Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You can't tell me the refs aren't betting on these games

Started by Hog Milanese, March 19, 2017, 07:30:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Milanese

What a joke.

The Hogs would've won, were it not for favorable officiating for UNC the entire game. Oh well.

onebadrubi

As far as betting goes, this didn't change anything to do with the spread.

azhog10

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 19, 2017, 09:34:16 pm
As far as betting goes, this didn't change anything to do with the spread.
There was a ML bet and a second half line to benefit from.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Hog Milanese on March 19, 2017, 07:30:43 pm
What a joke.

The Hogs would've won, were it not for favorable officiating for UNC the entire game. Oh well.

That and 19 turnovers.

Brandon72

Quote from: azhog10 on March 19, 2017, 09:37:24 pm

I understand you're ticked off, just as I am! But come on.   The money line was - 400 and do you really think the refs are in the locker room during half-time placing 2nd half bets?

onebadrubi

Quote from: azhog10 on March 19, 2017, 09:37:24 pm

We cashed the second half bet as well which was lopsided as everyone ran to put money on UNC at half. 

No, a huge ML like UNC was is not played or hardly even offered except in parlays.  Which is why if you are a believe in Vegas messing with games would be why Vegas would be pushing for a hogs win. Also there are A LOT of UNC huge plus money cards to win the whole thing.

No Vegas conspiracy fits this game, sorry guys

Jackrabbit Hog

Personally, I thought the calls were fairly even until the last couple of minutes of the game when the deflected 3 that was reviewed but not overturned and the no call on the charge/walk happened.  Other than those - which were obviously huge huge calls - the consistency was there as you look for.  They let the players bang inside, which maybe favored UNC because of their inside game, but we got our share of calls and no calls inside too.

I thought the physical play inside got into Dusty's head and rendered him ineffective.  In most games, he can dribble inside and put up floaters that help him keep defenders honest for his outside shot.  He couldn't do that yesterday.  Every time he tried to drive inside there were bodies and hands everywhere.  Maybe some were fouls (I remember one where he got knocked down but no call was made), but most of the time it was just a poor decision on his part to drive in there with nowhere to go once he was committed.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hog Milanese on March 19, 2017, 07:30:43 pm
What a joke.

Entire game? Maybe I need to watch it again but I really felt while watching the game that they (the refs) really let us get after them without much repercussion. The two blown calls that went against us at the end did suck though. shouldve been our ball with 2 seconds left after they tipped/blocked it out of bounce. And of course then the no call on the charge.

As for the refs cashing in on anything $$$ wise North Carolina...I don't think so. The Hogs covered the 1st half spread, the 2nd half spread, and the game spread. Vegas came out well on that per usual. Guarantee most of the public was on Carolina.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

gchamblee

It's a shame that hogville has such a large collection of sore losers. I thought it was an excellent game and although disappointed, I was proud of the teams effort. I feel like the refs missed some calls for both teams, but it was fairly officiated and I prefer games where they eat the whistle and let the teams play.

HF#1

Hard to say we would have won given the way our offense played the last 3 minutes. Carolina's run may have only been 6-0 rather than 12-0 if they had not been given the possessions by the officials. The officials, however, definitely played a role in the outcome of the game, which is unfortunate.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

synthartist69

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 20, 2017, 09:10:17 am
Personally, I thought the calls were fairly even until the last couple of minutes of the game when the deflected 3 that was reviewed but not overturned and the no call on the charge/walk happened.  Other than those - which were obviously huge huge calls - the consistency was there as you look for.  They let the players bang inside, which maybe favored UNC because of their inside game, but we got our share of calls and no calls inside too.

I thought the physical play inside got into Dusty's head and rendered him ineffective.  In most games, he can dribble inside and put up floaters that help him keep defenders honest for his outside shot.  He couldn't do that yesterday.  Every time he tried to drive inside there were bodies and hands everywhere.  Maybe some were fouls (I remember one where he got knocked down but no call was made), but most of the time it was just a poor decision on his part to drive in there with nowhere to go once he was committed.
We got our share of calls? Arkansas charged with 20 fouls.. NC charged with 10??? Cmon

onebadrubi

Quote from: HF#1 on March 20, 2017, 09:29:42 am
Hard to say we would have won given the way our offense played the last 3 minutes. Carolina's run may have only been 6-0 rather than 12-0 if they had not been given the possessions by the officials. The officials, however, definitely played a role in the outcome of the game, which is unfortunate.

