Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs North Carolina

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 19, 2017, 04:34:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltKowalski

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 19, 2017, 07:17:22 pm
Always has and always will under Anderson.

Look at you waiting for the opportunity to come out and bash the coach. Gutter snipe.

Good game. Proud of our team and coach.

RedBird5

Quote from: riccoar on March 19, 2017, 07:17:28 pm
Should have been Hannah. Beards better at making 20's.

He's not that good.  He got caught....

RaisinHog

Quote from: BassinHawg on March 19, 2017, 07:19:15 pm
Go Away!

You go away you admited in this thread you have watched 2 games all season .. u don't know shitt

Sweet Feet

Quote from: nesjunk on March 19, 2017, 07:19:42 pm
It's called fatigue.  A choke job is when you fold under the pressure.  They were just exhausted.
So UNC's didn't play the same amount of mins as Arkansas? I'm sorry but there's no excuse. We folded. Last 3 mins with no bucket, while they went on a 12-0 run. We choked.

jfred59

Quote from: WorfHog on March 19, 2017, 07:16:22 pm
Wow Frank these refs such a screw job!

This entire weekend has shown how corrupt college basketball officials are.  I have never so many teams screwed like this

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Breems on March 19, 2017, 07:18:55 pm
Kingsley missing 2 FTs was huge. Can't have that from a senior.

This one hurts. So close. We were the better team for most of the night then panicked.

True. Our seniors outside of Manny didn't bring it. At least it gives us hope going forward I guess.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 19, 2017, 07:18:04 pm
You're up 5 and don't score another point? That's a choke job
No legs left. We were out talented all over the court and only stayed in it with heart. No choke in that.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hog.goblin

Quote from: latrops on March 19, 2017, 07:19:21 pm
Macon going out for a few minutes killed us.  He made the offense go tonight.

That airball call against him is inexcusable.  Crucial timing.

BigSexyHog

Sad thing is all the "fans" calling out Beard couldn't even dribble a ball much less run up and down the court.  No wonder Macon said what he did earlier in the year about some so called fans.... 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

alohawg

The foul call on the Bailey steal and the no call charge at the end sealed it for them.
That and Beard's selfish decision.

Edit: and that bs non reversal tipped Macon shot.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

BassinHawg

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 19, 2017, 07:21:29 pm
You go away you admited in this thread you have watched 2 games all season .. u don't know shitt

No I didn't, you must be blind, I never said that! LOL
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

trippigs

passinghog

Barford injury hurt us  down the stretch. He didn't have his explosion

TNhawgfan

Quote from: nesjunk on March 19, 2017, 07:19:42 pm
It's called fatigue.  A choke job is when you fold under the pressure.  They were just exhausted.
Yeah taking terrible 30 footers in the last three minutes is fatigue
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Rawker

Quote from: riccoar on March 19, 2017, 07:17:28 pm
Should have been Hannah. Beards better at making 20's.

Hannahs?  Hannahs?  Dude laid the biggest egg of his entire basketball life.  I mean, bless is heart, I love him, he got us here, but he shouldn't have been in at any point in last 10.  Watch again....he caused about 10 TOs.

bigyellowdog

HawgnCorona

So close..Great run Hogs! !! In proud of U....
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HamHands

Quote from: latrops on March 19, 2017, 07:19:21 pm
Macon going out for a few minutes killed us.  He made the offense go tonight.

Ugh, if you didn't notice, they were playing 110% and started cramping in the end.
One day at a time.

rupert

We've been able to get to the free throw a lot at the end of games this year (and surprisingly) have been a great free throw shooting team....Doesn't look like we have any offensive plan or plays

Madface Magician

Arkansas had their chance.  No issues with the refs, but

coolhog

Got to be able to draw up a play at critical time to get good shooter open and don't know how to do that. We dribble around the top of the key, let the clock run down and Jack it up.

Carl Lazlo

There was some bad officiating.  But calm down people. Hogs played their guts out.  I'm happy to see some fight in them.  Next year will be upgraded with athletic ability. Trending up.

UKChamps

Razorbacks#1

Well, its been a nice year. Not as hoped, but that is it. Hope to see everyone next year! Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: XavierZane on March 19, 2017, 07:21:04 pm
Refs did everything they could to give this to NC, but we still nearly had this won.  Great game by the Hogs!  :razorback:

But c'mon... 20 fouls to 10 called, 25 free throw attempts to 8.  Even without all the other things they messed up, that alone is the game.

