Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final 25: USCe at #6

Started by daBoar, April 06, 2017, 05:15:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

daBoar

The Hogs finished #3 in the SEC, went further than SC in the SEC tourney.  Beat Seaton Hall that had been on a terror, came 3 minutes shy of beating the National and ACC champ, a couple hours from UNC, and beat SC at their place and when they had all their guys.  And the Hogs didn't make the top 25?

pignparadise

Polls don't matter after the tournament. We lost in second round. Tied for 17th in the only poll that matters. The way we lost and to whom implies that we were 17th.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

ShadowHawg

SC finished 6th? LOL

Just shows what polls are really worth.

rljjr

They were a feel-good story. Can they sustain it? Probably not.

Hoggish1

Quote from: daBoar on April 06, 2017, 05:15:09 am
The Hogs finished #3 in the SEC, went further than SC in the SEC tourney.  Beat Seaton Hall that had been on a terror, came 3 minutes shy of beating the National and ACC champ, a couple hours from UNC, and beat SC at their place and when they had all their guys.  And the Hogs didn't make the top 25?

Go figure...

ShadowHawg

SC ranked ahead of Arizona, UCLA, and Villanova. LOL

You can't make this kind of stuff up!

They had 11 losses. The next team with double digit losses is ranked 16.

Swinesong1

April 06, 2017, 06:37:30 pm #6 Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 07:19:08 pm by Swinesong1
Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 06, 2017, 04:45:15 pm
SC ranked ahead of Arizona, UCLA, and Villanova. LOL

You can't make this kind of stuff up!

They had 11 losses. The next team with double digit losses is ranked 16.
I can't argue with S Carolina's ranking.  They were a final four team and beat some very good teams to get there.  I do think the Hogs were worthy of being ranked in the top 25 tho.  Looks like the coaches had them as the 30th ranked team.

ADavisTheGOAT

They base the rankings off of who advances further in the tourney apparently
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 06, 2017, 07:20:23 pm
They base the rankings off of who advances further in the tourney apparently
only 16 teams advanced further in the tourney than we did and we took the #1 team to the wire.

there is no way we are at the bottom of the 16 teams that got as far in the tourney as we did.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.