Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enos: Offense Is Ahead of Last Year

Started by Mike Irwin, April 06, 2017, 10:29:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CFB_Fanatic

Meh.

More offseason fodder that will just increase expectations around here. Happens almost yearly

Mike_e

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on April 07, 2017, 12:09:05 am
Meh.

More offseason fodder that will just increase expectations around here. Happens almost yearly

Meh.

Sounds like you've missed your nap.

Thanks Mike.  Seems as though that second TE spot is truly up for grabs.

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Hawghiggs

Awesome.  So we will not completely collapse in the second half.

Cmheinley

HOGFANONTHEHILL, I know we'll get some form of PC, but I'd love to hear your analysis on the scrimmage if you have time. Thanks so much and WPS!

DeltaBoy

Good hoping for some positive breaks and 9 wins this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Meh.

Curb your enthusiasm, OK?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 07, 2017, 09:01:59 am
Curb your enthusiasm, OK?
Totally agree. Yeah, if you aren't very careful one might mistake you for a giant "homer" and optimist.

hogcard1964

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 07, 2017, 08:40:29 am
Good hoping for some positive breaks and 9 wins this year.

No offense, but the fact that we're hoping for 9 wins is very disheartening.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 07, 2017, 09:18:52 am

No it isn't and please stop trolling for an argument.
Go Hogs Go!

The Hawg Marshal

Is it September yet? I'm ready to see this team in action. And yes I'm excited, it's called being a fan.

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2017, 09:32:41 am
No it isn't and please stop trolling for an argument.

That's not trolling son.  That's an honest statement.

peace

ATU HOG

I enjoy reading what Enos has to say more than all the other coaches.  We're very lucky to have him.

LZH

We would be a sub-.500 team without Enos.

ATU HOG

Quote from: LZH on April 07, 2017, 10:09:17 am
Agreed.  Night and day difference between him and Chaney.  Closest thing to an offense similar to 10 and 11

hogcard1964

This is a fact.

+1000

I honestly believe he's going to be one of the next hot commodities for a head coaching position. 

I hope we can keep him here until our next coaching change.   ;)

Next1_04

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 07, 2017, 10:46:34 am
This is a fact.

+1000

I honestly believe he's going to be one of the next hot commodities for a head coaching position. 

Hogcard / HLZ Pants explosion!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Next1_04 on April 07, 2017, 10:58:38 am
Hogcard / HLZ Pants explosion!

Together?  ...or just at the same time?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 07, 2017, 09:42:56 am
That's not trolling son.  That's an honest statement.

peace

You always post that "peace" thing out there every time you know you have screwed up, son.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2017, 12:14:09 pm
You always post that "peace" thing out there every time you know you have screwed up, son.

OK

I'm sorry if I gave the impression I was trolling.  I wasn't.

...peace again.

theFlyingHog

Can I apply to be a mod? Just change my handle to Einsatzgruppenführer, because I'd go straight fascist on these clowns

Next1_04

Musko has his finger sliding up the grip on the ole ban hammer!

Don't fight there urge sir! The feeling is right! LAY. IT. DOWN.

bphi11ips

Meh.

Don't think Enos blows smoke. Very encouraging.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 07, 2017, 12:35:44 pm

I don't think that he does either and in any case, everything points to us being better offensively this season. I expect the O-Line to be greatly improved. AA should have a steadier hand on the wheel this season and I think we are going to wind up having a 1-2-3 punch in the backfield.

My only concern on offense is the WR's and the TE's developing quickly.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2017, 12:41:34 pm
I don't think that he does either and in any case, everything points to us being better offensively this season. I expect the O-Line to be greatly improved. AA should have a steadier hand on the wheel this season and I think we are going to wind up having a 1-2-3 punch in the backfield.

My only concern on offense is the WR's and the TE's developing quickly.

I hope you're right regarding the offense and especially the backfield.

That "3" would be Hammonds, correct?  I'd love to see him line up in the slot a bit also.  He can motor.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 07, 2017, 12:45:47 pm
I hope you're right regarding the offense and especially the backfield.

