Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 23 THREAD:#24 Arkansas(18-4, 3-0 SEC) vs #18 Missouri(20-1, 3-0 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 24, 2017, 03:32:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHGiunta

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 24, 2017, 05:25:15 pm
Awesome PBP JHGiunta and great thread ARKANSAS. Go HOGS!

My pleasure....enjoyed it.   I usually just read.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Maddhog on March 24, 2017, 05:28:33 pm
Wonder how mang were Hog fans.

Radio guy said it looked like at least half the people that stayed were hog fans.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks JHGiunta, very nice job and thanks to the rest of the game thread crew and regulars. Newcomers, come on back and add to the thread.

Loved this game!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHGiunta

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 24, 2017, 05:28:29 pm
Tip of the cap to you JHG..... Excellent job. I couldn't have a better job myself. Well done and thank you for helping us out.

No, thanks to everyone in the EI game threads that make them the best threads on Hogville.....I'm just happy to be a part of it.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hogs RPI is currently #55, we'll see what it looks like later this evening. MU is #16.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 24, 2017, 05:12:18 pm
I know it's one game but our Hogs look vastly superior to 20-1 Missouri.

I've watched a lot of college baseball, and I kept wondering how in the world they had managed to win 20 in a row.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

carter

SPAL

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 24, 2017, 05:36:22 pm
I've watched a lot of college baseball, and I kept wondering how in the world they had managed to win 20 in a row.

Pretty weak schedule

Earnhardt

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 24, 2017, 05:29:38 pm
for a 1 loss team, I know the weather was sketchy but cmon.
Yep. I heard on the radio the other day that their attendance average was in the 800s. Even if the weather was nice I bet they would have had maybe 1000-1100 tops.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 24, 2017, 05:12:18 pm
I know it's one game but our Hogs look vastly superior to 20-1 Missouri.

Level of competition... If Hogs had a 20-1 with our schedule, we'd be top 10. There's a reason they were only #18/#20
Calling the Hogs from DFW

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

SPAL

JHicks3636

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 24, 2017, 05:47:58 pm
I'm excited about this squad

We've already won more than half the SEC games (4) that we won last year (7). Different year and a different attitude it would appear.

SPAL

RPI up to 40 after the win. I will update the thread after all games are complete.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Earnhardt on March 24, 2017, 05:41:45 pm
Yep. I heard on the radio the other day that their attendance average was in the 800s. Even if the weather was nice I bet they would have had maybe 1000-1100 tops.
the color guys sounded like they covered a team that averages 800 a game. I feel bad for the kids.

SPAL

Our SOS isn't much better than theirs is. In fact, there non con sos is better by the numbers.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHGiunta on March 24, 2017, 05:33:14 pm
No, thanks to everyone in the EI game threads that make them the best threads on Hogville.....I'm just happy to be a part of it.
I hope you can help us out in the future! Excellent job!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 24, 2017, 05:57:58 pm
Our SOS isn't much better than theirs is. In fact, there non con sos is better by the numbers.

Yeah! I'm not gonna bash Mizzou! This is only one game. They swept Bama. Anytime you sweep anyone in the SEC it is a job well done. And I know last weekend ...hell almost half the league got swept...lol But still! It is only one game of the series. Hopefully Stephan gets us the series win next game and gravy game will follow. GHG!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 24, 2017, 05:42:59 pm
Level of competition... If Hogs had a 20-1 with our schedule, we'd be top 10. There's a reason they were only #18/#20
20-1 is good no matter who you play.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 24, 2017, 05:52:32 pm
We've already won more than half the SEC games (4) that we won last year (7). Different year and a different attitude it would appear.
Isn't baseball a great game to follow.  :)

AirForceHog

This is what I was wondering.  Seems like they haven't played quality teams. Although twenty games straight is twenty games. Glad the Hogs stopped that madness
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

ricepig

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on March 24, 2017, 06:07:30 pm
Yeah! I'm not gonna bash Mizzou! This is only one game. They swept Bama. Anytime you sweep anyone in the SEC it is a job well done. And I know last weekend ...hell almost half the league got swept...lol But still! It is only one game of the series. Hopefully Stephan gets us the series win next game and gravy game will follow. GHG!