If our defense was just so bad, tell me how many field goals we gave up in that porus defense in the 12-0 run.

Swine-as-wine

My take on it, is that the refs were ACC biased big time. The foul calling was disproportionate as hell,
and obvious calls against the Tar Heels, were turned into either no calls or against the HOGS. It's no
different than it's ever been. If you wanna beat NC, you have to beat the complete hell out of them by
20 or more, otherwise, the refs will let them back in.

hogsanity

You all do know that there would be alot more money to be made by the refs by shaving points and/or helping the underdog to win. NC was a heavy favorite, so simply betting them to win would not be a big gain at all, not nearly worth the risk of them losing despite the refs supposed help.

Shaving points would be much more likely, if the refs were betting on the the game, as it would be easy to do and more profitable. Even bigger reward would be to help a underdog win out right, big profits there.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on March 19, 2017, 09:41:22 pm
That and 19 turnovers.

Inconvenient truth. Hated to see Dusty go out like that at the end.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hawgXi

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 19, 2017, 09:39:53 pm
Spread was 7.5. Biggest line here. Up yours Vegas

The line was bet up to +12 by tip off

HF#1

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 20, 2017, 10:14:58 am
If our defense was just so bad, tell me how many field goals we gave up in that porus defense in the 12-0 run.

No doubt we lacked execution on both ends of the court. I wouldn't go as far as to say the officials gave the game to UNC but their mistakes most certainly didn't go the way of Arkansas and did in fact gave UNC extra possessions late in the game of which they scored.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

98hogs

Quote from: gchamblee on March 20, 2017, 09:17:31 am
It's a shame that hogville has such a large collection of sore losers. I thought it was an excellent game and although disappointed, I was proud of the teams effort. I feel like the refs missed some calls for both teams, but it was fairly officiated and I prefer games where they eat the whistle and let the teams play.
The 2 obvious no calls were cheating period. 

sickboy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 20, 2017, 09:10:17 am

100% agree. This was my take as well. The charge and the tip were blown calls. The rest of the game was pretty consistent. I tend to feel that there were some fouls on the tar heels inside the lane that didn't get called throughout the game, but overall not crazy for an Arkansas game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: 98hogs on March 20, 2017, 11:34:25 am

Cheating probably not.  However, refs giving benefit of doubt to favored programs or the big name is obvious.  Hindsight says if that was barford driving instead of Berry, turn the tables completely, a ref would make a call because he can't allow a UNC type school to go down with a running back type move.  The refs mindset though is that it doesn't affect someone like an Arkansas. It's sad but it is becoming the apparent truth.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sickboy on March 20, 2017, 11:39:42 am
100% agree. This was my take as well. The charge and the tip were blown calls. The rest of the game was pretty consistent. I tend to feel that there were some fouls on the tar heels inside the lane that didn't get called throughout the game, but overall not crazy for an Arkansas game.

The tip that was reviewed was just awful officiating.  The refs are graded through out the tourney and depending on grades depends if they get to ref any more.  It will be interesting to see if this group moves on to call any more games. 

jkstock04

Quote from: 98hogs on March 20, 2017, 11:34:25 am
The tipped ball call was really strange given they went back and reviewed it. It was beyond obvious he touched it when zoomed in. Granted we would've got the ball back with a whole 2 seconds so I'm skeptical it would've amounted to a made shot...but you never know.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

widespreadsooie

Will not buy any gambling conspiracies but I do think it's advantageous to some people's pockets to move blue bloods along. Whether this plays into biased officiating is anyone's guess. Officiating didn't cost us the game anyways. 

husker71

where would they (the person who took the bet lay off the bet)  since it would have to be big money bet to make it worth their time.

hogsanity

Quote from: widespreadsooie on March 20, 2017, 12:14:45 pm
Will not buy any gambling conspiracies but I do think it's advantageous to some people's pockets to move blue bloods along. Whether this plays into biased officiating is anyone's guess. Officiating didn't cost us the game anyways. 