That "3" would be Hammonds, correct?  I'd love to see him line up in the slot a bit also.  He can motor.

I think we will see RWIII, Whaley and Maleek Williams in the backfield and Hammonds in the Slot, split out and at times, in the backfield as well. Bielema has been waiting for the day that he can have 3 good RB's in the backfield and he may have found them. Rawleigh is going to get the most carries with Whaley right behind him and I think that Maleek may get some significant snaps this season as well. Probably R/S Chase Hayden.
Go Hogs Go!

ATU HOG

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2017, 12:59:40 pm
I think we will see RWIII, Whaley and Maleek Williams in the backfield and Hammonds in the Slot, split out and at times, in the backfield as well. Bielema has been waiting for the day that he can have 3 good RB's in the backfield and he may have found them. Rawleigh is going to get the most carries with Whaley right behind him and I think that Maleek may get some significant snaps this season as well. Probably R/S Chase Hayden.
I do think we'll see Hammonds in the slot a lot this year.  We need that playmaking ability out there.

As for the 3 good running backs I'm not 1000% sold that's what Bielema wants to do based on his past.  I think 2 backs is more his go to.  Pounder and then a change of pace.  I think we have 2 pounders on this team, which I think is fine.... just ready to see that  explosive run from a back soon and not get caught from behind.

Here is Bielema's Running Back Charts

2007 - PJ Hill 233 Carries
           Zach Brown 119

2008 - John Clay 155 Carries
           Zach Brown 55

2009 -  John Clay 287 Carries
            Montee Ball 98

2010 - By far the most distributive with the carries
- James White 156
- John Clay 187
Montee Ball - 163

Almost had 3 1000 yard rushers that year

2011  - Montee Ball 307
           - James White 141

2012    - Montee Ball 356
            - James White 125

2013      - Alex Collins 190
             - J Will 150

2014        - J Will 211
                  Alex Collins 204

2015          - Alex Collins 271
                 - Walker 90
                  - Jwill hurt

2016        - Rawleigh 245
                - Whaley 110

PorkSoda

Meh.

and we are going to need a lot more to get through the offseason.  how you form your expectations is up to you, but i enjoy hearing how things are going.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgar The Horrible

Meh.

This time last year the o-linemen were playing musical chairs and Froholdt was added to the mix. Think!
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

PorkRinds

The quote about th OL was really encouraging. That's our glaring issue that needs to be fixed on offense. If it's as far along as enos thinks it is that bodes really well for us.

Vantage 8 dude

Well considering the circumstances I think a PROGRESSION to 9 wins would make most very happy. While we very likely wouldn't be competing for the west, it would most definitely be a major step in the right direction. Have to walk before you sprint.

a0ashle

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 07, 2017, 10:46:34 am
This is a fact.

+1000

Disclaimer: Fact is used incorrectly to mean belief or opinion in the quoted post.

**** "The more you know"***

HiggiePiggy

If the defense is better than last year and we are much better than 123rd in offense in the second half we should win 8 or 9 games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

theFlyingHog

Froholdt is going to be a monster this year. If there is an award for guards, he will be in the running for it. We will see quite a few crushing blocks around the end, the kind you rewind over and over

Skipper had experience but we are upgrading at LT this year. LT will be more athletic with little to no drop off on the mental side.

woodrow hog call

Because all the other teams in our side of the league are guaranteed 9 wins?

Maybe if you would read your posts out loud before you hit "post" you might keep from looking so, challenged.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: woodrow hog call on April 07, 2017, 10:05:53 pm
Because all the other teams in our side of the league are guaranteed 9 wins?

Maybe if you would read your posts out loud before you hit "post" you might keep from looking so, challenged.
Yep, and this from a guy who claims not will we have a minimum of six losses a year, but that we'll be lucky to ever win at least 8 games. Man, talk him talking out of both sides of his mouth!!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 07, 2017, 11:58:19 am
What the F@€#?? Yeah he's a good coach but this may be the stupidest post I have seen on here since Robert Shields

No its not. Hes the best coach on the hill

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 07, 2017, 01:52:49 pm
This time last year the o-linemen were playing musical chairs and Froholdt was added to the mix. Think!

