Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just heard on DTS .player from GA who is committed else where

Started by forrest city joe, March 21, 2017, 05:57:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

May be looking at Arkansas now.says the school he committed to does not have a coach right now.any idea who this player might be?says Danny West posted about it.

The_Iceman

My guess Joe:

http://247sports.com/Player/Aljami-Durham-85883

TJ Cleveland just followed him on twitter. I think he is on the road to recruit him.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 21, 2017, 06:01:03 pm
My guess Joe:

TJ Cleveland just followed him on twitter. I think he is on the road to recruit him.
Thank you. the way the Hogs finish the season,can not do anything but help recruiting. that UNC game was big.recruits saw how close this program is.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 21, 2017, 06:01:03 pm
My guess Joe:

It is, looong looong looong shot on him.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

forrest city joe

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2017, 06:03:24 pm
It is, looong looong looong shot on him.
Why? if IU gives him his release.why not Arkansas?

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 21, 2017, 06:11:20 pm
Why? if IU gives him his release.why not Arkansas?

We weren't on him earlier, we haven't offered previously, thus we are way behind others.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2017, 06:20:09 pm
We weren't on him earlier, we haven't offered previously, thus we are way behind others.
Understood. but maybe he just likes the way we finished this season.and the way weplay.and if we were to offer now.maybe he would say yes.you may be right. but nothing wrong with them trying.

Hollywood870

sickboy

HogFoo

what about the PG from new mexico that is transferring and they said he had immediate elegibility wherever he goes.  He was a great PG too.  can't think of his name, but saw it on twitter about 4hrs ago or so.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ShadowHawg

A lot of schools are full up this time of year.

He is a 3 star and rated 15 in the state of Georgia. Not the kind of recruit schools are holding spots for late in the game.

Oh and Mark Fox sucks if the can only land ONE of the top 15 kids from his state.

sickboy

Quote from: HogFoo on March 21, 2017, 09:04:49 pm
what about the PG from new mexico that is transferring and they said he had immediate elegibility wherever he goes.  He was a great PG too.  can't think of his name, but saw it on twitter about 4hrs ago or so.

Elijah Brown. Averaged 18 points per game in the Mountain West last season. Looks like he shot a LOT though.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2017/03/20/new-mexicos-elijah-brown-to/

The_Bionic_Pig

Scouting Breakdown:

Although he plays at the point some, Durham is more of a combo guard who projects to be more of a scorer than a distributor at the next level. When you watch him play, the first thing you notice is his quickness. Not only can this kid fly up and down the court, he has a strong first step, which makes him an above-average slasher who can get to the rim.

Although he isn't a classic three-point shooter, Durham has shown an ability to nail jumpers off the dribble, something that will prevent defenders from playing off him in an attempt to prevent a drive.

But he won't just be a scorer either, Durham is a solid passer who can use his driving ability to draw defenders to him before finding open teammates. It also helps that he has the ability to use both hands when handling the ball. That one is huge. Most kids only drive one way, which makes it easy for defenders to force them to the side less comfortable for them. If Durham can do that at the next level, he could be a very dangerous playmaker.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 22, 2017, 08:56:45 am
Scouting Breakdown:

Although he plays at the point some, Durham is more of a combo guard who projects to be more of a scorer than a distributor at the next level. When you watch him play, the first thing you notice is his quickness. Not only can this kid fly up and down the court, he has a strong first step, which makes him an above-average slasher who can get to the rim.

Although he isn't a classic three-point shooter, Durham has shown an ability to nail jumpers off the dribble, something that will prevent defenders from playing off him in an attempt to prevent a drive.

But he won't just be a scorer either, Durham is a solid passer who can use his driving ability to draw defenders to him before finding open teammates. It also helps that he has the ability to use both hands when handling the ball. That one is huge. Most kids only drive one way, which makes it easy for defenders to force them to the side less comfortable for them. If Durham can do that at the next level, he could be a very dangerous playmaker.

Sounds like he could be a good PG for us. If he came in and developed his distributing, to go along with his lefty shot and driving, he could get himself to the pros as a PG at 6'4".

I like the fact he is a lefty.

bosshog84

The Hogfather

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 21, 2017, 10:18:27 pm
A lot of schools are full up this time of year.

He is a 3 star and rated 15 in the state of Georgia. Not the kind of recruit schools are holding spots for late in the game.

Oh and Mark Fox sucks if the can only land ONE of the top 15 kids from his state.

