Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Request for Sundays game against bama

Started by The Lake Lizzard, March 28, 2017, 11:40:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lake Lizzard

So I live in Bama and coach my sons 7-8 yr old baseball team. A buddy of mine who also coaches has connections with the bama baseball team and has set it up for my team and his to meet the bama players and run the bases before the game Sunday. That is all good and well for my players who are bama fans and I really appreciate the bama coaches agreeing to this because this will be a dream come true for some of my players, but my kid said he doesn't give two craps about the bama players! He said he will run the bases and do the stuff set up for our team but doesn't care one bit about meeting the bama players. I told him he will be courteous and will be as polite as possible to the bama coaches and players but he is a huge Hog fan and hates everything associated with the tide. I was wondering if someone might have a connection to a player or coach or could pm me some contact info for someone who might be able to set something up for my son to meet a Hog player or two before the game starts? He is a die hard Hog fan living in bama, so he hears alot of crap already at 8 yrs old, but he does not waiver. I would really appreciate any help or any suggestions.

ricepig

I'm not sure how they are on the road, but the players appear to be very accommodating to the youngsters at Baum. They'll chat, take pictures after the games, and even a little before the games, at least from my observations.

Kevin

when he is running the bases, have him run by the hog dugout and get high fives.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

RazrRila99

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 28, 2017, 12:43:21 pm
Make sure he wears Hog gear.

Maybe call the hogs as he rounds third base, as well?!

Earnhardt

If the Hogs win on Friday and Saturday, have him bring one of those brushes that the umpires use to wipe off home plate and have him sweep off each of the bases as he goes around the bases because the Hogs will be going for a sweep.

TexasDad

If he brings a ball and a sharpie I'm sure he can get some signatures. I see Hog fans getting the players attention on the field after away games or on their way to the bus frequently. If he's got a favorite player and shouts his name it's pretty much a lock he will get a few moments of one on one time. They all seem to be really good kids! 

Smalltownhog95

Can't imagine growing up in Tide country. Fight the good fight young man!
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

rmcchris

Quote from: The Lake Lizzard on March 28, 2017, 11:40:31 am
So I live in Bama and coach my sons 7-8 yr old baseball team. A buddy of mine who also coaches has connections with the bama baseball team and has set it up for my team and his to meet the bama players and run the bases before the game Sunday. That is all good and well for my players who are bama fans and I really appreciate the bama coaches agreeing to this because this will be a dream come true for some of my players, but my kid said he doesn't give two craps about the bama players! He said he will run the bases and do the stuff set up for our team but doesn't care one bit about meeting the bama players. I told him he will be courteous and will be as polite as possible to the bama coaches and players but he is a huge Hog fan and hates everything associated with the tide. I was wondering if someone might have a connection to a player or coach or could pm me some contact info for someone who might be able to set something up for my son to meet a Hog player or two before the game starts? He is a die hard Hog fan living in bama, so he hears alot of crap already at 8 yrs old, but he does not waiver. I would really appreciate any help or any suggestions.
Hey I got similar problems.  Both my sons at Bama now for college and going to game with me. I told them I'm in my Hog gear.  Love em, but not the Bama part.

Birminghog

Quote from: rmcchris on March 30, 2017, 11:58:30 am
Hey I got similar problems.  Both my sons at Bama now for college and going to game with me. I told them I'm in my Hog gear.  Love em, but not the Bama part.

We asked our daughter at Bama if she wanted to go to the game with us. She declined. I'm sure she knows I will be in gear and rooting.