Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 39 THREAD: #11 Arkansas (30-8, 11-4 SEC) vs Memphis (21-16, 3-6 AAC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 18, 2017, 11:19:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseehogwild

factchecker

That's a no-hitter..... I don't care what anyone or the stats say.

Those bush-ass-[CENSORED] can take their sorry asses back to shittown USA (Memphis).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbacks#1

Awesome job as always Maddhog! Hope to see everyone on Friday for a tough road test. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JRHoward

Woooo Pig!

JHicks3636

Thanks Madd. No TV and stats were messed up. I could not have done pbp tonight at all. You did well.

factchecker

On a positive note.  Little Rock crowd was great tonight.  I hope the kid got the foul ball and gets to meet the team.

I'm glad Spanberger gave the crowd a taste of the Sooieville Sluggers.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JHicks3636

Quote from: factchecker on April 19, 2017, 08:59:41 pm
That's a no-hitter..... I don't care what anyone or the stats say.

Those bush-ass-[CENSORED] can take their sorry asses back to shittown USA (Memphis).

How do you really feel?

Maddhog

Quote from: TebowHater on April 19, 2017, 08:51:37 pm
Shaddy K's to end inning. Headed to top 9.

Edit: sorry maddhog didn't know if you lost connection

No problem, that one took a while.   Good chance I was pulling jeans out of the dryer while doing PBP.    I got the short game, we won and my laundry is caught up.  #winning
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

factchecker

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 19, 2017, 09:02:21 pm
How do you really feel?

Pissed off..... I try not to post during game threads because ya'll have a great thing going.  I am finally cooling down.  Feel free to delete my post- I just wanted to vent.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Quote from: factchecker on April 19, 2017, 09:04:02 pm
Pissed off..... I try not to post during game threads because ya'll have a great thing going.  I am finally cooling down.  Feel free to delete my post- I just wanted to vent.

I liked it and agree.

panhandlepig

Quote from: Maddhog on April 19, 2017, 09:03:34 pm
No problem, that one took a while.   Good chance I was pulling jeans out of the dryer while doing PBP.    I got the short game, we won and my laundry is caught up.  #winning

Lol. WPS.

Maddhog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 19, 2017, 09:00:07 pm
Awesome job as always Maddhog! Hope to see everyone on Friday for a tough road test. Go HOGS!

Hope that one is short too.   😀

ricepig

TNhawgfan

Oh well, one hitter or no hitter it's a dominant performance and makes me happy! Go hogs!
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Maddhog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 19, 2017, 09:01:44 pm
Thanks Madd. No TV and stats were messed up. I could not have done pbp tonight at all. You did well.

I had Phil's dulcet tones minus Rick.   That was good. 

razCzar

Quote from: Maddhog on April 19, 2017, 09:06:11 pm
Hope that one is short too.   😀
Great job, Madd!

If Friday's a long one, you'll be fine.  😀

Maddhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 19, 2017, 09:06:57 pm
Anyone know if they shook hands after the game?

I never understood what Memphis' coach got so riled up about.   

SPAL

SPAL

Maddhog

Quote from: razCzar on April 19, 2017, 09:09:59 pm
Great job, Madd!

If Friday's a long one, you'll be fine.  😀

Thanks.  I always pray that Hicks gets the loonnggg ones. 👍

Wisco Pig

Game's over already? 

As long as the Hogs won, I guess it's all good.

BigBrandonAllenFan

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Andrew Hogfan

Man that was awesome.  I haven't been to Baum since 03 so it was nice to see the hogs play again!  Gotta get up there again.
WPS!!!

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

PigWig

Great sweep Hogs! Memphis proved they're nothing more than a chumpass mid-major, throwIng their Friday night guy and bunting for a hit when we had a no-no going in the 7th. Tiger High showing why they get that nickname.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

c-townfan

Was on first base side runner looked out to me on the bunt of course I am biased though. And I'm sorry but that's such a p***y move. First, who freakin does that to begin with. Second, he was out anyways. The ump shouldn't give them that. Baseball etiquette rules you call a weak play like that an out.

razCzar

Quote from: PigWig on April 19, 2017, 10:19:55 pm
Great sweep Hogs! Memphis proved they're nothing more than a chumpass mid-major, throwIng their Friday night guy and bunting for a hit when we had a no-no going in the 7th. Tiger High showing why they get that nickname.
Agreed.

