Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy for S Carolina but makes me even worse.

Started by razorhog52, March 19, 2017, 10:17:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhog52

Love seeing Duke go down. Wish we could have pulled it off and shut out the ACC.

Cmheinley

Me too bud. The SEC has a pretty solid chance of putting 3 teams in the E8

Razorbacker62

Anyone else notice SC's intensity on defense? I'm happy with the hogs effort today, but moving forward, I really wish Coach A would focus a little more on the defensive side of the ball (including rebounding).

panhandlepig

Quote from: razorhog52 on March 19, 2017, 10:17:26 pm
Love seeing Duke go down. Wish we could have pulled it off and shut out the ACC.

It is kind of bitter sweet.  I was pulling for SC the whole way.  Gotta move on.

hogwood

Quote from: Razorbacker62 on March 19, 2017, 10:31:33 pm
Anyone else notice SC's intensity on defense? I'm happy with the hogs effort today, but moving forward, I really wish Coach A would focus a little more on the defensive side of the ball (including rebounding).

Are you being serious? Vs. UNC was an intense defensive show by our team. And Mike preaches D before offense, always.

Letsroll1200

North Carolina is better than Duke!! South Carolina played a home game .

TebowHater

hulk hog

Quote from: hogwood on March 19, 2017, 10:36:20 pm
Are you being serious? Vs. UNC was an intense defensive show by our team. And Mike preaches D before offense, always.
Mike may preach it but stats say our offense has been ahead of the defense since he's been here.   I give them kudos today though, we played defense with more intensity than I have seen in a long time
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Razorbacker62

Quote from: hogwood on March 19, 2017, 10:36:20 pm

Very serious... do you honestly think we were a good defensive team this year, other than maybe Kingsley? The last 2 games, we gave up over 40 offensive rebounds. Rebounding isn't always about size, it's effort... ask Dennis Rodman. On another note, the Hogs gained some national respect today and I am truly excited about the future. Moses, Manny and Dusty will be missed though!

Letsroll1200

How intense was that defense when we beat them?

JIHawg

The reason Duke lost-the bathroom laws in North Carolina.  They didn't get their usual home court.

moses_007

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 19, 2017, 10:39:28 pm
North Carolina is better than Duke!! South Carolina played a home game .
Duke beat North Carolina two out of three games this year.  So you say NC is better?

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Razorbacker62 on March 19, 2017, 10:50:30 pm
Very serious... do you honestly think we were a good defensive team this year, other than maybe Kingsley? The last 2 games, we gave up over 40 offensive rebounds. Rebounding isn't always about size, it's effort... ask Dennis Rodman. On another note, the Hogs gained some national respect today and I am truly excited about the future. Moses, Manny and Dusty will be missed though!

And that effort was on full display tonight. We did about as well as anyone could reasonably expect on the boards, especially in the second half.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: moses_007 on March 19, 2017, 10:54:57 pm
Duke beat North Carolina two out of three games this year.  So you say NC is better?

Match ups!! Carolina size and athleticism gave us issues. Duke is talented but does not have the same caliber of players. Gave us Duke in Tulsa and it's a different story.

Razorbacker62

Quote from: hulk hog on March 19, 2017, 10:48:05 pm
Mike may preach it but stats say our offense has been ahead of the defense since he's been here.   I give them kudos today though, we played defense with more intensity than I have seen in a long time

Agreed! I think Adrio Bailey is going to be a special player in the years to come.

niels_boar

The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Youngsta71701

Dude, we held North Carolina to 72 points and 38% from the field. They shot 25 free throw while we only shot 8 ::)...Nothing else needs to be said about that. What more do you want? Now the offensive rebounding in the first half, that's a whole different story. We shored that up in the second half for the most part until the tip-in that shouldn't have been.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

DeltaBoy

Pulling for SC and we got hosed by the zebra crew.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogwood

Very happy for SC. Wish we were joining them. In almost any other draw I think we would be... but this is great for the SEC and for SC. Hope they can build on this and help us dethrone Kentucky from their SEC stranglehold.

Gamecocks to the Final 4 baby!!

nationwish

Why do you think so many players were cramping up? They were going all out the entire time. They weren't trying to rest when they could, but throwing their bodies around at every hope of making a play. In the SEC championship, I thought they wanted to beat Kentucky too desperately and tried to do too much. Against Carolina, though, they just had an all-out intensity but still maintained focus through most of the game. There's no way you can question the intensity of this team after that game. I don't know how you get a team to keep that up over a season, but if you get anywhere close to that next year, this team will be dangerous no matter who they play.