Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Owes this school an apology.

Started by LRHog, March 19, 2017, 07:24:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHog

Continously protects the "big names"... Theyre in it for nothing but the money. Whats best for the players and true competition doesnt matter.

This team wasnt robbed... The refs pulled their pants down and raped any chance of victory they had. Horrible HORRIBLE HORRIBLE calls at the end... But dont worry, the only bad call was the F1 on seton hall when they literally assaulted barford.

Frank NCAA, and if Mike/Jeff Long dont call out those refs by [CENSORED] name they're [CENSORED] who just take it.

synthartist69

Knot2brite

I said it in the game thread and I will say it again...after the amount of darn that the officials took from the F1 in the seton hall game..they weren't making any controversial calls in the final minutes of this game...even obvious ones
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

WorfHog

Agreed we need to file a formal complaint against this crew. What a joke, really starting to believe this is rigged.

LRHog

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 19, 2017, 07:26:27 pm
I said it in the game thread and I will say it again...after the amount of darn that the officials took from the F1 in the seton hall game..they weren't making any controversial calls in the final minutes of this game...even obvious ones

Deflected shot... our ball to inbound with 1 sec. Ripped

Guy travels AND charges... Gets a [CENSORED] bucket - Ripped.

As usual the NCAA proves they rig this darn so they can get more money, but no one but arkansas will care because everyones bracket stays intact.

LRHog

Quote from: WorfHog on March 19, 2017, 07:27:21 pm
Agreed we need to file a formal complaint against this crew. What a joke, really starting to believe this is rigged.

If jeff long and mike dont bring them up immediately in the press conference they're [CENSORED].

Hawg Red

Knot2brite

Quote from: LRHog on March 19, 2017, 07:27:54 pm

As usual the NCAA proves they rig this darn so they can get more money, but no one but arkansas will care because everyones bracket stays intact.
Yeah like I said they weren't calling anything even the obvious stuff

LRHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 19, 2017, 07:29:39 pm
It really is sickening.

I feel bad for the kids. I feel bad for the staff. I feel bad for everyone who puts their heart, soul, and many of us our money... and we get so close, and continue to get [CENSORED].

I firmly believe the only reason we won it in 94 is because there wasnt this much money in the sport. Now that there is the NCAA protects its highest profits. North Carolina... Duke... Kentucky... etc.

its sickening. I want to throw up, but I cant because I've already been drained of every drop in previous games... including football.

You'll never convince me this darn isnt rigged.

jfred59

Quote from: LRHog on March 19, 2017, 07:28:14 pm
If jeff long and mike dont bring them up immediately in the press conference they're [CENSORED].

They wont...sometimes I wonder if AD'S are part of the conspiracy

jfred59

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 07:32:26 pm
I thought the final 2-3 minutes were officiated fine: I'm swallowing a whistle there, too.

1. Prior is open to discussion.
2. We can't execute a half court offense.
3. That's the end game, not officials.

You are either blind, crazy, or an official

Breems

South Carolina is going to get absolutely HOSED tonight by the refs against Duke.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

onebadrubi

I thought the final 2-3 minutes were officiated fine: I'm swallowing a whistle there, too.

Of course you do.  Swallowing the whistle is different than allowing a guy to act as a running back on 4th and 1. 

Your constant schtick here is annoying.

alohawg

Quote from: LRHog on March 19, 2017, 07:27:54 pm

But the national media won't mention any of this.  :puke:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

onebadrubi

Quote from: jfred59 on March 19, 2017, 07:34:15 pm
You are either blind, crazy, or an official

No he's just always here to put the hogs down in one form or fashion.

Knot2brite

There is some truth to this..but also some over-simplification of the situation...if they call a charge or walk on the tip in then that could change the momentum...if they change the call on the partially blocked ball and give the ball to Arkansas maybe we hit a shot...who knows but if we hit a shot from the corner at the end maybe we win as well

PossumFan

If you want to swallow the whistle on the foul, fine, but how do you ignore the four-step travel?

