Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss getting sad.

Started by rhog1, April 08, 2017, 12:59:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/report-ole-miss-giving-game-name-deemed-bowl-game-2017/
Since they can't go bowling next year they are going to name every game a bowl game and give them all bowl names.

theFlyingHog

That reeks of Nutt. I mean....wow

rhog1

If i was a fan of theirs I would be embarrassed.

ricepig

So, will we be the "Henry heave" revenge bowl?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rhog1 on April 08, 2017, 12:59:01 pm
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/report-ole-miss-giving-game-name-deemed-bowl-game-2017/
Since they can't go bowling next year they are going to name every game a bowl game and give them all bowl names.

How high school - Ole Miss High School. Has a nice ring to it.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hawgey-Davidson

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on April 08, 2017, 01:18:15 pm
Is high schoolish a word?

How about Sophomoric?

I understand why he is doing it, you have to find some way to motivate your players when there is so much that is negative surrounding the program. It's the "us against them" mentality that he is attempting to project.
Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

Frankly in their case the "That School Up North Red Neck Bowl Series" has a very nice ring to it. Heck, they settle on one name for their entire season and get it totally correct the first time out.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HardingHog

At the end of the season do they get the "Butch Jones: Champions of Life" trophy?

rhames

Knowing our luck they will beat us this year

They will be winless and we will have a decent record hoping for a new years bowl.

Can see it now.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rhames on April 08, 2017, 05:27:20 pm

They will be winless and we will have a decent record hoping for a new years bowl.

Can see it now.
Wow, don't go too overboard in your Hog "homerism" now.

hogcard1964

Can see it now.

No, that program is in total shambles and it won't improve until there's a coaching change, and the new coach has 2-3 years to rebuild.  They shouldn't come close to being competitive with us over the next half decade or so.

bjeffersonhog

Does this mean they will get "bowl gifts" before every game?

Sivad

Sounding more and more like we have already seen Ole Miss' "Last Hurrah".

NotSoFastMyFriend

Good thing they "played the game" in recruiting. Really paying big, BIG, dividends right now.

rhames

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 08, 2017, 06:16:29 pm
No, that program is in total shambles and it won't improve until there's a coaching change, and the new coach has 2-3 years to rebuild.  They shouldn't come close to being competitive with us over the next half decade or so.

Uhhhh that will be true in 3-5 years. The Ole Miss team as of now still has talent. Now I think they will have a miserable year but I could see Bret pulling one of his head stretchers here

We weren't supposed to lose to Mizzou either.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Qadi999

they are playing in the  Champions of Life bowl against Tenn.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: rhames on April 08, 2017, 07:24:37 pm
Uhhhh that will be true in 3-5 years. The Ole Miss team as of now still has talent. Now I think they will have a miserable year but I could see Bret pulling one of his head stretchers here

Uhhhh, did the Hogs lose to the more talented Ole Miss teams the past couple of years, jackass?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

rhames

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 08, 2017, 08:13:30 pm
Uhhhh, did the Hogs lose to the more talented Ole Miss teams the past couple of years, jackass?

Reading comprehension.

You must not have it.

oldhawg

So if they lose their first couple of games, are they "bowl eligible" for their third game?  Or do they have to forfeit the rest of the season?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: go hogues on April 08, 2017, 02:32:44 pm
They've always been sad.
Pretty much says it all. Shut 'er down.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: rhames on April 08, 2017, 08:14:48 pm

Reading comprehension.

You must not have it.

Circular logic? You're right. I don't use it and I can't comprehend it.

rhames

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 08, 2017, 09:01:39 pm
Circular logic? You're right. I don't use it and I can't comprehend it.

I really hope you know what circular logic (reasoning) really means.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: rhames on April 08, 2017, 09:07:07 pm

I really hope you know what circular logic (reasoning) really means.
Circular reasoning (Latin: circulus in probando, "circle in proving"; also known as circular logic) is a logical fallacy in which the reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with. The components of a circular argument are often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true.

rhames

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 08, 2017, 08:13:30 pm

You were saying?

Nice copy and pasting on your definition too!

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on April 08, 2017, 07:24:37 pm

They're a 5-7 team that are returning the least amount of starters (11) in the SEC.  They're awful.

rhames

Hogs card

That team also lost their starting qb. While I hope you're right I can see this being a game the hogs lose. It happens every year.

I feel like our roles are revered. I'm usefully more of the Homer.

