Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tv for Memphis series

Started by neilj17, April 16, 2017, 10:13:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neilj17

Anyone know if there will be Tv or Internet broadcast of the 2 games with Memphis this week?

factchecker

From what I can tell:

SEC Network (Online/WatchESPN) for the game in Fayetteville on Tuesday.

No TV for the game in NLR on Wednesday.

It might be a situation similar to the basketball game we played at Verizon earlier in the year.  The facilities in NLR may not be equipped to carry a SEC/Television broadcast.

Here is a link to buy tickets to the NLR game if you want to see it in person:

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Buy.asp?EventID=203509#.WPSEFvQrKeF
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Kevin

no streaming in little rock.

just have to go old school, and listen to the radio
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

woodhog14

Quote from: factchecker on April 17, 2017, 04:08:31 am
From what I can tell:

SEC Network (Online/WatchESPN) for the game in Fayetteville on Tuesday.

No TV for the game in NLR on Wednesday.

It might be a situation similar to the basketball game we played at Verizon earlier in the year.  The facilities in NLR may not be equipped to carry a SEC/Television broadcast.

Here is a link to buy tickets to the NLR game if you want to see it in person:

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Buy.asp?EventID=203509#.WPSEFvQrKeF
Correct.

Supermark101

Quote from: woodhog14 on April 17, 2017, 01:25:25 pm
Correct.

Actually it's not. There is nothing that a stadium needs to be equipped with for a live sports broadcast, except power. Everything else is brought in from the outside. I don't know the situation at the ballpark, although I'm pretty sure CST did a game there once, but Verizon has had many live tv events.

factchecker

Quote from: Supermark101 on April 18, 2017, 03:14:23 am
Actually it's not. There is nothing that a stadium needs to be equipped with for a live sports broadcast, except power. Everything else is brought in from the outside. I don't know the situation at the ballpark, although I'm pretty sure CST did a game there once, but Verizon has had many live tv events.

How many live events have they had on the SEC Network?

SEC Network is making the call.  They are in charge of broadcasting the game unless CST picks it up.

In regards to equipment..... baseball stadiums need camera wells and a broadcast booth (most stadiums have this) unless you want a single camera view and no play by play.

As of right now the only solution is to either go to the game or listen on the radio/internet.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Supermark101

April 18, 2017, 05:32:49 am #6 Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:48:27 am by Supermark101
Quote from: factchecker on April 18, 2017, 03:35:48 am
How many live events have they had on the SEC Network?.

SEC Network is making the call.  They are in charge of broadcasting the game unless CST picks it up.

The basics needed for sports broadcasts do not vary by network. The only thing that matters is what they're willing to pay. The SEC Network uses unpaid/under paid interns/students to run there broadcasts, mostly provided by the schools. That is much harder and more expensive off campus

Quote from: factchecker on April 18, 2017, 03:35:48 am

In regards to equipment..... baseball stadiums need camera wells and a broadcast booth (most stadiums have this) unless you want a single camera view and no play by play.

As of right now the only solution is to either go to the game or listen on the radio/internet.

A broadcast "booth" can literally be set up anywhere. The "booth" at Bud Walton is a table the network brings in and sets up at mid court. Camera wells are nice and make for a more professional broadcast, but you can do more than a one camera shoot without them.

I think we should agree on is that it is not the venues but ESPN that is to blame for the games not being televised.

factchecker

Quote from: Supermark101 on April 18, 2017, 05:32:49 am
I think we should agree on is that it is not the venues but ESPN that is to blame for the games not being televised.

No doubt.  ESPN/SEC Network could broadcast a game in the middle of the Atlantic if they wanted to.

With today's technology you can periscope games from your cellphone.  (Maybe somebody could do this).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: Supermark101 on April 18, 2017, 05:32:49 am
The basics needed for sports broadcasts do not vary by network. The only thing that matters is what they're willing to pay. The SEC Network uses unpaid/under paid interns/students to run there broadcasts, mostly provided by the schools. That is much harder and more expensive off campus

A broadcast "booth" can literally be set up anywhere. The "booth" at Bud Walton is a table the network brings in and sets up at mid court. Camera wells are nice and make for a more professional broadcast, but you can do more than a one camera shoot without them.

