Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steelers sign Knile Davis

Started by ricepig, March 20, 2017, 01:38:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogberry Snortcake

Seems like a really good fit offhand. 

Razorpigg

Cool he can hang out with Coby. Might have to do some Steeler rootin next season..

mckinneyhog5

Awesome!!!! I'm as steelers fan so this is doubley good for me!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hawgdavis

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 20, 2017, 04:11:09 pm
Awesome!!!! I'm as steelers fan so this is doubley good for me!

Diddo

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 20, 2017, 01:45:09 pm
Provided he can hold onto the ball, stay healthy and pass protect even a little -- all issues in Kansas City -- this is certainly the correct sort of team for his "one cut and go" skill set evident in college.

There's little wear and tear (he was often a scratch even when healthy) so it could be a solid opportunity.

You just seem to have a hard time finding any joy for any former Razorback without being negative in some way, don't you? I'll bet you are riot at birthday parties.
Go Hogs Go!

RME

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 20, 2017, 05:26:23 pm
You just seem to have a hard time finding any joy for any former Razorback without being negative in some way, don't you? I'll bet you are riot at birthday parties.

If the folks on this board, myself included, can just exercise a little restraint and not respond to the poor little guy, he'll go away. Only reason he comes back is because he gets attention.

tophawg19

wish one of the admins would show him some attention
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

1highhog

If he makes it through year 2017 this will give him his 5 year NFL pension won't it?  That's what I'm always hoping for all our Razorbacks that make the NFL at the very least, is that they can stay at the very least 5 years so they can be set for life if they don't live outrageously.

bennyl08

Quote from: 1highhog on March 20, 2017, 05:59:54 pm
If he makes it through year 2017 this will give him his 5 year NFL pension won't it?  That's what I'm always hoping for all our Razorbacks that make the NFL at the very least, is that they can stay at the very least 5 years so they can be set for life if they don't live outrageously.

Yes.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

kodiakisland

Quote from: 1highhog on March 20, 2017, 05:59:54 pm

Set for life?  I doubt it's that good a pension.  It is worthwhile to get though.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

j-mann

i hope he does well  ex  aga denver   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

bennyl08

damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: j-mann on March 20, 2017, 08:56:42 pm
i hope he does well  except  against denver

Did I FIFY? Missing a few letters originally...

kodiakisland

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 20, 2017, 09:07:34 pm
http://firstquarterfinance.com/nfl-pension-plan-retirement-plan/

Yep.  Definitely not set for life.  It's a great pension based on the number of years worked, but nothing even close to being set for life.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Hogs-n-Roses

What kind of money do these guys get for these 1 year contracts down the road in their carreers?

j-mann

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on March 20, 2017, 09:21:38 pm
What kind of money do these guys get for these 1 year contracts down the road in their carreers?
about 470k
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

j-mann

he had fumble plom   in KC   was a good kickoff guy in 2013  aga denver  had a 100 Yard KR    one of the few times  i was happy someone scored  aga denver     

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: j-mann on March 20, 2017, 09:51:06 pm
he had fumble plom   in KC   was a good kickoff guy in 2013  aga denver  had a 100 Yard KR    one of the few times  i was happy someone scored  aga denver     

Jmann, you still got that dynasty going on NCAA?

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

havok

Steelers looking for Lightning to strike twice.  They brought in former Hog Cobi Hamilton who blossomed, and became a big piece of their offense..   Knile could be nice spark too.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

89ALUM

I'm a huge Steelers fan as well.  But I don't think the Steelers break camp with both Cobi and Knile on the roster. 

Cobi has fierce competition especially since the Steelers brought Justin Hunter in from Buffalo.  Behind the Steel Curtain thinks Cobi will be the first one cut, even before DeMarcus Ayers.

Secondly, Knile's addition may bump another Arkansas native from the team in DeAngelo Williams, born in Wynne.  I love DeAngelo and hope the Steelers resign him, but by adding Knile they won't really need four RB's.  Fitzgerald Toussaint is also on the roster.

Knile is great at returning kicks and also has good pass-catching ability on third down.  So maybe he sticks and Toussaint goes.  I dunno.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

FaytownHog

Looks like they only need 3 years in the league to get a pension so he's good to go. 21k a year minimum is not too shabby. Many people work full time and dont make that in Arkansas.

twistitup

Quote from: kodiakisland on March 20, 2017, 08:36:48 pm
Set for life?  I doubt it's that good a pension.  It is worthwhile to get though.

Everybody lives on a different level...his pension may be plenty
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

kodiakisland

Quote from: twistitup on March 21, 2017, 08:54:54 pm
Everybody lives on a different level...his pension may be plenty

Doubt it.  It's not like he starts drawing it as soon as he stops playing football.  Just cause you played in the NFL for 5 years doesn't mean you're rich and don't have to work until you retire.  The NFL pays great for the time you're in, but it doesn't pay so well that people are set for life.  A few players, yes, but not the majority of them.