I'm right there and also here  :'(

Sweet Feet

Anderson has gotten us to the Second Round twice in 3 years. The haters who were quiet most of the game can shut the hell up. MA is doing a great job. The hogs did great today

apcapri

Didn't help that we dug ourselves a 17 point deficit in the first half. If that run comes during a tie game then we blow them out. Great game nonetheless. Way to fight Hogs!

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 19, 2017, 07:21:29 pm
So UNC's didn't play the same amount of mins as Arkansas? I'm sorry but there's no excuse. We folded. Last 3 mins with no bucket, while they went on a 12-0 run. We choked.
If you are running uphill and I'm running downhiill, guess who gets more tired. Again, we were out talented  and still played them toe to toe for most of the game.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Hogsmo Kramer

Guys fought hard regardless and proud of em overall.

Refs really did us no favors late, and I mean none.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

TNhawgfan

Yep. That 12-0 run was all the refs fault too
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hogimus Prime

UNC's length caught up to the Hogs.  They all played their hearts out.

Hogz87

Played UNC much tougher than I thought possible.  Couldn't be prouder of this team and the of the season we had.  We acquitted ourselves very well today.  If we don't fall behind by 30-13, we're not having to try and fend off terrible officials at the end.

Hogsfan1981

refs and that selfish three....other than that great year.

see you next year

Birminghog

Anybody who is not proud of that effort is simply misguided. How could anyone call themselves a fan and not be proud of the effort our guys turned in? Go Hogs.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on March 19, 2017, 07:24:03 pm
Guys fought hard regardless and proud of em overall.

Refs really did us no favors late, and I mean none.

How can you be proud of them when you just dogged them?   
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hawgdavis

Desperately need more bigs , these guys played their ass off and UNC did get a lot of help from the refs

my3boneheads

The tip ball was bad but running over a player while traveling is horrendous.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: alohawg on March 19, 2017, 07:22:15 pm
The foul call on the Bailey steal and the no call charge at the end sealed it for them.
That and Beard's selfish decision.

Edit: and that bs non reversal tipped Macon shot.

I agree with all of that 100% except about beard

hog.goblin

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on March 19, 2017, 07:20:48 pm
We will miss our seniors, but the next few years should be fun.

I agree, Macon and Barford have adjusted.  Hopefully Trey and Bailey can have a good offseason.  Cook and Thomas will be good role players.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

hogfan10

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 19, 2017, 07:19:44 pm
Quit with the "Refs screwed us" bull. We went 3 mins with no points with UNC on a 12-0 run. That was on us. They finished. We didn't. Hell of a game though.

True, but some of that 12-0 run was the result of the refs bad calls/no calls.

HogCzar1

Man, I know you are an ASU fan, but is that the best you have?

hoglady

What Hog fan could bash this team and coach tonight.
They put it all on the line - we get some calls that SHOULD have gone our way the last couple of minutes and it might have been a different outcome.

I'm excited for the future - Beard, Barford, Macon, Bailey - they did GOOD, really GOOD.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Flighthawg

Free throws kept nc in the game.  We got out of offensive rhythm last couple mins.  We waited too long to start to move.  I know we tried to limit touches for nc but didn't work this time. 
Good season !  Hope we dont have people leave early.

HawgnCorona

factchecker

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 19, 2017, 07:25:02 pm
WTH are you talking about? Get off the rag and get out of your feelings bitch

How far did you team go this season?  Jonesboro make it to the NIT?  CBI?  How about the never going to make the tourney invitational?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

nesjunk

You are changing the argument.  I said they were tired.  I didn't say anything about whether or not they should be.  Your definition of "choke job" is just wrong.  Look it up.

BassinHawg

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 19, 2017, 07:24:01 pm
I'm not going back through all this crap maybe it wasn't you but pretty sure you said u watched one other game besides this one .. any way screw it see ya next year .. it was a fun ride

Wasn't me and I watched more than 20 if that makes you happier.

And yes, this was one of their best performances, just can't go 3.5 minutes without scoring.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

reptilehog

Proud of this team.  Bailey is going to come along next year and Gafford coming in.  Future is bright.  8/9 seeds are the toughest.