Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Owes this school an apology.

Started by LRHog, March 19, 2017, 07:24:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgnCorona

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 09:33:05 pm
To see homers blame officials when we found it hard to breathe down the stretch?

Dude, go play on the freeway...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

Quote from: HamSammich on March 19, 2017, 07:44:14 pm
Lol the NCAA has as much power as my 2 year old at daycare and she's a bully. There was no fix in. You can't expect calls in the last two minutes of a tourney game and that's a historic thing.

Your 2yr can be a bully but to think that simply swallowing your whistle in the last 2 minute is historical is BS. The NO CALL  clearly altered the game. Make the call and let the chips fall where they may...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 09:33:05 pm
To see homers blame officials when we found it hard to breathe down the stretch?
I'll tell you one thing..they played their ass off and gave everything they had. Have you ever gave everything you had for a cause?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hawg414

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 07:32:26 pm
I thought the final 2-3 minutes were officiated fine: I'm swallowing a whistle there, too.

1. Prior is open to discussion.
2. We can't execute a half court offense.
3. That's the end game, not officials.

youre so [CENSORED] predictable.  the only thing that isnt a known given is why exactly it is that you hate everything UA related.  im pretty sure most here would be happy if you went and played in the street.

MountieDawg

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on March 19, 2017, 07:42:23 pm
Nice assessment from someone who has clearly literally never played basketball before.

The officials definitely made some awful calls, but they were not alone in making mistakes the last 4 minutes... If the hogs execute at all on offense they still win... If they would have just scored 4 more points they probably would have won and not had to foul NC to allow them the bigger lead... but zero points in the last 3:50 against a 1 seed is going to be tough to win. 
SEC!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: TulsaJack32 on March 19, 2017, 07:37:54 pm
There are no more Bobby Knight's or Billy Tubbs.  They will cower.
That's why coaches/AD's get paid so much. Hush money
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

TexArkHogFan

Why does anybody think the NCAA can and will do anything.  North Carolina should not have even been in the NCAA tourney.  What, about 20 years of flagrant academic infraction and the NCAA refuses to do anything about it.  Why do we even have an NCAA?  Why do we have to belong to it?  All they do is rake in money and don't have the guts to enforce infractions when it comes to the big name schools, football and basketball.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

SamBuckhart

If they were outside the arena, NC player gets charged with assult , for running over our player. I know. Misspelled on purpose.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

JayBell

I think we can all agree Arkansas' offense was atrocious in the final minutes of the game, but I hate how so many want to act like the foul situation didn't affect that.  North Carolina finished the second half with FOUR freakin' fouls, in a close, physical, hotly-contested game.  That's absurd.  And they finished the game with 10 fouls.  It was beyond bonkers.  North Carolina was swiping and slapping and body checking on every play.  It only got worse as the game went on.

If North Carolina is sitting on 6 or 7 fouls in those situations and actually getting called for fouls, then Moses Kingsley isn't the only Arkansas player at the free throw line late in the game.  Like I saw others bring it up, but how many games did Arkansas win at the free throw line this year?  If Arkansas is only down 1 and Hannahs or Macon gets to shoot one-and-one, everything probably turns out completely different.

JayBell

The referees took over that game as soon as Arkansas took the lead.  All of a sudden, UNC good do no wrong on defense.  The four fouls that were actually called weren't even in the top five worst offenses they committed in the second half.  It's up there among the all-time worst screw jobs Arkansas has ever endured.

And I hate pointing the finger at referees.  Fans do it way, way, way too often, but yesterday was the most egregious I can remember seeing against the basketball team.

JayBell

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 20, 2017, 05:43:40 amThe officials definitely made some awful calls, but they were not alone in making mistakes the last 4 minutes... If the hogs execute at all on offense they still win... If they would have just scored 4 more points they probably would have won and not had to foul NC to allow them the bigger lead... but zero points in the last 3:50 against a 1 seed is going to be tough to win.

The imbalanced foul calls warped all of that.  When North Carolina gets to do anything they want without even the threat of being called for it, then they get to be more aggressive without Arkansas being able to send Hannahs or Macon or any better free throw shooters than just Kingsley to the line.