Yet Louisville, Nova, and Duke all lost, they are blue bloods, but no one is talking about the officiating in their losses because they lost Refs are only involved if the blue bloods win, apparently. Even though, from a "rigged" game stand point, there is much more $ to be made by having a underdog win.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

sickboy

Quote from: widespreadsooie on March 20, 2017, 12:14:45 pm

I'd actually buy that there are a few refs who bet on games they officiate and that there isn't any orchestrated movement from the NCAA or the Officials as a whole to see blue bloods move forward.

One man can hold millions of secrets. A body of men can barely hold one.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogz11 on March 20, 2017, 12:04:43 pm
Hogs called for 20 fouls giving UNC 25 free throw attempts.

UNC called for 10 fouls giving the Hogs 8 free throw attempts.

Hogs were never in the bonus at any point in the game.

Over 25% of UNC's points were made free throws.

Combine that with the abhorrent last two minutes and you think it was a fairly officiated game? I hardly ever complain about officials but this was a screw job.

You can't prove anything with those numbers. Those numbers do not tell you how many actual fouls were committed. If a team played a perfect game and did not commit any fouls, would you come back complaining because no fouls were called against them? The only call that pissed me off was the charge/travel they didn't call against UNC at the end of the game. Officials sometimes miss a call so I do not automatically assume someone is cheating. As for the tipped ball on the 3, when watching the replay I couldn't see any evidence of a tip but was hoping they would rule it tipped. I would imagine the faster the pace of the game, the more likely fouls are to be missed. We were slugging it out with a giant and stood toe to toe with them until we stopped making shots/free throws.

As for cheating/betting conspiracies, the result of the game was not the result that would make fortunes for betters. An Arkansas win would have been the result that would have been a betting goldmine.

Also, if the refs are protecting the bluebloods, then why did they not protect Duke? Villanova? Louisville? You guys look like sore losers when you claim the refs were cheating, or that we played the only blueblood that the refs were willing to protect.

Take the loss like men and quit whining about conspiracies about cheating and gambling refs. It is embarrassing. It is impossible to view any complaints about refs in this game as credible, since you guys think the refs are cheating us in every single game we play.

gchamblee

Quote from: sickboy on March 20, 2017, 12:51:54 pm
I'd actually buy that there are a few refs who bet on games they officiate and that there isn't any orchestrated movement from the NCAA or the Officials as a whole to see blue bloods move forward.

One man can hold millions of secrets. A body of men can barely hold one.

I like that. I will use that in the future.

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 12:46:49 pm
Yet Louisville, Nova, and Duke all lost, they are blue bloods, but no one is talking about the officiating in their losses because they lost Refs are only involved if the blue bloods win, apparently. Even though, from a "rigged" game stand point, there is much more $ to be made by having a underdog win.

look man, you can defend refs until you are blue in the face.  i realize you are one of them.  and yes, i think the "gambling" angle is a bit of a reach.  sometimes it is merely inherent bias.

three questions:
1 -  do you agree that the call on the deflected shot was horrible, especially with the benefit of video review?  horrible to the degree of no logical explanation?
2 - do you agree that the non call, while taking a minimum of 4 steps with the ball tucked under his arm like a running back, was horrible?  horrible to the degree of no logical explanation?
3 - do you agree that both of these calls had a huge, direct impact on the outcome of the game?  whether other factors mattered as well or not... did these 2 clearly incorrect calls provide one team with a huge, undeserved advantage over the other?

jfred59

Quote from: gchamblee on March 20, 2017, 09:17:31 am

Fairly officiated?  What game did you watch.  Lets see 20 fouls to 10, 25-8 free throw difference,  obvious blown calls in the end.

jfred59

Quote from: gchamblee on March 20, 2017, 01:14:35 pm
You can't prove anything with those numbers. Those numbers do not tell you how many actual fouls were committed. If a team played a perfect game and did not commit any fouls, would you come back complaining because no fouls were called against them? The only call that pissed me off was the charge/travel they didn't call against UNC at the end of the game. Officials sometimes miss a call so I do not automatically assume someone is cheating. As for the tipped ball on the 3, when watching the replay I couldn't see any evidence of a tip but was hoping they would rule it tipped. I would imagine the faster the pace of the game, the more likely fouls are to be missed. We were slugging it out with a giant and stood toe to toe with them until we stopped making shots/free throws.

