Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hawgball Is Back!!!

Started by hogwood, March 19, 2017, 07:31:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 20, 2017, 10:20:04 am
Maybe I'm just used to watching SEC refs but I could not believe there were no fouls called down low when we were fighting for rebounds. I don't think I have ever seen them not call a foul when there's three or four guys all going up fighting for a rebound/put back. We sure didn't get any help.

But hey, we scared the crap out of UNC and I loved every minute of it. We need to play those top teams more! Let's keep making the tournament and we WILL start winning those games
They were over the back all game long. So was Seton Hall. I guess it's true they do let you play a little bit more in the tournament :-\. Some teams anyways.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on March 20, 2017, 10:22:52 am
Hawgball won't be back until Mike starts getting our #1 Arkansas high school players into Razorback uniforms. If Nolan Richardson had not gotten a Corliss Williamson to wear Razorback red instead of Kentucky blue (or wherever) he would never have won a championship.

It isn't rocket science - in basketball or football. Anderson or Bielema are not going to ultimately win championships by "coaching up" 2 and 3 stars. Anderson has the easiest road because Arkansas does produce good basketball players nearly every year. Add Memphis into that mix. Mike has to step up his game or our Hogs will remain just a shade north of mediocre.
Winning will help us keep our best basketball players in the state. It's starting to happen and it's coming.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on March 20, 2017, 12:22:58 pm
Very proud of the effort and tenacity of this Razorback team.  They could have quit several times this year (and in yesterdays game) but chose to double down and battle back.  Their heart is unquestionable.  Aside from the officiating (which was Carolina Blue), the final 3+ minutes with no execution on half court offense killed us.  We simply could not get a good look.  Credit NC with playing good defense with outstanding physical specimens, but we have to do a better job getting good looks against a man defense.  Nevertheless, very proud of the way this team competed.

Good post!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 11:50:50 am
How did A&M only shoot 11 Ft's against the Hogs with the style of defense the Hogs play?
because they aren't good at all..wth are you talking about a non-relevant A&M team
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 11:50:50 am
How did A&M only shoot 11 Ft's against the Hogs with the style of defense the Hogs play?
Was that before or after we started playing more zone? Not to mention if you don't foul while someone is shooting you don't get free throws. Unless you are in the one and one or the bonus of course ;).

Youngsta71701

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on March 20, 2017, 12:22:58 pm
Very proud of the effort and tenacity of this Razorback team.  They could have quit several times this year (and in yesterdays game) but chose to double down and battle back.  Their heart is unquestionable.  Aside from the officiating (which was Carolina Blue), the final 3+ minutes with no execution on half court offense killed us.  We simply could not get a good look.  Credit NC with playing good defense with outstanding physical specimens, but we have to do a better job getting good looks against a man defense.  Nevertheless, very proud of the way this team competed.
When we're in that situation we should have thrown the ball down low to the big man and let him go to work or ran the 1/5 pick and roll with Macon at the point.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 20, 2017, 03:32:58 pm
because they aren't good at all..wth are you talking about a non-relevant A&M team
Trying to come up with every excuse in the book to protect his beloved officials.