Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Basketball opinion

Started by hawginbigd1, March 20, 2017, 03:34:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your thoughts on the overall success

A+ it went beyond my wildest dream expectation
3 (6.8%)
B. I never dreamed we were poised to beat a 1 and get to the sweet 16.
27 (61.4%)
C. MA and crew performed exactly where I expected.
10 (22.7%)
D. I expected a deep tourney run and a higher seeding
2 (4.5%)
F. natty or bust
0 (0%)
Frito Pie
2 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

hawginbigd1

B is my choice I just wanted to make the tourney, and finish in the top half of the league. I was a little frustrated after the Mizzou and Vandy run, and losing at home to MSU pissed me off to such a young team. I am so proud of the level of performance by this team in the last 10, there are things I am still not pleased with, but overall I have a sense that this team is headed on the path of meeting my expectations for Razorback basketball with an ability to sustain this path! In other words MA is starting to meet my expectations for when we hired him.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

MJ2

A- on the year but A+ to Anderson for keeping the team together and not listening to all of us naysayers.

daBoar

I can't see how it's not an A compared to the last 20 years, and the obvious improvement seen in the second half.

The_Iceman

C. Said before the season this team should match the performance of the 2015 team. They were one win away from doing that exactly.

Hawg Red

I voted B based on the description for each vote, but I would personally give the season an A. We came very, very close to beating a #1 seed and advancing to the Sweet 16.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 03:56:37 pm
C. Said before the season this team should match the performance of the 2015 team. They were one win away from doing that exactly.
So you expected a mid season collapse and then to come back from it and play well enough to push a one seeds to the limit?

I call bs.

Atlhogfan1

Selected C but will give a "B-" being generous as we were more than competitive with UNC and close to a Sw 16. Big improvement from first half of Feb.  Season ended up about where expected.  In the NCAAT and a first weekend exit.  Managed to be above the bubble safely in NCAAT by SECT. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ThisTeetsTaken

B. 

Got to the Big Dance (which I think we should do more often than not). 
Won a game in the NCAAT. 

Expectations met.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 03:56:37 pm
I'd say we exceeded the 14-15 team only because we came much closer against a much better Carolina team.
I'd say B only due to the questionable losses that could have prevented us from playing a giant in round 2.
Now keeping under classmen will be huge to our success going forward.

There were some big bumps but he had those guys playing really good basketball down the stretch. Gotta keep momentum going forward.