B501

Quote from: kodiakisland on March 21, 2017, 09:12:50 pm
Doubt it.  It's not like he starts drawing it as soon as he stops playing football.  Just cause you played in the NFL for 5 years doesn't mean you're rich and don't have to work until you retire.  The NFL pays great for the time you're in, but it doesn't pay so well that people are set for life.  A few players, yes, but not the majority of them.

hes a multi-millionaire already, any pension is just icing on the cake

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/knile-davis-12377/

kodiakisland

Quote from: b501 on March 21, 2017, 09:28:11 pm
hes a multi-millionaire already, any pension is just icing on the cake

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/knile-davis-12377/

His take home is no where near that.  Deduct taxes and agent fees and you might be surprised how much of that he actually brought home.  That amount is not going to get him to retirement age.  Again, it's not like he starts drawing retirement as soon as he stops playing football.  Yeah, it's great pay while they are playing, but when you finish playing in your 20s, you have a long way to go before you start drawing retirement pay.

LZH

Quote from: kodiakisland on March 20, 2017, 08:36:48 pm

Isn't it like $2000 per month vs. a portion of their salaries or something like that?  But they have to be 35 or in some cases 50 to begin collecting it.  I'm probably wrong on most of that, but I did read about it this past season.

Add:

My bad.....

kodiakisland

Quote from: LZH on March 21, 2017, 09:54:13 pm
Isn't it like $2000 per month vs. a portion of their salaries or something like that?  But they have to be 35 or in some cases 50 to begin collecting it.  I'm probably wrong on most of that, but I did read about it this past season.

The article above said the average is $43K/yr once they start drawing their pension at 55.  that's a great pension for the number of years worked, but they have to make it to 55.  Not many are going to do that on what they brought home over a 5yr career.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: kodiakisland on March 20, 2017, 09:10:56 pm
Yep.  Definitely not set for life.  It's a great pension based on the number of years worked, but nothing even close to being set for life.

umm I could definately live on the average NFL pension.
43,000 a year. Is it tax free?

kodiakisland

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on March 21, 2017, 10:38:20 pm
umm I could definately live on the average NFL pension.
43,000 a year. Is it tax free?

Again, he draws that at 55, not when he stops playing football.  How long you gonna live on no income?  Is any pension tax free?

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: kodiakisland on March 21, 2017, 10:39:45 pm
Again, he draws that at 55, not when he stops playing football.  How long you gonna live on no income?  Is any pension tax free?

Idk man I'm 26 lol.
And hopefully they save some money from their playing days.

kodiakisland

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on March 21, 2017, 10:43:33 pm
Idk man I'm 26 lol.
And hopefully they save some money from their playing days.

Yeah, I'm sure some do put away quite a bit.  Others don't.  From taxes, agents, living in expensive cities, etc., quite a bit of that salary gets used up pretty quick.  Regardless of how much they put away, it's usually not enough to make it 30 years to retirement age.  If they are smart, the money they made in the NFL allows them to transition into a decent job after their playing days because most are going to need it.

goodguytex

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 20, 2017, 05:26:23 pm
I sadly know what his problem is. All I can do is pity him.

Anyway, moving on... Congrats to Knile Davis!! Hope he does well there.

HAWG MAFIA

bennyl08

Quote from: kodiakisland on March 21, 2017, 09:49:08 pm
His take home is no where near that.  Deduct taxes and agent fees and you might be surprised how much of that he actually brought home.  That amount is not going to get him to retirement age.  Again, it's not like he starts drawing retirement as soon as he stops playing football.  Yeah, it's great pay while they are playing, but when you finish playing in your 20s, you have a long way to go before you start drawing retirement pay.

In a college city or rural town, you can do pretty well on just 20k a year so long as you don't have to pay for kids or something. Bigger city, 40k a year will do you just fine for a modest but comfortable lifestyle. 20k is possible but you are going to have to live with 7 other people and never go out to eat.

So, as was mentioned earlier, different people live on different levels. If he was able to store up 1M dollars, then so long as investments keep pace with any inflation/taxes, he could stay in a bigger city for 25 years without having to work a single day, living a comfortable 40k a year lifestyle. However, IIRC, he already has a kid and family, so things are going to cost more for him. However, he probably has more than just 1M in his account as well, including his agent fees and taxes and such. Also doubtful that he nor anyone else in his household would forgo working at all. Just that, you can be a lot more picky about the work th at you do. Want to sell art? You can do that and just bring in say 5k a year and be good to go. Want to only work camps and make 10k a year? That's possible too.

j-mann

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 20, 2017, 10:42:33 pm
Jmann, you still got that dynasty going on NCAA?

i got it saved   i got a ps4 a morth ago  and i am working on madden 17 FA Rosters for ps3  i have all my files saved in a usb so if my ps3 dieds i can pick it back up    i was like 9-3 in my 2nd season

kodiakisland

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 22, 2017, 02:07:55 pm
In a college city or rural town, you can do pretty well on just 20k a year so long as you don't have to pay for kids or something. Bigger city, 40k a year will do you just fine for a modest but comfortable lifestyle. 20k is possible but you are going to have to live with 7 other people and never go out to eat.

So, as was mentioned earlier, different people live on different levels. If he was able to store up 1M dollars, then so long as investments keep pace with any inflation/taxes, he could stay in a bigger city for 25 years without having to work a single day, living a comfortable 40k a year lifestyle. However, IIRC, he already has a kid and family, so things are going to cost more for him. However, he probably has more than just 1M in his account as well, including his agent fees and taxes and such. Also doubtful that he nor anyone else in his household would forgo working at all. Just that, you can be a lot more picky about the work th at you do. Want to sell art? You can do that and just bring in say 5k a year and be good to go. Want to only work camps and make 10k a year? That's possible too.

OK.  Doesn't sound like much fun, but OK.