Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need another Corliss

Started by ottopit, March 19, 2017, 07:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ottopit

Some muscled up mofo we can get the ball to down low that's a scorer and gets rebounds off the offense glass in crunch time

Vandyhog4

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on Yesterday at 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

jesterzzn

Quote from: ottopit on March 19, 2017, 07:45:59 pm
Some muscled up mofo we can get the ball to down low that's a scorer and gets rebounds off the offense glass in crunch time

Seriously.  Why can't we have the best player in the nation every year?!?!?

40MINSOFHELL

When you find him, let us know.

ottopit

Hey lightning can strike twice

Hogimus Prime

Need a 4 thats a threat to score and spread the floor.  Stewart, Hawkins, Robinson were capable of pulling their man away from the basket to free up Big Nasty

ottopit

What bunch of cynical retards

WorfHog

Yep we need a lock down center like we need a lock down corner.

Hatleyville454

Knot2brite

Bingo..need a guy that doesn't shoot outside of 15 foot from the basket and has the muscle ( not fat) to be able to move folks around as much as the officials will allow
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ottopit

We already got Trey Thompson who is big O lite.

East TN HAWG

Sow Lancelot

Who doesn't?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

ottopit

Corkscrew Johnson

Accurate post.  Don't let the cynics above discourage you.  We need a beast down low.  Go get one MA.

Don't forget when we won the NC, we had Corliss, Dwight Stewart, Lee Wilson, and Darnell Robinson.  That was some serious height and girth.

ottopit

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on March 19, 2017, 10:09:28 pm
Accurate post.  Don't let the cynics above discourage you.  We need a beast down low.  Go get one MA.

Don't forget when we won the NC, we had Corliss, Dwight Stewart, Lee Wilson, and Darnell Robinson.  That was some serious height and girth.

That's why I brought it up, I was on campus during that time and I felt we just got away from that. Hope Mike can get us back to that

mbgrulz

Smithian

Moses Kingsley was more than adequate as a 5. I guess compared to Bobby Portis he seemed lacking.

I'm not going to sit here and hope a two time All American walks through the door tomorrow. I hope we have a young guy develop how Kingsley did.

ShadowHawg

If Corliss hadn't been from Arkansas we wouldn't have got him.

Cinco de Hogo

ShadowHawg

HogFoo

Heck, i'd settle for a darian townes.  He was a pretty decent big scoring wise.  What'd he average 15pts a game?  Or id even settle for the guy, whats his name, Delvon Johnson who came out of no where really for that one year.   We definitely  missed having another big with the abilities of Moses.  That's where UNC killed us.  They had multiple bigs ready to rebound and putback.  All we really had was Moses.   Thompson is getting better though.     Maybe Gafford can step in scoring wise.  i dont think we'll have anyone with moses capability to block for a while. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

moses_007

Yes, we need a Corliss, a Scotty Thurman and TWO Corey Beck's.

logic

I wish we had another Oliver Miller or Corliss and a point guard like Lee Mayberry.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: ottopit on March 19, 2017, 09:58:05 pm
Uh.. Teams that already have one?
So, two aren't better than one?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 10:18:26 pm
Tonight, a big an that could hit two free throws down the stretch would have been quite valuable...
Hate to say but when Moses missed those two free throws I knew we were done. And I love Moses. He missed a lot of shots down low that he killed Seton Hall with. Wasn't his best game offensively. Missed a lot of easy shots down low.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HogFoo on March 19, 2017, 10:47:37 pm
Heck, i'd settle for a darian townes.  He was a pretty decent big scoring wise.  What'd he average 15pts a game?  Or id even settle for the guy, whats his name, Delvon Johnson who came out of no where really for that one year.   We definitely  missed having another big with the abilities of Moses.  That's where UNC killed us.  They had multiple bigs ready to rebound and putback.  All we really had was Moses.   Thompson is getting better though.     Maybe Gafford can step in scoring wise.  i dont think we'll have anyone with moses capability to block for a while.
The thing is if we do get to legitimate big men will Mike start or play them both at the same time? He started coming around a little bit this year with Kingsley and Thompson but it still seemed like he just wasn't willing to let go all the way. He was still waffling with his small 4 system.

Against a team like North Carolina and Seton Hall you need two bangers. Against a team like Vandy a small athletic 4 will do just fine. You have to be able to be versatile and adjust to your opponent.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

LRHawg

Gafford is going to be good, I just don't know how ready he will be next year.

The_Iceman

The guy from Tennessee, Grant Williams, would have been a good fit.

You also have be to consider what your natural recruiting base gives you. Gafford (6'11" 220lbs) and Reggie Perry (6'9" 225lbs) may not be the size of Corliss or play like him, but they are very good players. Same goes for Bailey and Ethan Henderson.