Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Ladies NCAA National Championships are the SC LADY GAMECOCKS

Started by DeltaBoy, April 02, 2017, 07:33:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

They knocked off MSU in an All SEC Final.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ImHogginIt

revolution

Ok, I don't understand how MSU's coach, Schaeffer, is not getting a lot of serious heat for not playing his #1 sparkplug, Mo Williams, for the last 10 minutes of the championship game. 

Seems with about 5 minutes left, MSU cut the lead to 4.  Wouldn't that have been the ideal time to bring back in your star to finish off the comeback?

I can't imagine a coach on the men's side doing this because he didn't like his star's body language or because something was said negatively in the heat of the moment.  Was Schaeffer's point he made to this young lady really worth handicapping his team's ability to win a national championship?  Did he not have a responsibility to those other girls, his school, and the fans to put his team in the best position to win.

Seems like there's been very little reporting about this issue.  Maybe Schaeffer was completely justified.  But this is a huge story that is being largely ignored or at least no reporting beyond the surface statements by Coach and the player.

I just can't imagine Williams or Few getting so incensed in the heat of a championship game that they do not play their best player in the last fourth of the game.  She had 8 points, 4 assists, etc. in what 23 minutes?  Let's project that out - 4-6 more points, another assist when MSU was struggling to score. 

Maybe Schaeffer's ego got the better of him?  Maybe not.  Any insight out there?