It doesn't look like these Tigers want any part of our Hogs upcoming.  DVH said in his pregame interview, he's been unable to work anything out with their returning to NLR next season, so he's looking for another opponent for Dickey-Stephens.  Losing 11 of last 12 to us could have some bearing.

After tonight's antics, feelings could be mutual.

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

hobhog

Quote from: c-townfan on April 19, 2017, 10:44:30 pm
Was on first base side runner looked out to me on the bunt of course I am biased though. And I'm sorry but that's such a p***y move. First, who freakin does that to begin with. Second, he was out anyways. The ump shouldn't give them that. Baseball etiquette rules you call a weak play like that an out.

He was safe I think but still punk ass bunt. DVH had no problem with it and in hindsite it was two run game in 6th with 3rd baseman playing way back. He got picked off for 3rd out so karma. Crowd voiced opinion loudly -  had a great time and on to AU.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Deep Shoat

Meh, it sucked.  But it wasn't the punk play y'all are making it.  A runner on in a two run game means the tying run is at the plate.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 19, 2017, 08:58:58 pm
And it came on a damn bunt....

Bush league thing by a bush league school (except for a couple of grad programs) from a bush league team that plays their games in a bush league ball park that can't draw hardly anyone to games even if they paid them to come.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PigWig on April 19, 2017, 10:19:55 pm

The SEC schools should all agree to never play them in any sport.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HognitiveDissonance

I'm not a big fan of all these 'unwritten' rules. First, there are so many in baseball you can't keep track. Baseball is pretty silly like that at times.
I had no issue with the bunt. It's a legit baseball play. The guy may actually be a good bunter and can get on base that way. We don't know.
But mostly, it's a 2-0 game. A baserunner means a lot in a 2-0 game. If you're having trouble getting hits, then you need to try other methods, such as walks, HBP, or bunts.

depressed_fan

i'm sure he wanted to get on base since it was a close game and all that. It's the object of the game to get on base and win the game. You don't give the other team a no-hitter just because your nice

jry04

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 20, 2017, 10:04:49 am
Bush league thing by a bush league school (except for a couple of grad programs) from a bush league team that plays their games in a bush league ball park that can't draw hardly anyone to games even if they paid them to come.............................
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 20, 2017, 10:06:07 am
The SEC schools should all agree to never play them in any sport.

We can agree to disagree, but I think this is an insane line of thinking. It was a 2-0 game for a team with a winning record who is still trying to make some noise late in the season against a top 15 team. If it were 6-0 in the 8th then I would be right there with you throwing a fit. Why should Memphis just say screw this game and give up so our pitcher can have a no-hitter when it is still very winnable? They had multiple big innings the day before, so they were doing whatever they could to get going.

If the Hogs were being no hit in a 2-0 game with Arledge up to bat to lead off the 7th and he bunted for a base hit would you be mad? If you say yes then you are a liar, because you would be right there with me thinking "now all we need is a Spanberger homerun and this thing is tied."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jry04 on April 20, 2017, 03:28:48 pm
We can agree to disagree, but I think this is an insane line of thinking. It was a 2-0 game for a team with a winning record who is still trying to make some noise late in the season against a top 15 team. If it were 6-0 in the 8th then I would be right there with you throwing a fit. Why should Memphis just say screw this game and give up so our pitcher can have a no-hitter when it is still very winnable? They had multiple big innings the day before, so they were doing whatever they could to get going.

If the Hogs were being no hit in a 2-0 game with Arledge up to bat to lead off the 7th and he bunted for a base hit would you be mad? If you say yes then you are a liar, because you would be right there with me thinking "now all we need is a Spanberger homerun and this thing is tied."

I'm guessing you don't know the depth of my dislike for that whole athletic program...............................let me sum it up. I'd rather go to hell than go play or work at tiger high.