Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am pissed. had to calm down before i posted.Pure BS

Started by forrest city joe, March 19, 2017, 07:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 19, 2017, 09:57:23 pm
More whiny fans blaming it on the refs when we lost the game by: 1) not scoring for 3+ minutes; 2) missing 2 free throws that could have kept us in the game an extra trip down the court; and 3) taking a monster 3 point shot too quickly near the end.  The no call was questionable but it wasn't that blatant.  Not at all.

We shot 8 free throws. They shot 25. Shut up.

lasthog

More whiny fans blaming it on the refs when we lost the game by: 1) not scoring for 3+ minutes; 2) missing 2 free throws that could have kept us in the game an extra trip down the court; and 3) taking a monster 3 point shot too quickly near the end.  The no call was questionable but it wasn't that blatant.  Not at all.

At least 90% of posts on ESPN's board agree that Arkansas got hosed.

But we dumb locals need intellectuals such as you to 'splain things.

Are you a grammar school teacher by any chance?

mckinneyhog5

All I can say is I'm very proud of these guys and coach. They showed a lot of heart in this game. I really don't know if I ever been more proud of a team then this one.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Scott7703

Quote from: maxhog5 on March 19, 2017, 07:59:09 pm
Not executing their offense the final 5 minutes of the game cost the Razorbacks the game.

Yep, the officiating was terrible but not being able to score over 3 minutes was the difference

GuvHog

Quote from: hobhog on March 19, 2017, 08:11:22 pm
Bad calls down the stretch no doubt, but better team won.

Great effort and nothing to do now but build on next year. Need a couple of bigs to step up and maybe another guard, but should have some momentum....

Well said. I'm saddened by the loss but I'm very proud of Mike's Hogs, They left everything on the floor yesterday and really made UNC work for the win. Mike has something to build on and the program has some momentum.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: lasthog on March 20, 2017, 12:00:45 am

At least 90% of posts on ESPN's board agree that Arkansas got hosed.

But we dumb locals need intellectuals such as you to 'splain things.

Are you a grammar school teacher by any chance?

There are plenty of games with significant differences in the number of fouls per team. For those of you that don't know, there is no rule requiring both teams to foul in equal numbers. It's a random thing. I know some fans (even fans who post all the way over on ESPN) don't know this, but it's really true.
By the way, telling people to shut up proves you don't like debating because you don't do it well. You're afraid to let others disagree, so you just tell them to shut up. I don't shut up at the command of things like you.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Seaghawg

Side by side morons being,"objective".
Your opinion is definitely objectionable.
What a putz.

Seaghawg

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 08:11:02 am
There are plenty of games with significant differences in the number of fouls per team. For those of you that don't know, there is no rule requiring both teams to foul in equal numbers. It's a random thing. I know some fans (even fans who post all the way over on ESPN) don't know this, but it's really true.
By the way, telling people to shut up proves you don't like debating because you don't do it well. You're afraid to let others disagree, so you just tell them to shut up. I don't shut up at the command of things like you.

You are an idiot and I reject your baseless opinion.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: maxhog5 on March 19, 2017, 07:59:09 pm
Not executing their offense the final 5 minutes of the game cost the Razorbacks the game.
North Carolina wasn't able to execute their offense in the final few minutes either. The difference was free throw opportunities. The got multiple, we had one
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hoglady

Quote from: Killean on March 19, 2017, 08:01:19 pm
Well, when you have players being body slammed any time they get within 4 feet of the three point lane with no calls being made, that tends to happen.

Dusty Hannahs was tackled more times than Rawleigh Williams tonight.

Yes - the fact North Carolina only had 3 fouls with 3 minutes left allowed them to play defense with abandoned without worrying about putting us on the line. (They didn't need to worry about it anyway because they weren't going to be call any.)
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on March 19, 2017, 08:27:43 pm
They called him for that earlier in the game.

What Barford got called for earlier was nothing in comparison.

And I'd sure like to see that drive by Dusty again - where be got body slammed to the ground with no call.
Everybody blames our offense in the last 3 minutes. How many fouls do ya'll NC committed in the last couple of minutes with that smothering defense?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DoctorSusscrofa

We got behind. Teams playing from behind try to reach and block. Not rocket science. We needed the ball back, tried to get it, and fouled.

Sometimes fans show utter cluelessness.

Lanny

Great effort and fun game to watch.  I see several plays down the stretch that hurt

1.Hannah's trapped on the sideline and forced to call a timeout.
2. several times North Carolina extended their defense and Arkansas couldn't set up their offense and forced shots at the buzzer
3. The poor no call on the official for the charge or walk and North Carolina gets a tip in
4.  Two missed free throws by Kingsley

All in all great effort and Arkansas had their chances, future looks better, glad Anderson turned this around and made Arkansas a contender again.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

rljjr

I will never believe that with the way we were driving to the hole that UNC only fouled us 8 times. If you look at the blocked three they cheated us out of as an "air ball," he either blocked it or fouled by not allowing the follow through. You can't have it both ways.

