Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To our Players and Coaches, Thank You

Started by WilsonHog, March 19, 2017, 07:48:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

This team kept me engaged and entertained for almost four months. Many more good memories than bad ones from them. I appreciate the job Mike Anderson did. I appreciate the way Jaylen and Darryl bought into what we were doing. I certainly appreciate the work of our seniors; Dusty, Moses, and Manny gave us all they had, and represented our program and university well.

As for Mike, he will be here a long while, until he chooses not to be. As it should be; our program is in good hands with Mike.

(As an aside, I've stayed away from Hogville for a month, and discovered I was a happier Razorback fan for it. Something I need to continue.)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 19, 2017, 07:48:28 pm
This team kept me engaged and entertained for almost four months. Many more good memories than bad ones from them. I appreciate the job Mike Anderson did. I appreciate the way Jaylen and Darryl bought into what we were doing. I certainly appreciate the work of our seniors; Dusty, Moses, and Manny gave us all they had, and represented our program and university well.

As for Mike, he will be here a long while, until he chooses not to be. As it should be; our program is in good hands with Mike.

(As an aside, I've stayed away from Hogville for a month, and discovered I was a happier Razorback fan for it. Something I need to continue.)

Ditto on the team and coaches. Ditto on not hanging out in HV very much is good for the soul.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

jjdlc

Absolutely.  Has me believing we might actually be back sooner rather than later.

Breems

Hear, hear!

Thank you for extending our basketball season into March and giving us something to believe in. I've never been more confident in this program. These guys didn't get as far as they wanted, but as Macon said in the pre-season, they are putting Arkansas back on the map.

Basketball is a thing again in Arkansas!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

RaisinHog

HawgnCorona

Thanks Kingsley, Dusty, Manny....u played your butts off.  For that I appreciate you much and you all have much to be proud of. May the Universe blesses u all and provides you with all the good it has to offer. Thank u for being Razorbacks. U will be missed...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

southarkhog06

ShadowHawg

Hog basketball has become fun for me again. Thanks to this team.

sickboy

They've brought Arkansas basketball back. I have friends texting me from all over the country about the game. That hasn't happened in years. Program is headed in the right direction. Just a few minutes away from being a Sweet 16, number one seed beating team. I'll take that.

HawgWild

Good season overall. Looking forward to next year. WPS

synthartist69

Thank you Mike Anderson and everyone on the team. You played with heart and passion and had to overcome refs all season. I love what you have done for our basketball program!

Martygit

I didn't think I'd say this at the start of the season but: "What he said"
RIP OTR, REV

HamIAm

Yes, great never say die attitude. Proud of the whole team. After we lost our first 2 conference games at home I thought the season was in the dumpster. This weekend you proved you are top 20 quality.  To the Srs, you'll always be Hogs!

hobhog

Agreed. We looked scared to death and totally outmatched - That comeback from 17 down was a thing of beauty. Great job on all accounts.

lc480

when is the NCAA going to do something about the cheating  NC was caught in?????

riccoar

Thought we played awesome against the #1 team in the nation. Had not expected us to be in it that late. Team was definitely rolling the last 1/3 of the season. Turned out great and I can't wait to beootch slap Kenpunky next year in BWA.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

HamSammich

This place is toxic unless you realize it and keep thick skin.

Danny J

alohawg

I was tough on them in the 1st half today, but they came back stronger than I thought they had in them to do. Congrats on all they accomplished and an effort today worthy of the respect and admiration of all hog fans. Go hogs!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

j-mann

the kids and coaches  did a great job  today   

the 2 awful calls   plus macon  going down then  comes back at 50% hurt  no shame  in loseing to a top 5 team like this   

hopefully  we can get some G Depth  and  be back in next year     
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

j-mann

we were 3 min from the Etile 8   we wouild had beat Butler in Memphis  and with Coach Cal  in Memphis  he wouild had lost to UCLA or US   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

azhog10

Hell of a season. I thoughtif we could get it to two possessions with a minute to go we would have won it. Kingsley missed three free throws late and Macon cramping up hurt us. Hannah's played hard but was getting hacked all night and couldn't handle the ball. I thought the Bailey steal and the no charge call were huge. Both amounted to points for them and no points for us. Those two go the way they should have and we would have been up three with the ball under a minute to go. We get kinglseys free throws and we are up 6.

