Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am pissed. had to calm down before i posted.Pure BS

Started by forrest city joe, March 19, 2017, 07:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

I am so damn mad right now.these freaking refs gave UNC this game. our guys fought like hell and had a real chance to win this.and the refs gave it to UNC.even freaking Skip Bayless knows it.i just read his tweet on twitter.this was so blatant that it's not even funny.they got their blue blood in the sweet 16. i hope the hell they are happy. this is the kind of crap that will kill college basketball in the long run.i am sick of this BS every time we play a blue blood team.different year,same BS. congrats to our coaches and players for playing a great game.and for another outstanding season.they did not lose this game.the refs took it and gave it to UNC. GO HOGS.

maxhog5

Not executing their offense the final 5 minutes of the game cost the Razorbacks the game.

Killean

Quote from: maxhog5 on March 19, 2017, 07:59:09 pm
Not executing their offense the final 5 minutes of the game cost the Razorbacks the game.

Well, when you have players being body slammed any time they get within 4 feet of the three point lane with no calls being made, that tends to happen.

Dusty Hannahs was tackled more times than Rawleigh Williams tonight.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

The Boar War

There's no doubt that we couldn't answer offensively in the last minutes of the game.  But do you truly believe the call would have been the same if Barford ran into Meeks with an extended forearm?

JONAS

synthartist69

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 19, 2017, 07:57:34 pm
I am so damn mad right now.these freaking refs gave UNC this game. our guys fought like hell and had a real chance to win this.and the refs gave it to UNC.even freaking Skip Bayless knows it.i just read his tweet on twitter.this was so blatant that it's not even funny.they got their blue blood in the sweet 16. i hope the hell they are happy. this is the kind of crap that will kill college basketball in the long run.i am sick of this BS every time we play a blue blood team.different year,same BS. congrats to our coaches and players for playing a great game.and for another outstanding season.they did not lose this game.the refs took it and gave it to UNC. GO HOGS.
AMEN brother!

Hawg Red

Joe, I can't stand you.....but the Hogs should be playing in Memphis next weekend for a chance to go to the Final Four. The powers that be did not want us in Memphis with thousands of Razorback fans there. We'd have gone to the damn Final Four and they wouldn't allow it. We win that game by 5 if it's called fair. We played harder than UNC and our guys tested the limits of their bodies only to have 3 turds in white and black stripes take it away from us. It's disgusting.

Letsroll1200

Macon and Dusty should have taken that 3 ball and not beard. No knock against Beard but you have to have court awareness. However the blown calls by the refs didn't help and Moses missing 2 free throws down 3.

Hamstein

This one hurts like they did back in the day, and that's a good thing. It's fixing to get  fun again on the hill.

alohawg

Quote from: The Boar War on March 19, 2017, 08:03:07 pm
There's no doubt that we couldn't answer offensively in the last minutes of the game.  But do you truly believe the call would have been the same if Barford ran into Meeks with an extended forearm?

No way, they would get that call every time......which makes my head hurt even more.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

alohawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 19, 2017, 08:06:52 pm
Macon and Dusty should have taken that 3 ball and not beard. No knock against Beard but you have to have court awareness. However the blown calls by the refs didn't help and Moses missing 2 free throws down 3.

Yep, Macon was circling around and the shot was launched before he even get around. I would rather lose on a miss by Macon there.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hobhog

Bad calls down the stretch no doubt, but better team won.

Great effort and nothing to do now but build on next year. Need a couple of bigs to step up and maybe another guard, but should have some momentum....

DoubleReedHawgCaller

We play better and make a few less turnovers the first 10 minutes of the game and the refs wouldn't have mattered. Can't be disappointed in the effort these guys showed tonight. No way they don't respect us after that.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

forrest city joe

Bull crap! the refs calls beat Arkansas. take your BS and stuff it. i am in no mood for your crap today.

LRRandy

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 19, 2017, 08:05:18 pm
Joe, I can't stand you.....but the Hogs should be playing in Memphis next weekend for a chance to go to the Final Four. The powers that be did not want us in Memphis with thousands of Razorback fans there. We'd have gone to the damn Final Four and they wouldn't allow it. We win that game by 5 if it's called fair. We played harder than UNC and our guys tested the limits of their bodies only to have 3 turds in white and black stripes take it away from us. It's disgusting.
lol. I needed a laugh.
This is fun, isn't it.

XavierZane

Forever hate the refs!  Forever love the hogs!   :razorback: :razorback:

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: The Boar War on March 19, 2017, 08:03:07 pm
They called him for that earlier in the game.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hoggish1

Mr. Porkleone

Listen people. REFS GAVE UNC THE GAME. Stop the bull crap "we didn't execute". We had 20 or so fouls called and UNC had 8 or so.  The last 5 minutes were a complete collapse by the refs.  This team was coming on and I'm proud of them. 