BigoBoys

Quote from: alohawg on March 19, 2017, 07:35:08 pm
But the national media won't mention any of this.  :puke:

Skip Bayless‏Verified account @RealSkipBayless  14m14 minutes ago
More
More amateurish NCAA reffing. UNC gets a "program" call. Joel Berry charged! No call? Missed shot putback by Heels. Ark robbed by noncall.

TulsaJack32

Quote from: LRHog on March 19, 2017, 07:28:14 pm

There are no more Bobby Knight's or Billy Tubbs.  They will cower. 

Jack The BN

I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

sadhogfan

Quote from: LRHog on March 19, 2017, 07:24:48 pm
Continously protects the "big names"... Theyre in it for nothing but the money. Whats best for the players and true competition doesnt matter.

This team wasnt robbed... The refs pulled their pants down and raped any chance of victory they had. Horrible HORRIBLE HORRIBLE calls at the end... But dont worry, the only bad call was the F1 on seton hall when they literally assaulted barford.

Frank NCAA, and if Mike/Jeff Long dont call out those refs by [CENSORED] name they're [CENSORED] who just take it.

I don't disagree with any of this, but you can't change it, and the worst stuff happened so late in the game that Mike couldn't go off on them and get a technical to wake them up.

Here's how you change it: you get better and better until YOU'RE one of the favored teams, and then you start to get calls. We are on our way.

BrooklynRoss

Nice assessment from someone who has clearly literally never played basketball before.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

pigsooie1000

absolutely they do. we dominated the game for 25 minutes and ran out of gas, but would have won with refs that even were just in favor of UNC.

there is zero explanation for us not having the ball off the tip, it was 100% obvious. I don't understand how they can explain that. Macon also got crushed on the shot. I really want to see that Bailey call with about 2:30 to go, it looked like a steal and we were up 7 but they called a late, tiny touch foul to give them 2 points. game-changer

and of course the worst of all the blatant charge+travel. to play so hard and so well only to have refs take it away is devastating. full apology won't heal it, but will restore some sort of trust in the integrity of the game

Dwillhog66

The refs were god awful in this game no doubt but our guys were also to blame with how we closed out the game. We couldn't do anything right even when the refs weren't involved.
Loved the effort from our guys though, just think we ran out of gas and let the pressure get to us.
I'm really excited about next year though. If Barford and Macon stick around we're going to be damn good next year.
Woo Pig

HamSammich

Lol the NCAA has as much power as my 2 year old at daycare and she's a bully. There was no fix in. You can't expect calls in the last two minutes of a tourney game and that's a historic thing.

HamSammich

Quit being a self righteous victim.... you come off pathetic. Was a great game against a great team and we came up short.

Period

razorbrass

Not saying I am OK with it but the no call charge/walk I can see a ref not making that call against UNC.  Shouldn't be right but officiating is a human endeavor and open to mistake.  The one I don't get is the tip ball call.  It was clear on my tv that it was blocked and it was clear that the ball hit the baseline with 2 seconds on the shot clock.  How do you explain going to the replay and not being able to see either one?  If you want to point to the fix is in you have to look no further than that call.  Need to get UNC and UK paired up to bring in the ratings and sell that air time. 
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

LRHawg

If there was a fix, they would ensure the Cinderella Nortthwestern got deep into the tournament to keep people watching. Instead, the stupid refs screwed them. It's bad refereeing.

Waldron_Hog

North Carolina can expect calls in the last 2 minutes.

razorbrass

It makes it all the worse to lose to golly shucks Williams and his we haven't been tested like that all year bull.  He knows he escaped with some help.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

cj_sez

I am literally sickened by the calls. Maybe the nausea will be gone by next March. Hope the NCAA clobbers UNC over the fake course investigation, but they won't.

WaltKowalski

Razorback_Mack

Swallow a five step walk? Stay the hell away from the game of basketball.

Hollywood870

Quote from: HamSammich on March 19, 2017, 07:44:14 pm
Lol the NCAA has as much power as my 2 year old at daycare and she's a bully. There was no fix in. You can't expect calls in the last two minutes of a tourney game and that's a historic thing.
We trapped them and stole the ball for a breakaway that would have put us up 7 and they blew the whistle on that one didn't they?