HardingHog

Great year for the players and coaches. Though it didn't end the way I wanted, I loved the fight and heart by our guys. I hope this year is a spring board for next season and we come back stronger and ready to make a little deeper postseason run. Thank you to Moses, Dusty, and Manny for all their contributions to the program. They definitely left it in a better place. Now I'm optimistic looking to the future with many high caliber recruits and a few high caliber players returning and I am excited to see what the future holds! WPS!  :razorback:

Tick Hog

Just finished watching, had to record it, while I'm heartbroken I'm damn proud of our players coaches ect. These kids fought their guts out and represented the U of A well.

razorbackred1

Agree ..... kids played their butts off, that's all you can ask ..... proud to be a Hog tonight!

factchecker

It broke their hearts worse than ours.  Do whatever you can to show them support and love.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChitownHawg

Quote from: factchecker on March 19, 2017, 11:09:54 pm
It broke their hearts worse than ours.  Do whatever you can to show them support and love.

Great photo showing they left everything on the court.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

SamBuckhart

Thanks HOGS. Great to see your success this season. My grand daughter asked me when we play again. Haha. She had fun watching. Proud of you young men. WOOO PIG!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

lunchbox72703

Thank You Razorbacks!!!  This season was great......and this is how I feel.....

Little Lady Back

This pretty well sums it up!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

hoglady

Thanks to Dusty, Moses and Manny - what a great season.

If you didn't get excited about the future of Hog basketball during the 1st half comeback I don't know what to say. We got a glimpse of the potential of next year's team.
Heck - I'm ready for basketball season to start again.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Little Lady Back

Quote from: hoglady on March 20, 2017, 08:56:08 am

If you didn't get excited about the future of Hog basketball during the 1st half comeback I don't know what to say. We got a glimpse of the potential of next year's team.

Well said, Hoglady! I am also ready for the new season to start.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

PonderinHog

Quote from: hoglady on March 20, 2017, 08:56:08 am

This team's heart reminds me so much of the '92-'93 team that pushed UNC, of all teams, to the limit.  They gave those darned bluebloods all they wanted and then some.  We all know what happened the next year.   We may not reach the pinnacle next season, but the foundation for sustained success was laid by Dusty, Moses and Manny and for that, I am grateful.  It's been a hell of a ride!  Hate to see it end.

Quote from: Breems on March 19, 2017, 07:54:34 pm
Hear, hear!

Thank you for extending our basketball season into March and giving us something to believe in. I've never been more confident in this program. These guys didn't get as far as they wanted, but as Macon said in the pre-season, they are putting Arkansas back on the map.

Basketball is a thing again in Arkansas!
And one more thing, Breems!

Hawgball is back!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Youngsta71701

A little comic relief. Is it me or does Dustin Thomas look like Bruno Mars and does Lonzo Ball look like Drake? ;D
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

gchamblee

Can you elaborate on what about hogville removes happiness from you as a fan? Is it something that can be fixed that would improve the experience for other fans?

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hollywood_HOGan45

Arkansas basketball is in the best position it's been in in quite some time. It's been a pretty dark 15-20 years but I think we are finally awakening the sleeping giant.

Basketball is finally fun again.

It was a wild ride, but in the good a solid season.

As for your aside, I generally find seasons more enjoyable when I don't follow Hogville. Which doesn't explain why I'm always on here.

Sportster365

I still question Mikes decision making.

No other 5 players should have accumulated more minutes on the floor in this Tournament together than
Kingsley
Thompson
Barford
Hannahs
Macon

Trey brings boards, defense and a passing ability you can run an offense through. I saw this 5 play very well together and with a lot of confidence in each other.

When you're getting demolished on the glass like we were against Seton Hall common sense should tell you to get your best two rebounders in the game before their second chance points sends us first round packing. I mean what are you saving him for?? If Thomas is good enough to make the starting line up then he should be good enough to be the first off the bench to give one of the two bigs a breather.

factchecker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 20, 2017, 01:02:49 pm
A little comic relief. Is it me or does Dustin Thomas look like Bruno Mars and does Lonzo Ball look like Drake? ;D

I can see it.  Funny enough Dustin is a legit giant compared to Bruno.

Bruno is somewhere around 5'5"

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Quote from: factchecker on March 20, 2017, 04:41:02 pm
I can see it.  Funny enough Dustin is a legit giant compared to Bruno.

Bruno is somewhere around 5'5"

I would take T. Swizzle at our 4 spot.

nchogg

Good job team. Go Hogs! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

DoubleReedHawgCaller

There were highs and lows this year but in the end they were one heartbeat like Mike and us Arkansas fans wanted. Thanks for the memories guys!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Birminghog

Well played, Wilson. I wish you could bring the same sanity to JB (& MMQ) that you have established in EI.