Hogs run wild

we have to make plays. period. can't count on the refs to make calls, can't count on the opponent to screw up, can't count on a die hard fan to pull the fire alarm @ NC's hotel room while they are sound asleep. got to make plays. do i think the refs blew some calls? yes of course, but you have to make plays to over come this type of thing. WPS!
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

goodguytex

That definitely should've been a charge. If it had, no way to tell if the Hogs would've been able to capitalize on it and score, because the defense in the last few minutes from UNC was still so stifling we just couldn't get anything in the paint. But I'm very proud of this team. I think big things can happen next season. These kids showed big heart today.

rude1

I have been one to not blame the officials for most of the season. But I have to agree with you on this one Joe. Hitting the shooters hand on a 3 point shot is a FOUL, not only was that bad enough, they go to the monitor and you can clearly see the NC player touched the ball and they give it to them anyway. We come down defensively, Bailey gets position for the charge, the refs swallow whistle once again NC gets tip in. Totals for the game 20 fouls called on the Hogs, 10 on North Carolina, but yeah we are making this all up. You said it best earlier in the season too Joe, CMA has to start fighting for his kids and team and start working the officials.  I wonder does he even mention it in the press conference?

jkstock04

I felt like up until the end of the game the refs had called a good game. Perhaps even a little bit in favor of the Hogs...they were really letting us get after them on defense.

The no call on the charge and the missed call on the tipped ball sucked for sure but I don't think that was the end all be all on the game.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rude1

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 08:38:34 pm
That's ridiculous and shameful homerism.

1. Points allowed off turnovers?
2. Points scored at all (under three minutes)?

Officials hadn't a darn thing to do with either.

We own this, internally.
You didn't watch the game obviously..............

Hog Fan...DOH!

Going forward:  gotta build that fire.  Us against the World.  Us against the SEC.  Us against the Refs.  Us against the fanbase.  Build that chip... that grudge. 

Whatever it takes.  Build that fire, add a grudge, and bring in some real talent.  It's coming.  I felt the heat tonight.  Get your season tickets now.

hawgXi

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 08:05:50 pm
We just found it really difficult to breathe down the stretch: the mark of a team that hasn't been there, before.

I find very little to be upset about and merely acknowledge reality.

Exactly the opposite was true.

In fact hogs got into carolina's legs, heads, & lungs in the second half..

Between the whistles on bad calls and the tv time outs it prolly took 20-30 minutes to finish out the final 3:00 in regulation with the hogs sitting on a 5 point lead 65-60 againt a tired tar heel team.

Those tv time outs & replays was like putting carolina on a respirator.

Plus talking bout real home cookin, roy prolly had the heaters in greenville NC turned up to 90 causing our guards to cramp up. Old trick but it works if homies are loaded with plenty of potassium

Hog Fan...DOH!

We own this, internally.

I think it's fair to say that the referees failed to call an even game.  And I think it's also fair to say that the referees impacted the flow and momentum. 

Why did Barford dribble for 20 seconds?? That's on him, sure.  But it's ok to see a final foul total of 26-8... to see those no-calls at the end of the game... and then to conclude that yes, officiating absolutely had an impact.

la20688

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 19, 2017, 08:06:52 pm
I have no problem with Beard taking the shot there. It was a good look and he shot well tonight.

WorfHog

JOE THEY'VE ALREADY KILLED IT!

Look at these crowds it's a sea of blue in every arena. THE NCAA WILL PROTECT THE ANOINTED ONES UNTIL THEY ARE AN IRRELEVANT JOKE.

#DismantletheNCAA

Hogginintheville

Mike had no offense plays to call down the stretch. That's what cost him the game.

Cinco de Hogo

I complained as much as anyone tonight about the refs but we
do need to play 40 mins if we are gonna call it the 40 fastest or whatever.

If the talent was closer like it was in the nineties maybe you get away with that against a talented team like UNC but today we don't have equal talent.

Our team played with great heart but in the end it's a 40 minute game and we didn't play 40 minutes. 

Now!!! If I could just find a drunk ref in a dark alley!

goodguytex

We own this, internally.
Why do you post on a Hog message board? I mean, seriously... All you do is put down the Hogs or about anyone that supports them. Why not support a program you can actually get behind? Arkansas just isn't it.

factchecker

Quote from: goodguytex on March 19, 2017, 08:55:16 pm
Why do you post on a Hog message board? I mean, seriously... All you do is put down the Hogs or about anyone that supports them. Why not support a program you can actually get behind? Arkansas just isn't it.

He also shitts on former Razorbacks.  Hates Ryan Mallet and said Hunter Henry was going to suck in the NFL.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Letsroll1200

Quote from: la20688 on March 19, 2017, 08:48:01 pm
I have no problem with Beard taking the shot there. It was a good look and he shot well tonight.