Georgia has MAJOR talent, too.  They produce really good basketball players there.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 21, 2017, 06:03:19 pm
Thank you. the way the Hogs finish the season,can not do anything but help recruiting. that UNC game was big.recruits saw how close this program is.

Joe we played hard and aggressive.  I love their heart but we all saw the difference in quality of athletes in the two teams.  NC would probable beat us 9 times out of 10.  It was that obvious to me.  NC was 2 or 3 inches bigger and just as athletic at every position and most of their guys had us out weighed by 10 to 20 lbs.    We only played 4 or 5 teams currently in the top 25 and we did not beat any of them.  We were blown out by all of them but NC in that last game.  IMO we need more size especially more muscle down low.  Ours 4s and 5s are too darn small to play big boy BB.    I love Gafford but he needs help down low.  Who will help him?  I don't see it on our current roster.

I love who we are signing at the 2s and 3s but we need to sign more 240 lbers who want to mix it up if we are going to beat on any consistency the top 25 teams on our schedule. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogFoo on March 21, 2017, 09:04:49 pm

That would be a great pickup to me but unless we have more than one scholarship left then we need a 240 lb 4 man stud transfer more. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 22, 2017, 10:34:40 am
Joe we played hard and aggressive.  I love their heart but we all saw the difference in quality of athletes in the two teams.  NC would probable beat us 9 times out of 10.  It was that obvious to me.  NC was 2 or 3 inches bigger and just as athletic at every position and most of their guys had us out weighed by 10 to 20 lbs.    We only played 4 or 5 teams currently in the top 25 and we did not beat any of them.  We were blown out by all of them but NC in that last game.  IMO we need more size especially more muscle down low.  Ours 4s and 5s are too darn small to play big boy BB.    I love Gafford but he needs help down low.  Who will help him?  I don't see it on our current roster.

I love who we are signing at the 2s and 3s but we need to sign more 240 lbers who want to mix it up if we are going to beat on any consistency the top 25 teams on our schedule. 
Truth.  Recruiting has to pick up.  We need length along with athleticism.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 22, 2017, 10:34:40 am

I've been monitoring collegiate programs for *Graduate Transfers* who might fit that description if attrition due to a player tranfer strikes us opening the door for us to add one.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

redleg

Arkansas needs another point guard and another center.

Right now, Anton Beard is the only player listed as a PG. He had a down year due to his early season suspension, but came on late in the season. I will expect him to be better his senior year. But there isn't another true PG on the team to distribute the ball and facilitate plays.

At center, true freshman Dan Gafford will be the only one on next year's squad. Thompson, Cook, and Thomas are power forwards, although Thompson can easily play in the paint due to his body size. CMA needs to add another center, and it doesn't have to be a highly ranked playmaker, although that would be nice. It just needs to be a guy that can come in for 5-7 minutes per game score a bucket or two, grab a couple of rebounds, and alter or block a shot or two, while giving Gafford and Thompson some rest during the game.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

forrest city joe

Quote from: redleg on March 22, 2017, 01:26:26 pm

Right now, Anton Beard is the only player listed as a PG. He had a down year due to his early season suspension, but came on late in the season. I will expect him to be better his senior year. But there isn't another true PG on the team to distribute the ball and facilitate plays.

At center, true freshman Dan Gafford will be the only one on next year's squad. Thompson, Cook, and Thomas are power forwards, although Thompson can easily play in the paint due to his body size. CMA needs to add another center, and it doesn't have to be a highly ranked playmaker, although that would be nice. It just needs to be a guy that can come in for 5-7 minutes per game score a bucket or two, grab a couple of rebounds, and alter or block a shot or two, while giving Gafford and Thompson some rest during the game.
I am going to shock some people by saying this.B.Hazen is going to be big for us next year. i love his skill set. same with C.J.Jones.neither played much this year. but they now have had a full year in the program.and i think both will be in the rotation next year. Add in A.Bailey, and these 3 guys are going to be big for this program before all is said and done.i can't wait to see Hazen and C.J. play next year.

navyhog24

Beard really isn't a true PG either. He's more of a 5'10" CG.

ricepig

Beard wasn't suspended for anything this year, he played in all 36 games.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 22, 2017, 11:31:14 am

See 2017-18 recruiting classes...

ThisTeetsTaken

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 22, 2017, 08:56:45 am
Scouting Breakdown:

this description plus the two videos from above scream dearron Fox.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

sickboy

ShadowHawg

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 22, 2017, 09:13:59 pm
We'll see.

