Started by Kevin McPherson, April 06, 2017, 12:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

Kevin McPherson

HardingHog

HogCzar1

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 26, 2017, 05:38:33 pm
I mean this time it's pretty well deserved...

With as many prospects as we brought in, and with no signees of that group, it's going to be difficult to call this anything other than a total whiff.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 26, 2017, 05:50:42 pm
With as many prospects as we brought in, and with no signees of that group, it's going to be difficult to call this anything other than a total whiff.

Zhaire Smith, Amauri Hardy, and Shakwon Barrett ... Hogs missed on the 1st two, but not Barrett.

HogCzar1

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 26, 2017, 05:56:18 pm
Zhaire Smith, Amauri Hardy, and Shakwon Barrett ... Hogs missed on the 1st two, but not Barrett.

OK. Not Barrett. But the point is we have to date, been unable to convince anyone to sign that we have approached.

rude1

As I have said before, this staff basically get who they are going to get early, the spring or late period is nothing more than systematically going down their list striking out till they get on or near the bottom and get someone who says yes. We have seen this now for six years, don't know why I thought maybe it would be different this time.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rude1 on April 26, 2017, 06:30:07 pm
As I have said before, this staff basically get who they are going to get early, the spring or late period is nothing more than systematically going down their list striking out till they get on or near the bottom and get someone who says yes. We have seen this now for six years, don't know why I thought maybe it would be different this time.

Damn rude you took the ride again? 

s.o.s. for the late period. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 26, 2017, 05:59:15 pm
OK. Not Barrett. But the point is we have to date, been unable to convince anyone to sign that we have approached.

Can't argue that.

Hawg Red

Quote from: rude1 on April 26, 2017, 06:30:07 pm

Sadly, you're right. Although, Coty Clarke and Jabril Durham were pretty good as seniors (Clarke was also solid as a junior). C.J. Jones was picked up in between the early and late periods in February, and being from Birmingham, I'd imagine Mike leaned on some personal connections on that one. But, hey, the staff did some good work inside the state early. It sucks that they're looking at losing another guy early that isn't really an NBA prospect at this time. Hopefully as/if the Hogs continue to increase their national profile/relevance, we'll be able to snag a decent recruit when needed in the late period.

reddawg213

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 26, 2017, 05:50:42 pm

Agreed. Esp with losing 2 main scorers and 1-2 more possibly leaving

It doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence for year 7 of the Anderson era.

NWAHog479

NCAA just landed in Vegas, team went 11-21 last year and now they have a top tier recruiting class?

zebradynasty

If I didn't know any better, I would think that Arkansas has ALWAYS signed highly rated recruits late and it just got bad since MA got here! :o What happened this year happens every year here Nolan told us this years ago. It's hard to recruit to Arkansas! Not impossible but I present this year as Exhibit A. We had all kinds of momentum after the NCAAT yet....