The charge/4-step walk was even more egregious.

The reach around tap/steal late i the second half that was called a foul was BS.

We didn't help ourselves missing the two free throws, but I can't tell you how many times Hannahs got slapped/handchecked for no calls.

Awful.

I did appreciate they let the kids play until it got to winning time. Then they took over. I don't know why teams in blue always get the benefit of the doubt, but they do. Maybe we should change our color scheme. 

DoctorSusscrofa

The air ball was an air ball. The no call was borderline. The refs didnt call it. I wish they had. But it wasn't that egregious. A somewhat poor call that wouldn't have mattered except for the tip in.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 08:38:34 pm
That's ridiculous and shameful homerism.

1. Points allowed off turnovers?
2. Points scored at all (under three minutes)?

Officials hadn't a darn thing to do with either.

We own this, internally.
I don't remember ever seeing you post anything at all that would lead me to believe that you are a Razorback fan.

bob slydell

Quote from: hawgXi on March 19, 2017, 08:44:07 pm
Plus talking bout real home cookin, roy prolly had the heaters in greenville NC turned up to 90 causing our guards to cramp up. Old trick but it works if homies are loaded with plenty of potassium

Those are some serious BTUs if they affected players almost 350 miles away.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Bob Slydell on March 20, 2017, 09:19:30 am
Those are some serious BTUs if they affected players almost 350 miles away.
That'd be like, a big nuclear meltdown kind of heat. Or something.  ;)

gchamblee

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 19, 2017, 08:19:31 pm
Bull crap! the refs calls beat Arkansas. take your BS and stuff it. i am in no mood for your crap today.

Sore loser.

gchamblee

Quote from: Lanny on March 20, 2017, 08:46:32 am
Great effort and fun game to watch.  I see several plays down the stretch that hurt

2. several times North Carolina extended their defense and Arkansas couldn't set up their offense and forced shots at the buzzer
3. The poor no call on the official for the charge or walk and North Carolina gets a tip in

All in all great effort and Arkansas had their chances, future looks better, glad Anderson turned this around and made Arkansas a contender again.

XavierZane

It's the classic ref recipe for influencing a game.  Let NC murder AR in the paint but call a foul on us every time they drive.  Literally call twice the fouls and keep them in the game with free throws.  Eventually the favored team starts "defending" as hard as they can, the screwed team stops trying to score in the paint because they know they'll get fouled and they stop defending in the paint because it's called a foul.  We saw the perfect result of this recipe in the last minutes of our game. 

Their 12-0 run was half free-throws, two garbage baskets after no-call fouls, and one legit field goal.  We didn't get into the bonus for more than a couple of minutes the entire game, and not at all in the second half.  They got 25 free throws, we got 8.  That's the game right there, even without the refs going above and beyond at the end.

flynhog

They were better across the board and it's just that simple.  This was the best effort on the court I have seen all year.  Coming back from a 17 point half time deficit to go up on NC is no small feat.  Were the calls BS?  Absolutely.  If we had played the entire game like the second half we would have won by 10 points.

WPS
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

jgphillips3

UNC's player walked, ran over our guy and they get two points.  Yep.  That's exactly how that sequence should have been officiated.  Pathetic...

hogsanity

Quote from: LRrazorback on March 19, 2017, 10:50:02 pm
Unc 19-25 ft
AR 5-8 ft

Pretty big difference and hard to justify

Old miss 8-14 Hogs 20-23    Texas a&m 9-11  Hogs 22-27.  I am pretty sure their fans would find those hard to justify as well. FT numbers get skewed when teams are fouling to force ft's.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 11:10:14 am
Old miss 8-14 Hogs 20-23    Texas a&m 9-11  Hogs 22-27.  I am pretty sure their fans would find those hard to justify as well. FT numbers get skewed when teams are fouling to force ft's.

I am sorry but i do not see how anyone with eyes watching the final 5 minutes of that game can feel any other way than the refs jobbed the Hogs.

UNC only scored 1 legit basket during that entire time.  Did the hogs score? nope they were busy getting abused by a team that had umpteen fouls to give even though they were fouling anyone that got in the paint.

