Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's to bad

Started by BannerMountainMan, March 24, 2017, 06:30:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

That the two best teams in the tourney had to play in the round of 32..bad seeding. Pretty much the national championship was played last weekend. Butler cant compete with UNC..we pretty much only team In the Country that can..so go ahead and win it all UNC because your gonna. We gave y'all the best fight and it was honor playing y'all in the "pretty much" national championship
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HamSammich

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 24, 2017, 06:30:37 pm
That the two best teams in the tourney had to play in the round of 32..bad seeding. Pretty much the national championship was played last weekend. Butler cant compete with UNC..we pretty much only team In the Country that can..so go ahead and win it all UNC because your gonna. We gave y'all the best fight and it was honor playing y'all in the "pretty much" national championship

I actually have to agree ATM. I think Kansas is the best team in the nation though.

LR_Matt

Ha, Kentucky beat UNCheat  Go SEC!

sickboy

Arkansas isn't the only team left in the tourney that can compete with UNC. But I do think Arkansas was better than an 8 seed. I think we should have ended up around a 5-6 seed.

daBoar

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 24, 2017, 06:41:25 pm
Ha, Kentucky beat UNCheat  Go SEC!
I believe our seeding had everything to do with the loss at Missou. That's how important every single game can be. The Hogs were a much better team at the end of the season, but were penalized for the learning period before they got hot.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daBoar on March 24, 2017, 06:49:01 pm
I believe our seeding had everything to do with the loss at Missou. That's how important every single game can be. The Hogs were a much better team at the end of the season, but were penalized for the learning period before they got hot.

Ok St played a role as well in the perception. 

SC's O is ugly but D has been strong so far.  Can they keep this effort up?

Butler needs to slow that game down. Point total getting way too high for them to have a chance to even be close. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WorfHog

UCLA's still in it and they should beat UK again tonight and make a good run. That's said of 8 seeding is  :puke:

F the refs and F UNC and UK.

IUHog

The Big East is over rated and over seeded. 3rd place team in the SEC that went to the conference title game gets an 8 seed and Butler, 2nd in the Big eat with a first round conference tourney exit gets a 4 really pisses me off.

Hope these games in this bracket open some eyes in the tournament committee.

And I have a masters from Butler (in addition to a degree from UA) and was rooting like hell for them until I started thinking about this.

Atlhogfan1

Berry 8-13 26 pts.  2-13 for 10 vs Hogs.  Makes a big diff for NC.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogz87

So far, the SEC has acquitted itself very well.  Florida and South Carolina especially have show, thus far, that the SEC was a lot better than advertised.  Kentucky, too I guess, but they're just doing what they were supposed to do up until this point.  We were definitely under seeded and, by the looks of the results so far, so was South Carolina and Florida.  This of course is purely in hindsight because all three of Arkansas, Florida, and South Carolina ended up being seeded about where their resumes said they should've been seeded, but it's obvious all three teams are better than their seeds.  Had we gotten a 6 or 7 seed, then there's a good chance we're still playing this weekend.

I will say tonight's result is another reason our loss to UNC was so painful.  I felt at the time that, if we could pull that game out, we had a good chance to make the Elite 8.  We would've been bigger and more athletic than Butler.  Not saying a win would've been a guarantee, but it would've been a very winnable game.

I do disagree that us and UNC are the two best teams in the tournament.  Kansas looks like the cream of the crop right now.

WorfHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 24, 2017, 08:32:12 pm
Berry 8-13 26 pts.  2-13 for 10 vs Hogs.  Makes a big diff for NC.

You mean Floppy McTravelton III?

LR_Matt

Quote from: WorfHog on March 24, 2017, 08:03:11 pm
UCLA's still in it and they should beat UK again tonight and make a good run. That's said of 8 seeding is  :puke:

F the refs and F UNC and UK.

Yeah, UK seemed to handle them rather easily.