Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Even Skip Bayless says ref stunk.

Started by bkjbearcat, March 19, 2017, 07:44:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

LZH

40MINSOFHELL

South Carolina about to get hosed as well

sickboy

It's systemic. If you watch all these games -- the refs blow really obvious calls and control the flow of the game way too much.

Rawker

Vegas stepped in today.  The flurry of absolute horses*** from the foul call on Bailey's steal all the way to the end was the most ass-faced crap I've ever seen.

HamIAm

JHGiunta

Quote from: Rawker on March 19, 2017, 07:48:11 pm
Vegas stepped in today.  The flurry of absolute horses*** from the foul call on Bailey's steal all the way to the end was the most ass-faced crap I've ever seen.

And they wonder why conspiracy theories start! It's because everyone in America watching the game, including the commentators, saw that ball go off UNC. Yet it still goes to them. Nevermind Macon was fouled. And then how do u swallow a whistle when a guy rams into someone and knocks him down while taking 4 steps? At least call it something. And that was just our game. Poor St. Mary's and Northestern.

I digress! I do believe we should have handled UNC's extended pressure better the last 3:30 though. But geeze, 20 fouls to 10. I'll give us five more fouls simply because in the beginning we slapped from behind. After that. Uhggg

hawgdavis

hawgdavis

SC getting the same treatment early and often as well.

hogsanity

The same skip bayless that many here have called a hack, know nothing, network shill? That Skip Bayless is now suddenly rock solid 100% accurate?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgdavis

Quote from: hogsanity on March 19, 2017, 08:31:38 pm
The same skip bayless that many here have called a hack, know nothing, network shill? That Skip Bayless is now suddenly rock solid 100% accurate?

Yep, he is calling it like it was.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 19, 2017, 08:33:30 pm
Yep, he is calling it like it was.

So if he points out getting down by 17 & not scoring in the last 3:30 will he still be calling it like it was?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BallHog1

All refs are great.
There,better?

WorfHog

Obvious to everyone but the guys making the calls.  :puke:

#DismantletheNCAA

Birminghog

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

hogginbama

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 19, 2017, 08:28:55 pm
SC getting the same treatment early and often as well.

I liked that foul they called at end of half for Duke. Allen had arm extended into cheat of SC defender and they called SC for reaching in.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

HoopS

you never shut up do you?

hogginbama

Quote from: hogz11 on March 19, 2017, 08:53:47 pm
Hogs shoot 8 free throws all game. UNC shoots 25.

Hogs are called for 20 fouls. UNC for 10.

Does anyone care to argue that stat? UNC was called for four fouls the entire 2nd half. I don't get how anyone can say that's not clear favoritism.

They will just tell you that it is because other teams drive to the basket with the intention of being fouled. Yet when we drive to the basket we have the intent of scoring so it is different.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Woopig69

Quote from: hogsanity on March 19, 2017, 08:38:10 pm
So if he points out getting down by 17 & not scoring in the last 3:30 will he still be calling it like it was?
your act is tiring. Please refrain from posting.

BallHog1

Quote from: HoopS on March 19, 2017, 08:57:35 pm
you never shut up do you?

Haven't you heard? Refs are our greatest resource in this country, we should elect a ref president next chance we get.
They are the epitome of integrity and strength.
I wish I could be a ref

HOGINTENNESSEE

Just as an FYI you look like a moron right now

onebadrubi

Quote from: Rawker on March 19, 2017, 07:48:11 pm

This is not a good example of Vegas.  Vegas would have LOVED! the hogs to win outright.  Many people had or have UNC in parlays on the money line.  They would have cleaned house with a UNC loss. Money line for hogs wasn't a widely offered line either. 

tophawg19

It will if he points out why we went 3.30 minutes being mugged to keep us from scoring . But then he would have to point out the free throw difference too which doesn't fit your agenda
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jfred59

When most of the nation agrees with him yeah he is.  NCAA needs to clean house of all the officials and get some that can do the job

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

If the refs were not sure of the charge/block, at least call a travel!

Berry did charge, but Bailey was barely set, so I can see the refs swallowing the whistle on that, but since when is tucking the ball under your arm like Marshawn Lynch and not bothering to dribble not a travel???

If Lynch had run over a defender that decisively in Super Bowl 49, that infamous INT would have never happened!

I have watched the replay of that play many times, including in slow motion, and it looked as if most of the players on both sides stopped momentarily after Berry's steamroller job, waiting for a whistle that never came...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Rbill

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on March 19, 2017, 09:23:44 pm
If the refs were not sure of the charge/block, at least call a travel!

I have watched the replay of that play many times, including in slow motion, and it looked as if most of the players on both sides stopped momentarily after Berry's steamroller job, waiting for a whistle that never came...
That's true Moses seemed to be just chilling instead of defending under the basket because he probably thought the play was dead. That was just unbelievable. What a swing.

rtr

You must be the unhappiest person on earth. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Tejano Jawg

I used to call Skip occasionally, when he was here in Dallas as a radio host. Generally, I thought he was anti-Hog, which was pointless since we were so good back then. Once, however, he liked the Hogs chances in the NCAA Tourney more than I did...I think that's why I called him that time. Just to ask him "huuuuh??"