Do i think the hogs win if called "normally" perhaps i honestly felt like it was going to go to OT, and then i am not sure we would have hung on, but the calls were horrible no one reffing at this level should have let them go and even worse they got to replay one and you can clearly see the spin altered on the shot it was not an air ball.

southeasthog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 09:06:45 am
The air ball was an air ball. The no call was borderline. The refs didnt call it. I wish they had. But it wasn't that egregious. A somewhat poor call that wouldn't have mattered except for the tip in.
It was an air ball because the Carolina player got his fingers on it. If you won't acknowledge that then you are just arguing to be an ass.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Lanny on March 20, 2017, 08:46:32 am

All in all a SUPER year for a team that didn't have a pure point guard anywhere to be found.  We have a Kareem Reid on this team and we make the Final Four. Hyperbole I know, but I do believe it.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

XavierZane

Only one of those is as biased as our example, and if you look at the box scores the foul differential isn't nearly as lopsided for either.  In the Ole Miss game you reference, we got called for 15 fouls and they got called for 14.  In the TAMU game, it was 18 to 13.  The free throw differential, the foul differential, the missed calls, the reversed calls, and the double-standard in calling all together is what people are upset about. 

Besides, it is a complete falsehood that we don't criticize refs in games where we win.  The refs may have been bad in those games as well... it wouldn't surprise me... no way were they worse than our game yesterday, though.  But the refs being terrible more often isn't a good defense of their quality of officiating! 

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on March 20, 2017, 11:22:45 am

I am sorry but i do not see how anyone with eyes watching the final 5 minutes of that game can feel any other way than the refs jobbed the Hogs.

UNC only scored 1 legit basket during that entire time.  Did the hogs score? nope they were busy getting abused by a team that had umpteen fouls to give even though they were fouling anyone that got in the paint.

Do i think the hogs win if called "normally" perhaps i honestly felt like it was going to go to OT, and then i am not sure we would have hung on, but the calls were horrible no one reffing at this level should have let them go and even worse they got to replay one and you can clearly see the spin altered on the shot it was not an air ball.

All I was responding to was the ft discrepancy. That number alone rarely tells the tale. I said they blew that call on the charge/walk/block gotta call something there play. But really does get old seeing our fans blame the refs every single time the Hogs lose. If the Hogs do not get down by 17, they probably do not lose. If they do not go the last 3:30 without scoring they maybe do not lose.

I can go back on this board and find threads blaming the refs for every loss this year, and probably for every loss as long as Hogville has been around.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BRHogfan

Arkansas wanted to put UNC on the line rather than giving up easy buckets to their big men.  Of course.  The free throw discrepancy isn't quite the narrative to apply to the feelings people will have about this game, but when you feel like two calls maybe a couple of others in the waning minutes went against the Hogs, then you can come back and look at those numbers and think "It would've been nice to get a few more calls".

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 11:47:24 am
All I was responding to was the ft discrepancy. That number alone rarely tells the tale. I said they blew that call on the charge/walk/block gotta call something there play. But really does get old seeing our fans blame the refs every single time the Hogs lose. If the Hogs do not get down by 17, they probably do not lose. If they do not go the last 3:30 without scoring they maybe do not lose.

I can go back on this board and find threads blaming the refs for every loss this year, and probably for every loss as long as Hogville has been around.
And I can go back and find you defending the POS's.  Birds of a feather.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

311Hog

See now this is just splitting hairs.  Do fans complain about the refs ? umm duh of course they do, but this is different.

In this example you have a juggernaut in UNC biggest favorite out of all the 2nd round games.  They get out to huge lead due to their overwhelming superiority in terms of size and skill.

Now the Hogs show something that we haven't really seen in the past 20 years or so, true heart and determination so much so they actually have a lead inside of 5 minutes to go in the game.  We are talking historic upset here and a win that would signal the return of Razorback basketball IMHO.

And with that one play you mention the missed charge/walk.  The entire game is ruined.  I dont care about the coach speak about "it wasn't that one play.." you are trying to down play what happened.  Not only was the charge missed (1 less foul UNC would have to give), they allowed UNC to score as well.  We are talking a what 4 point swing?  in the situation this occurred it was catastrophic and NOTHING could have been worse.  after the bad foul call on the steal, the no overturn on the air ball.  It was clear to everyone in the building that UNC was getting the "program" calls and UNC was formitable enough on their own the Hogs couldn't possible overcome shietty referring as well.

Kevin

the officials for duke & villanova must not have gotten the memo
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

lasthog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 08:11:02 am

Uh, please read my post again.  Never did I tell you to shut up. I don't own this site.

You must have been responding to someone else's post.

Now, I am guilty of implying that you are a pseudo intellectual and that you have the condescending tone of a grammar shool teacher in your post that I responded to.

But please, post away.

Youngsta71701

Sure, we played a part in the outcome. But the refs called everything perfectly? Did we get any close calls down the stretch as usual? A lot of things go on during the course of 40 minutes but it's when those things happen down the stretch that gets it the most attention. I guess we're the only team that fouls?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 20, 2017, 07:59:38 am
Yep, the officiating was terrible but not being able to score over 3 minutes was the difference
Both cost us the game. It's hard as hell to play 5 against 8. But you wouldn't know that unless you've gone through it before. Never mind then...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hoglady on March 20, 2017, 08:40:18 am
Yes - the fact North Carolina only had 3 fouls with 3 minutes left allowed them to play defense with abandoned without worrying about putting us on the line. (They didn't need to worry about it anyway because they weren't going to be call any.)
Dusty Hannahs and Jaylen Barford were getting mugged the whole game when they drove to the lane but not many foul calls were made. They would call a charge on us in a minute though. Hmmm, seems highly questionable to me. But what do I know. I've never played organized basketball before ;).

