Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Many thanks for the memories - Manny, Dusty, and Moses

Started by niels_boar, March 19, 2017, 11:14:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

niels_boar

I sincerely got a great deal of pleasure out of watching all three players go to work on the court.  They all made significant contributions to the resurgence of Arkansas basketball.  Their work ethic, hustle, artistry, grit, determination, intelligence, unselfishness, and skill will be missed and not soon forgotten.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Tejano Jawg

Agree. At times this year, we saw the kind of ball that can get you far in the tourney. Now, let's see if the others can pick up where those 3 left the program.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Jackrabbit Hog

Thanks for the post.  When I woke up this morning I intended to say the same thing.  I hope every Hog fan remembers each of these three for the many things they did to help us win these last two years.  Sure, each had some deficiencies but one thing you never saw any of them do was quit.

I think I'll choose my memory of Moses to be the blocks in the Seaton Hall game.  For Manny and Dusty, it will be the emotional hugs with CMA and Coach Watkins when they were taken out of the Georgia game the last home game.  I got a little misty over that.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pigsooie1000

yep, these guys were frustrating at times but will leave behind a great reputation and great body of work. Hannahs shooting was incredible and adding the driving aspect made him a very good offensive weapon even if his defense never became quite good enough, Watkins shutting down Jackson and leading our team in rebounding is a perfect way to go out, if we had won he had a case for player of the game. Kingsley's game vs Seton Hall was one of the greatest games by a big guy in recent Hog history. while he was frustrating also, his defensive work was the best I can remember by any Hog and his improvement from FR to JR year was incredible.

thanks guys, you will be missed

gmarv

Thanks for the memories,you guys were great fun to watch and cheer for.