SEC Network games are produced by the home schools production staff. We spent $2M putting in a production center/facility in the basement of BWA, and upgrading our venues to broadcast the games. We, the UofA, don't have a satellite truck to do a venue off campus.

woodhog14

Quote from: Supermark101 on April 18, 2017, 03:14:23 am

It is correct for televising a SECN+ production. Not a regular ESPN or CST production. Our baskeball game at Verizon this past year could not be aired on SECN+ because Verizon was not set up correctly for a SECN+ telecast.

ricepig

Quote from: woodhog14 on April 18, 2017, 10:17:59 am
It is correct for televising a SECN+ production. Not a regular ESPN or CST production. Our baskeball game at Verizon this past year could not be aired on SECN+ because Verizon was not set up correctly for a SECN+ telecast.

It wasn't that Verizon wasn't set up, it's the fact that our SEC Network+ is limited to on campus broadcasts.

Bruinstyle2001

I really don't want to hear that Little Rock doesn't have the capabilities to broadcast the game when I literally watched NCAA Baseball broadcast a game via Facebook live from Dallas Baptist earlier this season.  If you want to show a game in this day and age, all you need is a webcam, phone, Facebook account, etc. and a stationary mount.  For less than $100, you could place a feed out there.  I understand that ESPN and CST have first pass, but once they do, we could take advantage of it and use the free tools available (Periscope, Facebook live, etc.) 

ricepig

Quote from: Bruinstyle2001 on April 18, 2017, 12:07:09 pm
I really don't want to hear that Little Rock doesn't have the capabilities to broadcast the game when I literally watched NCAA Baseball broadcast a game via Facebook live from Dallas Baptist earlier this season.  If you want to show a game in this day and age, all you need is a webcam, phone, Facebook account, etc. and a stationary mount.  For less than $100, you could place a feed out there.  I understand that ESPN and CST have first pass, but once they do, we could take advantage of it and use the free tools available (Periscope, Facebook live, etc.) 

Sounds like you're our man, please come back and gives the link for the game.  8)  There may, or may not be fees and licensing regs with SEC schools, I'm sure there's a reason it isn't being shown. I really figured CST would have shown this game instead of the KSU game, but what do I know.....

TikiHog

WOW!!! A Bruinstyle sighting...see ya tonight

Bruinstyle2001

It is funny on the day I mention it NCAA Baseball is live streaming another game on Facebook live:

https://www.facebook.com/271967296639/videos/10154283346676640

St. John's hosting NYIT

BoarnSupremacy

Tired watching games on ESPN3.  The 30 win team and leader in SEC should be on one of the espn channels from now on.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on April 18, 2017, 10:46:07 pm
Tired watching games on ESPN3.  The 30 win team and leader in SEC should be on one of the espn channels from now on.

I've given up hope when you have lsu playing in Baum with two nationally top 15 teams playing and they can't even air the game.

dotnet

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on April 18, 2017, 10:46:07 pm

A few years ago the only way to see games was through razorvision or other home team's version.  Razorvision would cut out for large stretches, not in HD, and had limited camera angles.  Its weird how its only taken a few years of being okay with razorvision, that we paid extra for, if it was just HD  to get to being unhappy with ESPN3.

dotnet

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 19, 2017, 10:16:40 am
I've given up hope when you have lsu playing in Baum with two nationally top 15 teams playing and they can't even air the game.

Almost every televised game is planned before the season starts. 

dotnet

Quote from: dotnet on April 19, 2017, 10:33:52 am
Almost every televised game is planned before the season starts. 

Which is why Arkansas and Alabama was on TV while Vandy was playing UK or Auburn was playing USCe. 

at least one game the next three weekends will be on TV, and it has nothing to do with Arkansas being good or bad.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/12/2017-secbaseball/

ricepig

Quote from: dotnet on April 19, 2017, 10:33:31 am
A few years ago the only way to see games was through razorvision or other home team's version.  Razorvision would cut out for large stretches, not in HD, and had limited camera angles.  Its weird how its only taken a few years of being okay with razorvision, that we paid extra for, if it was just HD  to get to being unhappy with ESPN3.

Are you saying we can never be pleased??

Supermark101

Quote from: razorshark on April 19, 2017, 05:00:50 pm
But the university does own a satellite truck,  I know I used to be the snv manager. 
https://news.uark.edu/Newsroom/CommunicationAndTransmission
Read the last paragraph

You still need a production truck or control room. Plus satellite time is not cheap.

razorshark

Quote from: Supermark101 on April 20, 2017, 01:16:30 am
You still need a production truck or control room. Plus satellite time is not cheap.
Thats true but before I left the Dean did purchase a production truck and you are right that satellite time is unbelievable.  Thats primarily why the different departments never used it.  Only ABC, CBS and NBC, they have the big bucks.
Just wanted to show the article writer that he was wrong
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100