Folks, being honest I've seen this kind of stuff happening all the time growing up playing ball but some just refuse to admit. I'm starting to think they just want to stir the pot a little bit. Some of it is just so obvious even the casual fan can see it and recognize it.

gchamblee

Go read every game thread for every game this season. Even the games we won there are pages of posters (usually the same group if idiots) claiming the refs are cheating against us. It gets tiresome, and now that they have a valid complaint nobody is viewing their opinions as credible and it pisses them off lol.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 08:45:53 am
We got behind. Teams playing from behind try to reach and block. Not rocket science. We needed the ball back, tried to get it, and fouled.

Sometimes fans show utter cluelessness.
Didn't we have the lead by 5 should have been 7 with less than 3:00 minutes left to play?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 09:06:45 am
So the defenders fingers bent back for no reason? Hmmm, that's funny.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: southeasthog on March 20, 2017, 11:25:15 am
It was an air ball because the Carolina player got his fingers on it. If you won't acknowledge that then you are just arguing to be an ass.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

hawginbigd1

I didn't get to watch much at all, I watched most all of the first half, was really proud of the charge back into the game, I thought I was seeing okie st. Game all over again, but the difference was the defense really didn't quit except 3 or 4 bad trips down the floor.

My personal opinion as a player, coach, official, and a fan on some level my entire life, if you are focusing on officiating you are doing it wrong!  The PI call against us against SMU was huge but it by itself didn't cost us the win, we had at least a 100 other opportunities to win the game. Some of you millennials may not even know what I am referencing ;D

The walk/charge was bad but it doesn't matter if MK doesn't stand flat footed and watch it all take place and does what he is supposed to do and put a body on Meeks.
Then he goes down and rushes two free throws and misses.

We win the game if he executes as a 4th year leader should execute, sure talk about questionable/bad calls all you want, but you are scapegoating if you are blaming the officials IMO!

hogsanity

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 20, 2017, 03:08:27 pm
I didn't get to watch much at all, I watched most all of the first half, was really proud of the charge back into the game, I thought I was seeing okie st. Game all over again, but the difference was the defense really didn't quit except 3 or 4 bad trips down the floor.

My personal opinion as a player, coach, official, and a fan on some level my entire life, if you are focusing on officiating you are doing it wrong!  The PI call against us against SMU was huge but it by itself didn't cost us the win, we had at least a 100 other opportunities to win the game. Some of you millennials may not even know what I am referencing ;D

The walk/charge was bad but it doesn't matter if MK doesn't stand flat footed and watch it all take place and does what he is supposed to do and put a body on Meeks.
Then he goes down and rushes two free throws and misses.

We win the game if he executes as a 4th year leader should execute, sure talk about questionable/bad calls all you want, but you are scapegoating if you are blaming the officials IMO!

What makes the whole ref excuse ring hollow is that there are many here who use that excuse after EVERY loss. Get blown out at KY and at Okie St - you guessed it, we have multiple threads proclaiming how the Hogs got ripped off by the refs. Lose to a pathetic Mizzu, yep - refs. Lose at home to Vandy and MSU - amazingly we again got a crew that was out to get the Hogs.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Fantastic season after a roller coaster start. The only teams that beat us after the stupid vandy game were fla, uk, and unc. Those guys are still playing.
Even though we choked s bit (no help from horrible officials) we did learn and grow as a program.   Next step is getting the juco guards to stay,
If that happens we will unleash holy hell.

I'm already excited.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: southeasthog on March 20, 2017, 11:25:15 am

No fingers. The ball never changed direction 1 millimeter. The fingers were close, that is all.

King Kong

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 06:18:51 pm
No fingers. The ball never changed direction 1 millimeter. The fingers were close, that is all.

The rotation of the ball stopped and it did move to the right after it was deflected

jkstock04

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 06:18:51 pm
One of the replays (the last one they showed) clearly showed it getting partially blocked. 100%
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

gchamblee

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 20, 2017, 06:25:19 pm
One of the replays (the last one they showed) clearly showed it getting partially blocked. 100%

ya i didnt think it got blocked either, until someone posted that last replay in the other thread. that replay shows a tipped ball and it is undeniable. however, im not sure the refs had that zoomed in look like we did. either way, it was tipped for sure.

Woopig69

more ignorance. In the future please think before you post, or better yet please don't post at all. No one cares to read your horse darn.