What's to see? We have a good class committed already with one more to add to them. If you think/hope they will decommit you couldn't be more wrong. None are grade risks either.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 22, 2017, 01:35:15 pm
I am going to shock some people by saying this.B.Hazen is going to be big for us next year. i love his skill set. same with C.J.Jones.neither played much this year. but they now have had a full year in the program.and i think both will be in the rotation next year. Add in A.Bailey, and these 3 guys are going to be big for this program before all is said and done.i can't wait to see Hazen and C.J. play next year.

It's been speculated that Hazen will transfer out. I think Mike reached too far on that one along with the Jenkins from the year before. We should save those scholarships for higher ranked players that want to sign in the fall or transfers. No reason to waste scholarships.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 22, 2017, 09:30:42 pm
this description plus the two videos from above scream dearron Fox.

So now the kid is going to be a lotto pick after one year with us? Heck ya.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 22, 2017, 11:29:06 pm
What's to see? We have a good class committed already with one more to add to them. If you think/hope they will decommit you couldn't be more wrong. None are grade risks either.
I'm saying we won't know what we have until we get them on campus and put them up against other player.  People are already saying that the jewel of this coming class is really raw. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 23, 2017, 07:46:05 am
It's been speculated that Hazen will transfer out. I think Mike reached too far on that one along with the Jenkins from the year before. We should save those scholarships for higher ranked players that want to sign in the fall or transfers. No reason to waste scholarships.

I do not understand you people.  Just because a guy plays very little his freshman year who I thought should have red shirted anyway then they are a wasted scholarship.  Are we really in the age if a kid is not a instant super star  then he is junk.   What is wrong with developing players for the future?  I thought Manny Watkins and Trey were wasted scholarships in their freshmen years but they are adding value now.  Sure they are not super stars but they help us win.  Since we do not home grow very many bigs in our state we need to find good value and develop them.  Plus Mike is not very good at signing  4/5 star Big men then he must find those 3 star Bigs who will develop into good players by year 2+.  Like Trey if he was red shirted like I thought he should have been all along he would give us 2 more good quality years.   

Ridiculous that MA will bring in very, very average transfers who must sit out a year but he will not red shirt kids who he signed that needs to be developed. 

I do not know how hard our little used players practices or what kind of attitude they have but if they have good potential, good attitudes and work hard then they need to be red shirted and developed especially big men.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 22, 2017, 01:38:18 pm
Beard really isn't a true PG either. He's more of a 5'10" CG.

I agree.  I like Beard's toughness but you are right he is not a PG but unfortunately he is not a real good SG either.   He will knock down an occasionally 3 but he really has trouble getting that shot off because of his height.  He can drive trying to create a shot  but it is iffy if that shot is not rejected and very seldom does he look to pass. 

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 23, 2017, 08:53:46 am
I'm saying we won't know what we have until we get them on campus and put them up against other player.  People are already saying that the jewel of this coming class is really raw.

You simply said we need
Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 22, 2017, 11:31:14 am

and I said see the next two recruiting classes.

2017 we're losing                                 we're gaining
Moses Kingsley 6'9                      Daniel Gafford 6'10
Manny Watkins 6'3                      Darious Hall    6'6
Dusty Hannahs 6'3                      Khalil Garland 6'5

2018 we're losing                                 we're gaining
Jaylen Barford     6'3                    Desi Sills        6'2?
Daryl Macon        6'3                    Isaiah Joe      6'4
Dustin Thomas    6'7                    Ethan Henderson 6'8
Arlando Cook      6'7                    Reggie Perry    6'9
Trey Thompson   6'9

So, overall, I would say that we definitely adding length with more possibly to come with Smith for this class. Sounds like these guys are all pretty athletic, as well. I mean our shortest recruit Sills went pretty viral with a dunk he had on a guy this year, so I would say the next two classes are filling your desires.

If we are able to get a big to back up Gafford and can play he and Perry together a lot, watch out!

If Garland develops into a Ky Madden type "point guard" (I hope but am not holding my breath) we could legitimately start in 2 years:

6'5
6'5
6'6
6'9
6'10

Now that would sure match up with Kentucky and UNC type teams very well...

ShadowHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 23, 2017, 09:37:57 am
I do not understand you people.  Just because a guy plays very little his freshman year who I thought should have red shirted anyway then they are a wasted scholarship.  Are we really in the age if a kid is not a instant super star  then he is junk.   What is wrong with developing players for the future?  I thought Manny Watkins and Trey were wasted scholarships in their freshmen years but they are adding value now.  Sure they are not super stars but they help us win.  Since we do not home grow very many bigs in our state we need to find good value and develop them.  Plus Mike is not very good at signing  4/5 star Big men then he must find those 3 star Bigs who will develop into good players by year 2+.  Like Trey if he was red shirted like I thought he should have been all along he would give us 2 more good quality years.   

Ridiculous that MA will bring in very, very average transfers who must sit out a year but he will not red shirt kids who he signed that needs to be developed. 

I do not know how hard our little used players practices or what kind of attitude they have but if they have good potential, good attitudes and work hard then they need to be red shirted and developed especially big men.

You do realize that the player has to agree to red shirt?

As a player it's only a good idea to rs if you are confident that the coach is committed to you being around even if you aren't working out.

Otherwise after year two and the coach decides you should move on, it's unlikely another d1 program would give you a shot because basically you would have sat for 3 years straight before you would be eligible to play for them.

Rawker

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on March 23, 2017, 09:54:13 am
You simply said we need
and I said see the next two recruiting classes.

2017 we're losing                                 we're gaining
Moses Kingsley 6'9                      Daniel Gafford 6'10
Manny Watkins 6'3                      Darious Hall    6'6
Dusty Hannahs 6'3                      Khalil Garland 6'5

2018 we're losing                                 we're gaining
Jaylen Barford     6'3                    Desi Sills        6'2?
Daryl Macon        6'3                    Isaiah Joe      6'4
Dustin Thomas    6'7                    Ethan Henderson 6'8
Arlando Cook      6'7                    Reggie Perry    6'9
Trey Thompson   6'9

So, overall, I would say that we definitely adding length with more possibly to come with Smith for this class. Sounds like these guys are all pretty athletic, as well. I mean our shortest recruit Sills went pretty viral with a dunk he had on a guy this year, so I would say the next two classes are filling your desires.

If we are able to get a big to back up Gafford and can play he and Perry together a lot, watch out!

If Garland develops into a Ky Madden type "point guard" (I hope but am not holding my breath) we could legitimately start in 2 years:

6'5
6'5
6'6
6'9
6'10

Now that would sure match up with Kentucky and UNC type teams very well...

Dude, you wasted a lot of time on someone who, by virtue of his words, has zero knowledge of what's been going over the last year (at least), and apparently picked up on 3+ year-old recruiting talking points to run with.  Pace yourself, you'll soon find yourself explaining how the SEC did NOT only get 2-3 teams in the tourney this year and actually got 5 teams in, which bested the ACC in wins.  Then you'll have to explain how the schedule was NOT a detriment this year, rendering a mid-20s RPI going into conference and a high-20s RPI coming out of it.  That's going to be a lot of work.  Spend your essay time on people that are up on things, and not with someone who's "heard" that a player who took his team to the championship and has an 18pt / 16rb / 8blk /2.5stl stat line (all way above his junior year) is "really raw." 

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

The Hogfather

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Rawker on March 23, 2017, 11:14:00 pm
Dude, you wasted a lot of time on someone who, by virtue of his words, has zero knowledge of what's been going over the last year (at least), and apparently picked up on 3+ year-old recruiting talking points to run with.  Pace yourself, you'll soon find yourself explaining how the SEC did NOT only get 2-3 teams in the tourney this year and actually got 5 teams in, which bested the ACC in wins.  Then you'll have to explain how the schedule was NOT a detriment this year, rendering a mid-20s RPI going into conference and a high-20s RPI coming out of it.  That's going to be a lot of work.  Spend your essay time on people that are up on things, and not with someone who's "heard" that a player who took his team to the championship and has an 18pt / 16rb / 8blk /2.5stl stat line (all way above his junior year) is "really raw."

Laughing and clapping at the same time. Well said!

colbs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 24, 2017, 11:09:33 am
Looking to be a grad transfer to somewhere, Enes Kanter's brother:

http://www.greenbayphoenix.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22500&ATCLID=209665546
Averaged a little more than 11 ppg this year while only averaging 19 minutes per game.

NWAHog479

Quote from: colbs on March 24, 2017, 12:52:53 pm
Averaged a little more than 11 ppg this year while only averaging 19 minutes per game.

I'd take him in a heartbeat