Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Akiel Byers to Mizzou....

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, April 17, 2017, 07:33:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

So...Akial Byers has received a passing ACT score, and has committed to Missouri. It's my understanding that he will need to pass all of his classes this spring semester in order to enroll at Mizzou this fall. Byers was going to have to grayshirt at Alabama, and apparently didn't want to do that, so he chose the Tigers. He has become their highest rated recruit for the 2017 class.
What gives?! Did this guy just not want to play for Arkansas? Did CBB even offer him? Will he even make it to Columbia, or will he end up in Jr. College like he was going to do?  ???
Unbelieveable.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

onebadrubi

bkjbearcat

No one thought he was going to qualify. That's why Arkansas didn't offer him a scholarship. Alabama really didn't think he was going to qualify.  He had Juco written all over him.

Good luck to him. But ya, if he becomes a stud it will be a bad look for BB. It shouldn't but perception is reality.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

ifghog

I was told from a great source ( close family member) that he really had no desire to go to Arkansas. FWIW.

PorkRinds

Once he lied about why h hadn't received an offer from the hogs his fate was seemingly sealed. I'll be surprised if he ever plays a down in Missouri.

hawg1221

If the guy doesn't qualify for entrance into the University, then how in the world does this end up looking bad for CBB.( Regardless of how successful he becomes)

greenie

A big part of recruiting is risk management.  He may be a very solid young man (I don't know), but it certainly appears that he is an academic risk.  Someone has to make the call on whether to take a shot with him.  Saban made his call by offering a grayshirt, which isn't much of a risk for them (they cancel those types out of their system like postage stamps on a regular basis).  Bielema made his call, as well.  An offer from us is a greater risk since he's an in-state kid; you have a really hard time pulling an offer if things start looking bad...better to just not offer at all.  Best of luck to Akial at Mizzou.