GoHogzzGo

Totally embarrassing agreed.

As a non Ole Miss fan, going to greatly enjoy this death spiral.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: rhames on April 08, 2017, 09:13:43 pm

You were saying?

Nice copy and pasting on your definition too!

You're the dumbmass suggesting the Hogs will lose to a gutted Ole Miss.

rhames

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 08, 2017, 09:25:06 pm
You're the dumbmass suggesting the Hogs will lose to a gutted Ole Miss.

LOL.

They haven't given up any scholarships yet. You know that right? That starts with the 2018 class.

I said I could see it....oh nevermind.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: rhames on April 08, 2017, 09:26:48 pm

LOL.

They haven't given up any scholarships yet. You know that right? That starts with the 2018 class.

I said I could see it....oh nevermind.

Meanwhile, how are they recruiting now? LMFAO!

rhames

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 08, 2017, 09:28:44 pm
Meanwhile, how are they recruiting now? LMFAO!

What does that have to do with their 2017 team?

I can enjoy a good laugh at Ole Miss thread, but it shouldn't be written down as a win just yet for 2017.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: rhames on April 08, 2017, 09:31:43 pm

What does that have to do with their 2017 team?

I can enjoy a good laugh at Ole Miss thread, but it shouldn't be written down as a win just yet for 2017.

You're the Hog "fan" that said you could see CBB losing a head scratcher to them.

Is your glass always half empty or are you trolling like many on this board?

rhames

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 08, 2017, 10:08:07 pm
You're the Hog "fan" that said you could see CBB losing a head scratcher to them.

Is your glass always half empty or are you trolling like many on this board?

Hahahaha.

Not trolling. Most would say I'm a homer. I like Bret but you can't say that over his tenure here there haven't been games he has lost he should have won. Rutgers. Toledo. Texas Tech. Mizzou.
Just to name a few.

Pointing out facts and not pumping sunshine 100% of the time does not make one a troll.

I even said the hogs would have a good season heading into the game

Justifiable Hogicide

This is silliness x 1000.
But coming from a team that calls themselves the Rebel Black Bear Landsharks; hands out printed directives telling the female fans what colors to wear to each game; and have had to ban their 3 biggest team icons Dixie, the Rebel flag and Colonel Rebel; that paid for NFL talent but still couldn't win anything much - it fits like a glove.

Calling All Hogs

How about naming he first game the Pay to Play Bowl?

jkstock04

Quote from: rhog1 on April 08, 2017, 12:59:01 pm
Corny, desperate, and dumber than a bag of hammers. Naming every game a "bowl" game? Really?

Maybe they can sell some t shirts of all the different "bowl games" they play in this year. The limp wristed participation trophy generation we live amongst that must have constant positive reinforcement to function gets really old.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

onebadrubi

So will their bowl gifts now be public since they get them for each game?   I hear the big LEft tackles like free rental dodge chargers

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 09, 2017, 08:27:02 am
So will their bowl gifts now be public since they get them for each game?   I hear the big LEft tackles like free rental dodge chargers

Lol, that's funny right there
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

hogbud

tusksincolorado

Can see it now.

I prefer the one on the right!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Pigasaurus

Media still slobnobbin over their Spring Game.   :puke:
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

bphi11ips

Off topic, but Ole Miss and Mississippi State start every year with a half game advantage over the rest of the West with Vanderbilt and Kentucky as permanent opponents.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Seebs

This is simply a ploy to get each players gold rings after each win.  SEC West 6th place rings as well.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Seebs on April 09, 2017, 10:51:58 am
This is simply a ploy to get each players gold rings after each win.  SEC West 6th place rings as well.

Ole Miss has never been a leader...always a follower.

The NUTTLESS years is permeated into their culture and will never be removed.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

niels_boar

The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

nationwish

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 09, 2017, 10:38:47 am
Off topic, but Ole Miss and Mississippi State start every year with a half game advantage over the rest of the West with Vanderbilt and Kentucky as permanent opponents.

I actually think it benefits Alabama, LSU, and Auburn to have higher prestige permanent opponents. There is a higher probability of a loss in those games, but I think the increased exposure those games brings offsets that. Most years you won't hear much about a game with any SEC West team and Vanderbilt or Kentucky, and probably not Missouri if they don't become a contender in the East again.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 09, 2017, 10:38:47 am

Well we get Missouri as a permanent opponent. So really it's not that different except we play them at the end of the season.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?