Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Real story of the game is the 3-4 wrong calls

Started by Kenny Sowers, March 19, 2017, 07:17:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfred59

Quote from: SoonerSooie on March 19, 2017, 07:24:01 pm
^^^^^

This! Egads! How do you miss that major walk and the ensuring charge! Those two combined calls led to the offensive put back and their lead. That to me was a turning point. Good grief.

In before Hogsanity

When you have been instructed on who will win and paid well to take care of it.   

hogfan10

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 08:18:04 pm
The problem though is that our player was not in a legal guarding position because he was not set.

No, the problem is you don't know/understand the rule. You DO NOT have to be set to draw a charge.
You can be moving, if you have established position in front of the offensive player.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: fullfan on March 19, 2017, 07:25:19 pm
Berry charged and traveled on same play with 45 or so seconds left and score 65-66 NC.   Should have been hogs ball but instead is a NC 3pt lead.   Game changed on that pitiful missed double call.

He threw an elbow as well during that play. Not only should it have been a charge but also a flagrant 1 foul.

hogfan10

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on March 19, 2017, 08:25:10 pm
He threw an elbow as well during that play

Eerily similar to Hannahs in the Kentucky game.

hogsanity

Quote from: jfred59 on March 19, 2017, 08:22:33 pm
In before Hogsanity

When you have been instructed on who will win and paid well to take care of it.   

If you beleive games are rigged then why watch?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hogfan10 on March 19, 2017, 08:22:56 pm
No, the problem is you don't know/understand the rule. You DO NOT have to be set to draw a charge.
You can be moving, if you have established position in front of the offensive player.

How can you have established position if your not set?

Just be thankful it wasn't Ted Valentine reffing the game.  He would have made a delayed, theatrical block foul call on our player (entirely possible Valentine would have come across the court from the other side to make a theatrical call).

hogsanity

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 08:30:50 pm

Just be thankful it wasn't Ted Valentine reffing the game.  He would have made a delayed, theatrical block foul call on our player (entirely possible Valentine would have come across the court from the other side to make a theatrical call).

You can be moving and draw a charge or player control foul. You can not be moving after a player leaves his feet and draw a charge, but that has no bearing on the situation in question.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogfan10

If my chest is in front of you, you can't run me over. Doesn't matter if my feet are glued to the floor or not, I've established my space.

elkhog

Quote from: LRRandy on March 19, 2017, 07:47:20 pm
Razorbacks played well and lost. No shame in that. Lament the missed opportunity, but Carolina was simply better down the stretch.

Better?  No.  More disciplined, yes.  I think our talent is as good as theirs. 
GO HOGS!!!

hogfan10

Quote from: hogsanity on March 19, 2017, 08:35:01 pm
You can be moving and draw a charge or player control foul. You can not be moving after a player leaves his feet and draw a charge, but that has no bearing on the situation in question.

Correct, I can't move in after you have left the floor to draw a charge.

Sow Lancelot

Because you don't have to be set, just in controlled position in front of the player. Do you really not know this?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 08:09:54 pm
Nope, if anything it was block foul by our player.

The bottom line is that a defender has to be set.

Regardless, the refs decided to not make any call.

I'm gonna ask a very simple question, why do they call fouls on a dribbler when he extends his arm to push off a defender?

Of course that call is only called on Arkansas so maybe you do have a point.

la20688

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 07:56:25 pm
Any possible shove by an offensive player becomes irrelevant when a defender is not set.  When a defender is not set any possible shove by an offensive player does not equate to any advantage gained by the offensive player (the defensive player still has an advantage by not being set).
So incorrect. You're saying you've never seen an offensive foul called when the defender was moving?  A defender has a right to space on the floor as well, and Baily was in position. Add to that the face of Berry pushing off with and extending his arm. Pretty easy call....or at least should have been.

WorfHog

Quote from: LRRandy on March 19, 2017, 08:16:29 pm
i must be blind because I sure didn't see Arkansas score in the last 3:30 of the game. A few questionable calls or no calls doesn't change that. Only a blind homer can't see that.

Hey Randy how'd the Ohio State Buckeyes do in the tourney, oh wait they didn't make one...

Go find another board you troll!

alohawg

Quotes from a Carolina fan immediately following the game.

"Lol refs saved the **** out of us.

Survive and Advance, I suppose."

"If I'm an Arkansas fan, I'm probably screaming about the refs."

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/hogs-vs-heels-sunday-19-march-2017-dance-lesson-number-two.52164/page-7
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on March 19, 2017, 08:37:58 pm
Because you don't have to be set, just in controlled position in front of the player. Do you really not know this?

Well, if you are not set, then you are not in a controlled position.

It is completely contradictory for someone to be in a controlled position when they are not set.  The defender still has an advantage by not being set.  With the speed of current day basketball athletes there is no controlled position when a defender is not set.

hogfan10

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 08:43:08 pm

It is completely contradictory for someone to be in a controlled position when they are not set.  The defender still has an advantage by not being set.  With the speed of current day basketball athletes there is no controlled position when a defender is not set.

You need to just stop, you don't have a clue.

theFlyingHog

Any possible shove by an offensive player becomes irrelevant when a defender is not set.  When a defender is not set any possible shove by an offensive player does not equate to any advantage gained by the offensive player (the defensive player still has an advantage by not being set).
Then why do they keep calling Barford for pushing off? Hello

GoshenHog

Your position is demonstrably false and is at odds with the rules of college basketball.  But keep digging anyway.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: LRRandy on March 19, 2017, 07:45:12 pm
only one team complains about officiating. The loser. They were outplayed. The last 3:34 of the game when they couldn't score and Carolina finished on a 12-0 run. Score a little and maybe complain. Carolina was the better team. Razorbacks played great for 37 minutes. Couldn't get it done the last 3.
is that why even sports center is complaining about the officiating??
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Sow Lancelot

Well, then I'm not sure why you waste your time watching the game.

