Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I can't remember the last time....

Started by razobak, March 20, 2017, 05:45:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razobak

I can't remember the last time I woke up the next morning, supremely pissed off and sick to my stomach over a Razorback basketball game. Usually when we lose, even in the NCAAT, I am disappointed but expect it and move on. But last night we had a real chance to shock the world. We played lights out for the entire second half and had it in our grasp. True we didn't execute on our last couple possessions and Moses missed two key free throws at the end, but all that aside, we got completely jobbed. I don't say that lightly. Usually, complaining about the refs is for losers. But it is real, and it is infuriating to have our season stolen from us in that way.

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. Go Butler.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Bacon_Bitz

SoonerSooie

I generally try to be objective as I watch the Hogs, even though I am a fan. I want to be honest. What I saw in the last of that game was some of the most horrible officiating imaginable. Not saying that there was a "conspiracy" but simply saying that objectivity has to see that:
The three point shot was tipped-- should have been our ball out of bounds. The video replay was undeniable.
The walk / charge (good grief, four steps!) no call and the ensuing put back that put us down, was one of the most blatant, horrid no calls imaginable. Maybe not as bad as in the Northwestern (?) game, with the guys hand going up through the basket to block a shot, but, it was almost that bad. Just flat out unbelievable.
The absolute mugging of Hannah as he brought the ball up the court near the end. Now, at that point, we may not have won-- fair question to be sure. But, when he was mugged by three NC players, knocked to the floor, and there was no call?? Really? Good grief!

And these do not include the steal and score by Bailey being called back due to the totally bogus foul call.

Sheesh!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: SoonerSooie on March 20, 2017, 07:38:32 am
The three point shot was tipped-- should have been our ball out of bounds. The video replay was undeniable.
I feel if they show the replay the officials are looking at over the big screen where everybody can see it instead of just the scorer's table the officials wouldn't be able to get away with that. That would absolutely change the way they call some of those calls. They wouldn't be able to get away with the obvious missed calls.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

XavierZane

Quote from: SoonerSooie on March 20, 2017, 07:38:32 am
I generally try to be objective as I watch the Hogs, even though I am a fan. I want to be honest. What I saw in the last of that game was some of the most horrible officiating imaginable. Not saying that there was a "conspiracy" but simply saying that objectivity has to see that:
The walk / charge (good grief, four steps!) no call and the ensuing put back that put us down, was one of the most blatant, horrid no calls imaginable. Maybe not as bad as in the Northwestern (?) game, with the guys hand going up through the basket to block a shot, but, it was almost that bad. Just flat out unbelievable.
The absolute mugging of Hannah as he brought the ball up the court near the end. Now, at that point, we may not have won-- fair question to be sure. But, when he was mugged by three NC players, knocked to the floor, and there was no call?? Really? Good grief!

And these do not include the steal and score by Bailey being called back due to the totally bogus foul call.

Sheesh!

They were mugging us all night, so throw that in- with the foul and free-throw difference that came with it.  And one that isn't getting attention but is just an A+ sign of uselessness is the shot clock violation called on Beard when he shot it with a full second left!  It wasn't even close!

WooPigFarm

Shoot, not only did we double them up in foul count, but I was telling myself the whole game that there would be a call at the end of the game that would seal it for North Carolina (I guess in this case, an obvious no call)

hogwood

Quote from: razobak on March 20, 2017, 05:45:33 am
I can't remember the last time I woke up the next morning, supremely pissed off and sick to my stomach over a Razorback basketball game. Usually when we lose, even in the NCAAT, I am disappointed but expect it and move on. But last night we had a real chance to shock the world. We played lights out for the entire second half and had it in our grasp. True we didn't execute on our last couple possessions and Moses missed two key free throws at the end, but all that aside, we got completely jobbed. I don't say that lightly. Usually, complaining about the refs is for losers. But it is real, and it is infuriating to have our season stolen from us in that way.

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. Go Butler.

I'm rooting for UNC because they are the backup plan to UCLA for defeating KY and traitor. Must keep KY out of the Final 4 at all costs. Plus it will make us look better if UNC goes on to win... Right now I'm actually thinking they will win it all.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogwood on March 20, 2017, 12:07:29 pm
I'm rooting for UNC because they are the backup plan to UCLA for defeating KY and traitor. Must keep KY out of the Final 4 at all costs. Plus it will make us look better if UNC goes on to win... Right now I'm actually thinking they will win it all.
I like North Carolina also but I think Kansas is playing better than anyone right now. And they run the same motion offense that we do. I've seen a lot of teams basically run the same offense as we do. They just have more talented players to run it. When we run it it's not an offense. Go figure...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"