I thought you already had us winning tomorrow, lol.....

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on March 24, 2017, 05:25:16 pm
Awesome job JHG!  Win #20 for our Hogs!. Look to be playing with a chip on their shoulder this year!

Earnhardt

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 24, 2017, 05:57:44 pm
the color guys sounded like they covered a team that averages 800 a game. I feel bad for the kids.
yes, color guy reminded me of a golf commentator. Mizzou has produced some good players in the past. Their stadium seats something like 3000 I think. No reason they shouldn't average 2000-2500 at SEC games.

ricepig

Quote from: Earnhardt on March 24, 2017, 06:17:49 pm
yes, color guy reminded me of a golf commentator. Mizzou has produced some good players in the past. Their stadium seats something like 3000 I think. No reason they shouldn't average 2000-2500 at SEC games.

12:00pm game with weather threatening, it was about as suspected. We've had a few games this year with sparse attendance.

Maddhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 24, 2017, 05:31:10 pm
Radio guy said it looked like at least half the people that stayed were hog fans.

Not surprised.   Hog fans are everywhere. 😀🐗
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHicks3636

ric
Quote from: ricepig on March 24, 2017, 06:21:17 pm
12:00pm game with weather threatening, it was about as suspected. We've had a few games this year with sparse attendance.

ricepig, you made me work. Missouri drew a whopping 704 on opening night. They have had only one game where they drew over a 1000(1200+). Against Appalachian State they actually had a game that drew 160. The others did not fare much better. I have long thought that many SEC teams need to play baseball in their football stadiums because it seems to be the only venues that the fans can find.

pigture perfect

Great thread again. I love that when things look shaky for a pbp guy, we are like Bama in Football. Next up, and get an all star performance out of JHG.

Great game today. I was just glad to take a little revenge for the fb and bb teams meltdowns up there. Now let's go take the series!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Taylor Stadium:
http://www.mutigers.com/facilities/?id=3&path=baseball&;

Capacity: 3,031
Surface: Kentucky Bluegrass (OF) and Baby Bermuda (IF)
Dimensions: 340'-375'400 (symmetrical)

SEATING:
Fans at Taylor Stadium are closer to the action than ever before. Foul territory was sacrificed to put fans closer to the playing field. The true "stadium-style" seating has fans closer to the field running from dugout-to-dugout.

Of the 2,200 seats that are part of the main grandstands, 537 spots are special seat-back chairs. Fans can sponsor these chairs for a $1,000 donation per seat. A commemorative plate has been affixed to the back of the seat to recognize those who do sponsor the seats and those sponsors will have the opportunity to purchase season tickets for their seats.

PRESS BOX:
The media covering Mizzou Baseball work in one of the best, most-equipped facilities in all of the Big 12. Taylor Stadium provides a professional, spacious and comfortable workplace for writers, broadcasters and members of the MU Department of Athletics. A clear view of the field from an elevated workplace awaits members of the working media.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: ricepig on March 24, 2017, 06:17:26 pm
I thought you already had us winning tomorrow, lol.....

Touche Rice! In fairness, I had a couple of Knob Creek's over ice when I posted that..LOL It sure feels like we should have 20 wins! :)

SPAL

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 24, 2017, 06:33:12 pm
Great thread again. I love that when things look shaky for a pbp guy, we are like Bama in Football. Next up, and get an all star performance out of JHG.

Great game today. I was just glad to take a little revenge for the fb and bb teams meltdowns up there. Now let's go take the series!

Too bad we don't get paid as well as bama

lakecityhog

SPAL

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

tucsonhogfan

Thank you for the great play-by-play!  It was really easy to visualize the game.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 24, 2017, 06:34:54 pm
Taylor Stadium:
http://www.mutigers.com/facilities/?id=3&path=baseball&;

PRESS BOX:
The media covering Mizzou Baseball work in one of the best, most-equipped facilities in all of the Big 12. Taylor Stadium provides a professional, spacious and comfortable workplace for writers, broadcasters and members of the MU Department of Athletics. A clear view of the field from an elevated workplace awaits members of the working media.

That is FUNNY! I bet even the aggies have changed theirs to the correct conference and they are..................still aggies!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi