we have a bit of a delay. Look at the forecast, and look at the hourly. It say storms in the morning, with mostly cloudy skies in the afternoon. By 1 pm there is a 20% or less chance.

JHicks3636

I note that Auburn uses CBS Gametracker for stats. It is by far my least favorite stats provider. It's slower, provides far less information and is graphically the pits. Since I can't get the direct radio feed I'm sure that I will be slower on the call today. Sorry in advance. I'll do the best that I can over the 4 hours that I'm sure this game will last.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 22, 2017, 12:46:16 pm
I note that Auburn uses CBS Gametracker for stats. It is by far my least favorite stats provider. It's slower, provides far less information and is graphically the pits. Since I can't get the direct radio feed I'm sure that I will be slower on the call today. Sorry in advance. I'll do the best that I can over the 4 hours that I'm sure this game will last.
:)

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

rljjr

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 22, 2017, 12:46:16 pm

Do the best you can. EVERYONE appreciates you doing the call.
Yesterday was an aberration. Let's do this!

JHicks3636

Leading off the game for Arkansas

1. Arledge           .321
2. Spanberger      .303
3. Bonfield           .323

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                   0

ARK      |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Arledge leads off a new day for Arkansas, takes strike 1, fouls off strike 2, 1-2, pops out to 2B

SPAL

JHicks3636

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

SPAL

JHicks3636

rljjr

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Gates comes in hitting .291, falls behind 0-2, grounds out to 2B

0-0 after 1/2

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                   0

ARK  0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 1   

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Auburn's 1st will see

1. Todd       .384
2. Estes      .291
3. Robert     .315

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Wisco Pig

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 22, 2017, 01:12:56 pm
Still mispronounced Shaddy.... come on man.

How on earth can you mispronounce Shaddy?   It's completely phonetic.

SPAL