WorfHog

No Arkansas cannot expect these seasoned officials to screw the golden goose.

hogsanity

Trail official has got to call that walk right there. Baseline ref can't see the feet very well right there, that's one of the reasons they use 3 man crews.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogsanity on March 19, 2017, 08:00:07 pm
Trail official has got to call that walk right there. Baseline ref can't see the feet very well right there, that's one of the reasons they use 3 man crews.
I think when you sling the ball up after taking five steps it's a dead giveaway for anybody to see.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 19, 2017, 07:54:37 pm
We trapped them and stole the ball for a breakaway that would have put us up 7 and they blew the whistle on that one didn't they?

Worst call of the game. Huge huge call.

XavierZane

We won't get anything from the NCAA but a cold shoulder.  Same with ESPN, the SEC, or any of the blue bloods. 

But I think we're going to look back at the disrespect we've been shown the past couple of weeks, from the coverage in the SEC Tourney to the officiating of this game, as the beginning of a real fire lit within the basketball program (and maybe even the football one too).  We've got the coach and some players from the football side of things pointing out the bad calls and double-standards, so they're getting invested too. 

But anyways, most of this team comes back next year, and we get some really promising newbies too.  We should be better by far, and I think all of returning players will be playing angry and on a mission to get respect.  New Era of Razorback basketball has already begun... it's time to make everybody feel it.

WorfHog

Quote from: XavierZane on March 19, 2017, 08:13:54 pm
We won't get anything from the NCAA but a cold shoulder.  Same with ESPN, the SEC, or any of the blue bloods. 

But I think we're going to look back at the disrespect we've been shown the past couple of weeks, from the coverage in the SEC Tourney to the officiating of this game, as the beginning of a real fire lit within the basketball program (and maybe even the football one too).  We've got the coach and some players from the football side of things pointing out the bad calls and double-standards, so they're getting invested too. 

But anyways, most of this team comes back next year, and we get some really promising newbies too.  We should be better by far, and I think all of returning players will be playing angry and on a mission to get respect.  New Era of Razorback basketball has already begun... it's time to make everybody feel it.

It's rigged plain and simple.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Danny J

Still waiting on NCAA apology from the 95/96 recruiting class screw job

Rbill

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on March 19, 2017, 07:42:56 pm
absolutely they do. we dominated the game for 25 minutes and ran out of gas, but would have won with refs that even were just in favor of UNC.

there is zero explanation for us not having the ball off the tip, it was 100% obvious. I don't understand how they can explain that. Macon also got crushed on the shot. I really want to see that Bailey call with about 2:30 to go, it looked like a steal and we were up 7 but they called a late, tiny touch foul to give them 2 points. game-changer

and of course the worst of all the blatant charge+travel. to play so hard and so well only to have refs take it away is devastating. full apology won't heal it, but will restore some sort of trust in the integrity of the game

Agreed on the Bailey foul too. Definitely a late whistle like he realized we were on a breakaway. The tipped ball is mind blowing. I know they have the same ability I have to go frame by frame. The guys fingers bend backwards with the ball. Do they think we won't notice that? By the time we get tackled with no call all I can do is laugh. Unbelievable.

HamSammich

Lol and this thread is why i come to hogville

WorfHog

Quote from: HamSammich on March 19, 2017, 09:16:49 pm

To troll? You don't come often because you're only posting when we lose.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jfred59

Quote from: XavierZane on Today at 08:13:54 pm

It's rigged plain and simple.

I have thought this for years. I actually thought the 95 Championship was rigged by the NCAA to let UCLA win.  Too many strange things went on

Youngsta71701

Quote from: LRHog on March 19, 2017, 07:24:48 pm

They assaulted Barford all game but only had 4 fouls in the 2nd half to show for it. SSMGDH!!!!!!!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

PORKULATOR

what else do you swallow with your poor judgment.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawgmasta

Quote from: HamSammich on March 19, 2017, 09:16:49 pm

Sports center even showed the offensive foul/travel and questioned it as well as tons of sports analysts on twitter. Not just on hogville; everyone saw that was a terrible game altering call.