Yes he played well tonight but in the moment I want Macon or Dusty.

goodguytex

Quote from: factchecker on March 19, 2017, 08:56:29 pm
He also shitts on former Razorbacks.  Hates Ryan Mallet and said Hunter Henry was going to suck in the NFL.
Oh yeah, believe me, I know. That's about all he has done going back over 10+ years of me reading his posts on three different hog message boards. He craps on the Hogs every chance he gets.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hogginintheville on March 19, 2017, 08:54:11 pm
Mike had no offense plays to call down the stretch. That's what cost him the game.

I'm Mike Anderson biggest fan but we needed one good set. However Carolina had a lot to do with that.

LRHog

Quote from: Hogs run wild on March 19, 2017, 08:37:14 pm
we have to make plays. period. can't count on the refs to make calls, can't count on the opponent to screw up, can't count on a die hard fan to pull the fire alarm @ NC's hotel room while they are sound asleep. got to make plays. do i think the refs blew some calls? yes of course, but you have to make plays to over come this type of thing. WPS!

See... Im sorry. But thats BS. They're SUPPOSED to be a 3rd party that could care less who wins. Instead the NCAA is running college athletics like a corporation... North Carolina = More money = More wins = More calls going their way.

Theres no chance in hell after they reviewed the tipped shot that CLEARLY was our ball with 2 seconds on the shot clock and they give it to NC that this darn isnt rigged.

FCJ is right. Love coach anderson and the team... But until we're talented enough to overcome bull calls AND a #1 seed... we aint winning darn.

rupert

Sure seems like the bad calls at the end never go in favor of the underdogs when they play UNC, DUKE, UK etc...

Clearly a charge at the end---one of the worst no calls I have ever seen-----if not a charge doesn't it have to be a block over a collision like that????

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Yep i don't ever like to blame the refs but this game was pathetic by the officials.  It's a damn shame that refs Can determine the outcome of a game like this one.  Screw them.

Atlhogfan1

I am pissed SC got a 7 seed and is playing in state and they were helped even more by Carolina fans being put in the same building to root against Duke.  Make up for leaving them out last year. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WorfHog

hogpc

We can complain about the refs all we want, but the truth is we lost that game because we couldn't score in the last 3 1/2 minutes.  Yeah, there may have been a couple bad/missed calls.  But more important than those was our inability to score - Kingsley missing 2 free throws, Beard taking a 3 at the end instead of Macon, UNC's tough defense.

The Kig

Standard Hogville thread.  We lose, it's the refs fault, not ours.  Claiming anything otherwise gets a "you didn't watch the game" or "you're not a Hog fan" beatdown. 

We had a 5 point lead and didn't score a single point in the final 3 minutes of that game.  Period.  Did the refs take free throws away?  No, we missed them.  Did the ref take points off the board?  No, we looked lost and weren't running any plays at all.  Maybe the refs told Mike Anderson not to call any plays? 

The same thing that put us in a 17 point hole in the first half cost us this game.  Not making plays, not being in position, and not making shots.  None of that is on the refs.   
Poker Porker

WorfHog

Quote from: hogpc on March 19, 2017, 09:44:23 pm
We can complain about the refs all we want, but the truth is we lost that game because we couldn't score in the last 3 1/2 minutes.  Yeah, there may have been a couple bad/missed calls.  But more important than those was our inability to score - Kingsley missing 2 free throws, Beard taking a 3 at the end instead of Macon, UNC's tough defense.

Hard to score when you're getting mugged and the refs have lost their whistles.

The_Iceman

UNC played great defense. Wouldn't let us set up what we wanted. Give them credit.

Iwastherein1969

the tell on that last play was the reaction of their best player (Joel Berry) when he took steps and then plowed over Cook...the GREAT JOEL BERRY panicked and just side armed a quick shot at the backboard...Berry was smart enough to realize that the sooner he got rid of the ball the less likely he was going to get called for one of the three violations he committed....we were unlucky as Moses was watching Berry waiting for a call and didn't block out Meeks who got the tip in....Moses had to be thinking, "okay, I just saw at least two obvious violations, we're about to get the ball back"...instead a 'no call' with UNC leading by one beat us...its just that simple...the game was ours and think if we had won, we play in Memphis against a very beatable Butler and then a third shot at UK to see who goes to the Final Four....one absolutely horrendous non-call likely cost a shot at the Final Four
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DoctorSusscrofa

More whiny fans blaming it on the refs when we lost the game by: 1) not scoring for 3+ minutes; 2) missing 2 free throws that could have kept us in the game an extra trip down the court; and 3) taking a monster 3 point shot too quickly near the end.  The no call was questionable but it wasn't that blatant.  Not at all.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

The Kig

It's disgraceful to the effort that those kids put in tonight for grown men to be whining and blaming the refs.  Man up.  Own the fact that our guys gave everything they had (even cramping up) and almost beat the #1 seed.  Proud of their effort.  Effin whiners.
Poker Porker

LRrazorback

Unc 19-25 ft
AR 5-8 ft

Pretty big difference and hard to justify