Yeah, and we were told by the media how "dominate" and awesome our DL was going to be, making the OL look bad.....2016 was the year for the defense cause they were loaded.......etc etc. We see how that turned out.

Now the WRs, TEs and entire DL and LBs are playing musical chairs, and you think we'll be even better?

BTW, do we have any safeties yet?

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 07, 2017, 12:35:44 pm

Maybe not, but CBB does...don't get me wrong I like CBB but he will fluff expectations every chance he gets. May wind up being his own undoing. The media will too....been hearing the same stuff from the media for years now (see my above post).

So Ill just believe it when I see it. Not from coach speak.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 07, 2017, 08:45:22 pm
Froholdt is going to be a monster this year. If there is an award for guards, he will be in the running for it. We will see quite a few crushing blocks around the end, the kind you rewind over and over

Skipper had experience but we are upgrading at LT this year. LT will be more athletic with little to no drop off on the mental side.

Believe it when I see it, we are gonna lose a bunch this year, 4-8 is my guess on record.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on April 08, 2017, 02:34:11 am
Believe it when I see it, we are gonna lose a bunch this year, 4-8 is my guess on record.

Great thing for hog fans that your guesses are always wrong when it comes to the hogs. Your hatred for the hogs is unmistakable. You sure do love to attempt to troll hog fans though.

CFB_Fanatic

Haha damn. Even I aint shooting that low.

I see 7-5 again, hopefully bowl game win in Memphis.

I would be more shocked to see 10 wins than I would to see 4, however.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Mike_e on April 07, 2017, 05:08:21 am

Thanks Mike.  Seems as though that second TE spot is truly up for grabs.

I hope someone steps up. Two years ago when a drive was getting bogged down HH or Sprink would step up as it was hard for defenses to key on both. Especially the way we moved Sprink around. Last year we didn't really have that versatile second TE.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Well since you have it all figured out, I guess you can log off HV and come back in September. See ya then.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

hogcard1964

We're going to lose 4-8 or we're going to end up 4-8?

nchogg

I'm no expert just an arm chair QB like most of us here. I know what we went through with the OL and they did get better late in the season. Austin was stuck in a position where he had to throw and the defense knew it. I look for improvement with the offense this year, and if Austin spends very little time on his back I look for them to be explosive. Our defense is a different story. I like the way Coach R is keeping his expectations left to the imagination. :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: nchogg on April 08, 2017, 07:38:21 am
I'm no expert just an arm chair QB like most of us here. I know what we went through with the OL and they did get better late in the season. Austin was stuck in a position where he had to throw and the defense knew it. I look for improvement with the offense this year, and if Austin spends very little time on his back I look for them to be explosive. Our defense is a different story. I like the way Coach R is keeping his expectations left to the imagination. :razorback:

Hey! I rule Madden so I know what I'm talking about. Trust me.  ;)

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on April 07, 2017, 11:21:06 pm
Yeah, and we were told by the media how "dominate" and awesome our DL was going to be, making the OL look bad.....2016 was the year for the defense cause they were loaded.......etc etc. We see how that turned out.

Now the WRs, TEs and entire DL and LBs are playing musical chairs, and you think we'll be even better?

BTW, do we have any safeties yet?

The statement Enos made was the offense is ahead of where it was this time last year. That should be plain and simple enough for even you to comprehend.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 08, 2017, 09:03:35 am
The statement Enos made was the offense is ahead of where it was this time last year. That should be plain and simple enough for even you to comprehend.

And it should be ahead. We have a returning qb that should know even more than last year along with a running core that also returns.  The offense should be a lot better than last year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on April 08, 2017, 12:02:43 pm
And it should be ahead. We have a returning qb that should know even more than last year along with a running core that also returns.  The offense should be a lot better than last year.

Maybe. My understanding is we have a pretty sophisticated passing system requiring a lot from the WRs. The one area that was hit hard with graduation.

I do agree some of our problem areas from last year should be solved this year.