Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duke block call just now

Started by onebadrubi, March 19, 2017, 09:59:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Well lookin there.  Duke gets a gift block call on a charge down with under 3 minutes left.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

40MINSOFHELL

At least South Carolina is going to win.

Ironhawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 19, 2017, 09:59:02 pm
Well lookin there.  Duke gets a gift block call on a charge down with under 3 minutes left.

Absolutely.  That was a text book charge.

Buff

Guy took 2 steps after SC player got his feet set.

TebowHater

Classic. But wow...we would have had the Elite 8 on a silver platter. SMH

Corkscrew Johnson

Wow, another suspect block.  Refs are trying hard.  This is corrupt.

WorfHog

We should have put up a baker's dozen before the refs decided to call the the game for the boys in blue.  The again we only had 10 fouls called against us the entire game. Notice Duke and USCe are both in the Bonus+.  :puke:

Atlhogfan1

And Duke just got a horrible call against them in what is basically a road game against a lower seed.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Boar War

South Carolina's going to pull this one out.

Atlhogfan1

And another bad call against Duke.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

40MINSOFHELL

Sickening watching South Carolina close the deal and that could've been us earlier if it wasn't for the refs.

(notOM)Rebel123

Seeing Duke players complaining about calls is comical.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hogsanity

Wont be long and they will just do away with the charge call because they want offense offense offense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cinco de Hogo

Just proves what a difference a decent called game can make.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2017, 10:02:44 pm
And Duke just got a horrible call against them in what is basically a road game against a lower seed.

That was an anticipation whistle

Atlhogfan1

NC fans more excited than SC fans.

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2017, 10:09:26 pm
I am an Arkansas fan and I am pretty excited for em too

WorfHog

What a difference one seed line can make...  :puke:

This is a team we beat one the road and who exited the SEC tourney after their first game.  :puke:

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WorfHog on March 19, 2017, 10:13:10 pm
What a difference one seed line can make...  :puke:

This is a team we beat one the road and who exited the SEC tourney after their first game.  :puke:

And location. 

Cmheinley

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2017, 10:09:26 pm

Haha I saw that too. That dude was jumping around like UNC just won the National Championship. South Carolina has  had some impressive 2 on 5 press breaks

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2017, 10:02:44 pm

They've had years of playing in their own backyard and getting the benefit of the doubt from the officials. Welcome to everyone else's world.

XavierZane

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 19, 2017, 10:14:16 pm
They've had years of playing in their own backyard and getting the benefit of the doubt from the officials. Welcome to everyone else's world.

Backyard isn't good for Duke often due to UNC fans.  They are better off out of the Carolinas.  Greensboro or Greenville not good. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2017, 10:15:57 pm
Backyard isn't good for Duke often due to UNC fans.  They are better off out of the Carolinas.  Greensboro or Greenville not good. 

Ha! Whatever.
Wonder what Dickie V thinks?

LRHawg

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 19, 2017, 10:16:47 pm
Ha! Whatever.
Wonder what Dickie V thinks?

That Duke would have been better off anywhere else. 

(notOM)Rebel123

TebowHater

The great ACC with one team in the Sweet 16. SEC should have had 4/5

bhogs05

That was a virtual home game for Carolina..must be nice as a 7 seed. They played a heck of a game though

passinghog

100 miles from campus? That WAS a home game, nothing virtual about it

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: bhogs05 on March 19, 2017, 10:20:41 pm
That was a virtual home game for Carolina..must be nice as a 7 seed. They played a heck of a game though

Think of all the times Duke has had the benefit of playing in Greensboro...50 miles from campus. Duke has a record of 34-6 in NCAA Tourney games in the state of North Carolina.
40 games!

hoghevn

Do you realize it took 30 minutes to play the last 90 seconds.  The refs did EVERYTHING they could to keep the game stopped for Duke to come back. :puke:
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 19, 2017, 10:26:32 pm
Think of all the times Duke has had the benefit of playing in Greensboro...50 mike smith from campus.

Not a benefit.  Duke better off in Philly NJ or NYC.  Lots of alumni and fans and few haters compared to NC. Greensboro is a TarHeel city. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2017, 10:28:35 pm
Not a benefit.  Duke better off in Philly NJ or NYC.  Lots of alumni and fans and few haters compared to NC. Greensboro is a TarHeel city. 
Duke is 34-6 in NCAA games played in the state of NC. No benefit, huh?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 19, 2017, 10:30:23 pm
Duke is 34-6 in NCAA games played in the state of NC. No benefit, huh?

Not from a support standpoint.  That record is from being a great program. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2017, 10:32:36 pm
Not from a support standpoint.  That record is from being a great program. 

LOL! Whatever. Sorry the Duke fans were unable to get tickets to the games in Greensboro all those years. I guess the '94 title game was a Road game for Duke, as well?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 19, 2017, 09:59:02 pm
They tried their best to keep Kennard in the game.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HamHands

I could not believe how Jefferson was yelling at the ref for a good minute or two. No T, No warning. Ref took it like a coach was yelling at him. remember how fast Moses got T'd up in SEC championship game. It is BS
One day at a time.

(notOM)Rebel123

EastexHawg

Quote from: hoghevn on March 19, 2017, 10:26:41 pm
Do you realize it took 30 minutes to play the last 90 seconds.  The refs did EVERYTHING they could to keep the game stopped for Duke to come back. :puke:

The length of time it takes to play the last two minutes of games is one of the reasons I think fouls in the last 90 seconds should result in one free throw and the ball out of bounds.  Something needs to be done to stop what goes on and how long it takes.  Quit giving teams a possible advantage from committing fouls and they will quit doing it.