Just because Skip is FOS most of the time, that doesn't mean he can't see the truth. At least you gotta give him credit for not being a typical front-running Duke/NC/Kansas lover.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hogsanity

Quote from: rtr on March 19, 2017, 09:44:46 pm
You must be the unhappiest person on earth. 

I'm very happy, my Self worth isnt tide up in who wins or loses games. If people had really read my other posts tonight I said they blew that call. At least should have been a travel.

But I've been to l here for 3 weeks you cant look at foul counts or ft #'s. Of course that was when the hogs had fewer fouls than their opponent and shot more fts. 

hoglady

Yes - our offense was pretty bad the last 3 minutes.
Maybe if the refs just made the obvious calls it would have been enough to hang on.
We'll never know.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rude1

Quote from: hoglady on March 19, 2017, 11:53:20 pm
Yes - our offense was pretty bad the last 3 minutes.
Maybe if the refs just made the obvious calls it would have been enough to hang on.
We'll never know.

Theirs wasn't much better, they just shot free throws down the stretch. They made ONE field goal in that same span out of their offense. They got the lead from the free throw line................

forrest city joe

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on March 19, 2017, 11:55:56 pm
Theirs wasn't much better, they just shot free throws down the stretch. They made ONE field goal in that same span out of their offense. They got the lead from the free throw line................
Bingo. nether team was scoring.but they gave UNC FT's.and gave Arkansas nothing.this was a flat out disgrace.

hawgmasta

Quote from: Rbill on March 19, 2017, 09:32:17 pm
That's true Moses seemed to be just chilling instead of defending under the basket because he probably thought the play was dead. That was just unbelievable. What a swing.

That's exactly what happened, you can tell most of them think the whistle is gonna be blown at least for the travel.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on March 19, 2017, 07:46:01 pm
Closet Razorback fan...

He's closet alright but not because he's a Hog fan..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 19, 2017, 11:35:11 pm
I used to call Skip occasionally, when he was here in Dallas as a radio host. Generally, I thought he was anti-Hog, which was pointless since we were so good back then. Once, however, he liked the Hogs chances in the NCAA Tourney more than I did...I think that's why I called him that time. Just to ask him "huuuuh??"

Just because Skip is FOS most of the time, that doesn't mean he can't see the truth. At least you gotta give him credit for not being a typical front-running Duke/NC/Kansas lover.

I just find it funny how a person is a horrible reporter or media member until they say something pro hog, suddenly they are a bastion of truth.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Jackrabbit Hog

You mean Skip can still move his facial muscles to talk after all that work?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pork Twain

So are you saying that you disagree with him on this?  Not sure your angle here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

dbthegreat

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 19, 2017, 09:06:00 pm
This is not a good example of Vegas.  Vegas would have LOVED! the hogs to win outright.  Many people had or have UNC in parlays on the money line.  They would have cleaned house with a UNC loss. Money line for hogs wasn't a widely offered line either.
Arkansas was getting 10.5 to 12 points. So they did win according to vegas
Hog Fever

gmarv

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 03:22:33 am
I just find it funny how a person is a horrible reporter or media member until they say something pro hog, suddenly they are a bastion of truth.
Maybe it is more like even this a&# can see what just happened.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 20, 2017, 05:17:46 am
So are you saying that you disagree with him on this?  Not sure your angle here.
his angle is aggressive troll. He just wants to piss people off and provoke reactions. Ignore and carry on
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BallHog1

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 03:22:33 am
I find it funny that someone would continue to defend piss poor reffing.
#designatedrefapologist

c-townfan

Quote from: rude1 on March 19, 2017, 11:55:56 pm

They made more than one field goal in the final 3 mins.

onebadrubi

Quote from: dbthegreat on March 20, 2017, 06:04:00 am
Arkansas was getting 10.5 to 12 points. So they did win according to vegas

To win outright means money line.  Meaning everyone who parlayed UNC ridiculous ML would have closed the parlays and been losers. 

DeltaBoy

Skip pretty careful about who he calls out and he pulled no punches with that Zebra crew.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 20, 2017, 05:17:46 am

Not at all. I said in a couple other threads the crew blew that call. Even if the baseline refs does not call charge or block, that either of the other 2 should have called the travel.

I just always find it humorous when some media guy that gets hacked to death here regularly is suddenly someone to listen to just because he says something in favor of the Hogs.  Happens all the time. Collin Cowherd is another, he gets ripped her quite often as being noting but a schill for this network or that league. HE is just a guy relying on shock value, etc. But let him say anything pro hog, and suddenly he is award worthy.

Youngsta71701

Yep, that happened also. Just like the blown calls happened. If we could see it on TV no reason they couldn't see it on replay. HD replay at that.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Woopig69 on March 19, 2017, 09:02:58 pm
your act is tiring. Please refrain from posting.
You didn't know? If it's for Arkansas basketball or if it's about the bias officials he's against it.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"