And, one last time, Barford was called for a foul in the exact same scenario which you find incomprehensible earlier in the half.

Well, obtuse or jackass, we all know now.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hootiethehog

I have never seen anyone be as obtuse as you are about something. You could not be more wrong about the drivel you're spouting, but instead of actually listening to people who know, like actual referees on this board, you double and triple down on the blatantly stupid argument.

Any time that arm gets extended to shove a player away by the ball handler, it is a charge.

I can't comprehend that you do not get this simple fact of basketball. Unless of course, this is a masterful troll job, then kudos good sir.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Hootiethehog on March 19, 2017, 08:56:01 pm
I have never seen anyone be as obtuse as you are about something. You could not be more wrong about the drivel you're spouting, but instead of actually listening to people who know, like actual referees on this board, you double and triple down on the blatantly stupid argument.

Any time that arm gets extended to shove a player away by the ball handler, it is a charge.

I can't comprehend that you do not get this simple fact of basketball. Unless of course, this is a masterful troll job, then kudos good sir.

Well, then take it up with the officials who worked the game.  They know it wasn't an offensive charge by the NC player.

alohawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 09:12:58 pm
Well, then take it up with the officials who worked the game.  They know it wasn't an offensive charge by the NC player.

It was something, either block or charge, but it sure as heck wasn't a no call situation. Who benefited, Carolina. No need to shoot free throws when the refs swallow their whistle allowing a lay-up instead.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

azhog10

Quote from: elkhog on March 19, 2017, 08:36:10 pm
Better?  No.  More disciplined, yes.  I think our talent is as good as theirs.
No offense but our talent doesn't scratch the surface of theirs.

azhog10

Then it was a travel. They didn't call a block, so if it was a play on then it was indeed a travel.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Cale on March 19, 2017, 07:22:19 pm
They called 4 fouls on UNC the entire 2nd Half. Just saying.

Let that sink in! What a hosing!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

onebadrubi

Completely wrong.  You are trying to defend your original point and you are completely incorrect t

Razorback_Mack

They would tell anybody right now that it was a walk in the least. A monkey could tell you that.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on March 19, 2017, 08:27:14 pm
If you beleive games are rigged then why watch?

Why do women watch lifetime movies? They know the story

jfred59

I would love to get to take it up with them.   

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: jfred59 on March 19, 2017, 09:21:48 pm
You ain't kidding. Post of the year.

HawgnCorona

The lack of foul calls on UNC is an even bigger story....we win this game had they called it even.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hootiethehog

That is everyone's point in this thread that the call was missed/just not called. You're the only one to seem that the guy with the ball can just bulldoze any defender who is not standing like a statue directly squared up in front of the ball handler.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: azhog10 on March 19, 2017, 09:16:50 pm
No offense but our talent doesn't scratch the surface of theirs.
well then our hearts scratched holes in those blue bloods tonight. We're obviously void of any talent.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

You sir, are a piece.....
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

cypert2

Bud, you need some more work on your troll game.
Swinging on the two and the four.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: jfred59 on March 19, 2017, 09:21:48 pm

All things considered, I felt it was the best officiating the Hogs had for a game all season.  The 3 officials today are good.

1 of the officials today has officiated for over 30 years, which includes officiating in the NBA.

The officiating today was better than the garbage that occurs in the SEC from Doug Shows, Tom Eades, and Doug Sirmons.

HogHomer

I never understood the need to always be on the opposite side of an argument. You are obviously wrong but choose not to see it. You are just losing any credibility you had.

Youngsta71701

Yep, three calls went their way that shouldn't have and there goes the ball game. Moses missing those free throws could have made it a lot more interesting though. But ole well can't make them all. It turned out to be a good year. 26-10. Not much to complain about there.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hogsanity

Quote from: Little Lady Back on March 19, 2017, 09:18:01 pm
Let that sink in! What a hosing!!

Hogs only had 4 fouls in the 2nd half at home against a&m, did a&m get hosed?

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 09:58:49 pm
All things considered, I felt it was the best officiating the Hogs had for a game all season.  The 3 officials today are good.

1 of the officials today has officiated for over 30 years, which includes officiating in the NBA.

The officiating today was better than the garbage that occurs in the SEC from Doug Shows, Tom Eades, and Doug Sirmons.
It was good up until the last 3 minutes when we got up 65-60. They took over the game down the stretch. How many fouls did they get away with again? Then you call that weak foul on Bailey on the steal when we could have gone up 67-60. Straight bull!! That call right there kept them in the game.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

alohawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 19, 2017, 10:12:22 pm
It was good up until the last 3 minutes when we got up 65-60. They took over the game down the stretch. How many fouls did they get away with again? Then you call that weak foul on Bailey on the steal when we could have gone up 67-60. Straight bull!! That call right there kept them in the game.

And took the momentum.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hootiethehog

Quote from: sowmonella on March 19, 2017, 10:20:07 pm
https://thehillnews.net/news/March-Madness-2017:-Poor-officiating-costs-Arkansas-in-loss-to-North-Carolina-(Video)

:razorback:

My phone isn't showing a video on that site. My wife had to miss the game and I wanted to show her the last three minutes to fully explain what happened. Anyone know where I can find something like that?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HogHomer on March 19, 2017, 10:08:01 pm
I never understood the need to always be on the opposite side of an argument. You are obviously wrong but choose not to see it. You are just losing any credibility you had.

A no-call is what is the tendency to occur at the end of a game.

It is our job to block-out Kennedy Meeks.  We block out properly then NC wouldn't have scored.

XavierZane

I'm surprised and happy that the poor calls, both on us and in general, are getting some attention and traction nationally.