As for cheating/betting conspiracies, the result of the game was not the result that would make fortunes for betters. An Arkansas win would have been the result that would have been a betting goldmine.

Also, if the refs are protecting the bluebloods, then why did they not protect Duke? Villanova? Louisville? You guys look like sore losers when you claim the refs were cheating, or that we played the only blueblood that the refs were willing to protect.

Take the loss like men and quit whining about conspiracies about cheating and gambling refs. It is embarrassing. It is impossible to view any complaints about refs in this game as credible, since you guys think the refs are cheating us in every single game we play.

Are you a current or former official?

jfred59

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 20, 2017, 11:42:01 am
The tip that was reviewed was just awful officiating.  The refs are graded through out the tourney and depending on grades depends if they get to ref any more.  It will be interesting to see if this group moves on to call any more games. 

You can bet they will....they did their "job" and will be rewarding for doing such.

jgphillips3

Even though it was a clear charge, I'm willing to say that the block/charge call is the hardest in basketball but he took five steps with the ball, threw a forearm and was like a bull in a china shop in front of EVERYONE.  I refuse to believe not one ref saw the travel or the charge.  That was a call so horrible everyone who watched the tournament knew they blew it.  A call so bad that it does make it unclear if they were merely incompetent or were biased.  It was easily one of the worst blown calls in the tournament thus far and was made at a critical moment that broke our back.

gchamblee

Quote from: jfred59 on March 20, 2017, 02:03:36 pm
Are you a current or former official?

lol no. i couldn't run the length of the floor 3 times without needing medical assistance.

husker71

no way or place  to layoff a bet big enough to go to jail for if you are a successful individual

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 20, 2017, 01:17:28 pm
look man, you can defend refs until you are blue in the face.  i realize you are one of them.  and yes, i think the "gambling" angle is a bit of a reach.  sometimes it is merely inherent bias.

three questions:
1 -  do you agree that the call on the deflected shot was horrible, especially with the benefit of video review?  horrible to the degree of no logical explanation?
2 - do you agree that the non call, while taking a minimum of 4 steps with the ball tucked under his arm like a running back, was horrible?  horrible to the degree of no logical explanation?
3 - do you agree that both of these calls had a huge, direct impact on the outcome of the game?  whether other factors mattered as well or not... did these 2 clearly incorrect calls provide one team with a huge, undeserved advantage over the other?

I have no idea what camera shots they get for replays. If they did not get one from the shooters right side then they could not see the tip. Again, no idea if they get the same shots we do on tv or not, I have read some say they do and some say they do not. If they do get the same shots, no idea how they missed it.

I said last night I have no idea how they did not call SOMETHING on that play, it had to be a block, a charge, a walk SOMETHING.

Like any bad/incorrect call in a close game, they had impact.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 12:46:49 pm

I don't know if I would consider Nova a blue blood. Besides the point though. Michigan is a national darling and Duke just got whooped. My point alluded more to pathways to the final four anyway. I do think refs gamble on games but would guess it's an outlier when team's get screwed based off who the ref has.

jfred59

Quote from: gchamblee on March 20, 2017, 02:20:49 pm
lol no. i couldn't run the length of the floor 3 times without needing medical assistance.

Thats one more than me at this point Bro!!

jfred59

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 03:19:27 pm
I have no idea what camera shots they get for replays. If they did not get one from the shooters right side then they could not see the tip. Again, no idea if they get the same shots we do on tv or not, I have read some say they do and some say they do not. If they do get the same shots, no idea how they missed it.

I said last night I have no idea how they did not call SOMETHING on that play, it had to be a block, a charge, a walk SOMETHING.

Like any bad/incorrect call in a close game, they had impact.

And  has been stated in another thread, they get to do the video review on their own calls so you know where that is going...aint going to overturn their own error.