• 381,290 Topics
• 21,261 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down

Author Topic: GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs North Carolina  (Read 7301 times)

realistichog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs North Carolina
« Reply #1250 on: March 19, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »

We fought so hard to get back in the game and actually put ourselves in a position to win but it looked like we just ran out of gas. That is the only reason I can think of for us standing around on offense for the last 4 minutes.

Hogsmo Kramer

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Giddy Up and pass me a homebrew!!!!!
« Reply #1251 on: March 19, 2017, 08:00:10 pm »

Beard and Barford played their asses off on one leg and people want to bash. I want a player that is not afraid to take that shot and it almost went. If it had and we would have somehow pulled it out the same people bashing Beard would have been praising him. Don't get it. Yea I do it's a loser mentality.

Not really man. If he'd have made it, as soon as he was setting up I'd have yelled "no Beard" but of course been happy it went in. But that's not his shot unless you have no chance to dish to a better 3 point shooter.

All of the guys played their butts off and played well and pointing out a play like that, one play, doesn't take away that effort nor mean it cost us the game. It's just one play, but was a poor decision still IMO.

Is what it is but just because someone calls out a bad play doesn't mean they're calling out the whole team or even that player. Beard played hard, he just took a shot too quick and I'd liked for him to have tried to look for someone else to take it. He didn't, so be it, such is sports.

They played a tough game though regardless, all of them, and showed a lot of heart, including Beard.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

factchecker

• All-American Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!

hogginbama

« Reply #1253 on: March 19, 2017, 08:12:25 pm »

Sad thing is all the "fans" calling out Beard couldn't even dribble a ball much less run up and down the court.  No wonder Macon said what he did earlier in the year about some so called fans....

They will not admit Beard was huge in the come back from 17 down. Kid played to his ability tonight. They say that shot wasn't his but will not remember the three he made before that from the same spot. Those young men played their hearts out tonight and left it on the court. When have we ever seen these guys going out with cramps? Never have, but that is a testament to how hard they had to play amd scramble to make up the deficit and overcome the NC lead.

Hogz87

« Reply #1254 on: March 19, 2017, 08:14:40 pm »

I think we showed tonight that, by the end of the year, we really might've been one of the 12-15 best teams in the country.  It's unfortunate we had so/too many ups-and-downs for so much of the season, because our 8-seed was unfortunate but probably justified.  However, by the end of our season, I think we were a legit top 15 team.

Couldn't be prouder of this team.  One thing we saw all year, even at the most frustrating times, is that this team had a ton of heart and fight and they never laid down.  Let's build on this next year and get back to the Sweet 16 for the first time in 22 years. 

hawgdavis

• Senior
« Reply #1255 on: March 19, 2017, 08:16:38 pm »

Not really man. If he'd have made it, as soon as he was setting up I'd have yelled "no Beard" but of course been happy it went in. But that's not his shot unless you have no chance to dish to a better 3 point shooter.

All of the guys played their butts off and played well and pointing out a play like that, one play, doesn't take away that effort nor mean it cost us the game. It's just one play, but was a poor decision still IMO.

Is what it is but just because someone calls out a bad play doesn't mean they're calling out the whole team or even that player. Beard played hard, he just took a shot too quick and I'd liked for him to have tried to look for someone else to take it. He didn't, so be it, such is sports.

They played a tough game though regardless, all of them, and showed a lot of heart, including Beard.

I'm upset about the people on here bashing him and saying he is selfish. He played big, was not afraid of the moment and played really well in the second half not to mention he was playing hurt. Maybe he should have dished it off but it doesn't deserve the bashing some on here gave him. He is all Hog and gave his all, that's what really matters, everyone left it all on the floor even thru a poorly even a biased officiated game that punched us in the gut when it counted the most.

hawgdavis

• Senior
« Reply #1256 on: March 19, 2017, 08:23:11 pm »

Unless SC gets up big against Duke the refs will decide that one too. Mark it down. SEC is sorry may a$$. 2 ACC teams left 1 or 2 big least teams left , as much as I hate UK the SEC has 3 still in it and I think 2 that will get to the final 4 and wouldn't be suprised if UF wins it all.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #1257 on: March 19, 2017, 08:24:47 pm »

UNC was called for 10 fouls.....in the entire game.

5-8 from the FTL for Arkansas
19-24 for UNC.
I've said this season that we didn't really have a high quality win. I stand corrected , we beat UNC . Just couldn't beat the other 3 on the floor . The last 4 minutes , they mugged our guys . several of Hannah's turnovers were muggings . Next year should be good after we get settled in . We out played UNC but got killed at the foul line .

Hogsmo Kramer

• Giddy Up and pass me a homebrew!!!!!
« Reply #1258 on: March 19, 2017, 08:30:10 pm »

I'm upset about the people on here bashing him and saying he is selfish. He played big, was not afraid of the moment and played really well in the second half not to mention he was playing hurt. Maybe he should have dished it off but it doesn't deserve the bashing some on here gave him. He is all Hog and gave his all, that's what really matters, everyone left it all on the floor even thru a poorly even a biased officiated game that punched us in the gut when it counted the most.

Ok gotcha.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #1259 on: March 19, 2017, 08:30:45 pm »

I've said this season that we didn't really have a high quality win. I stand corrected , we beat UNC . Just couldn't beat the other 3 on the floor . The last 4 minutes , they mugged our guys . several of Hannah's turnovers were muggings . Next year should be good after we get settled in . We out played UNC but got killed at the foul line .

Next year is going to be a slow start, particularly with a tough preseason tournament and a lack of a proven frontcourt.

That said, the team has the potential to be every bit as good as this one by the end of the year.

hog.goblin

• It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning.
« Reply #1260 on: March 19, 2017, 08:43:10 pm »

Next year is going to be a slow start, particularly with a tough preseason tournament and a lack of a proven frontcourt.

That said, the team has the potential to be every bit as good as this one by the end of the year.

This

HawgnCorona

« Reply #1261 on: March 19, 2017, 09:28:54 pm »

I excited for next year....

WPS!!!

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #1262 on: March 19, 2017, 09:36:38 pm »

Tough loss ,Great Effort and I am Proud of this Team. Great Season.

Madface Magician

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1263 on: March 19, 2017, 10:24:22 pm »

There was some bad officiating.  But calm down people. Hogs played their guts out.  I'm happy to see some fight in them.  Next year will be upgraded with athletic ability. Trending up.
Unless you have been through the wars as I have (17 years retired) , keep your mouth shut......I can verify 99.9% that the stripes in this game could have cared less who won or lost

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #1264 on: March 19, 2017, 10:28:28 pm »

Unless you have been through the wars as I have (17 years retired) , keep your mouth shut......I can verify 99.9% that the stripes in this game could have cared less who won or lost

hitten' the sauce a bit much, eh?

Jborohog09

• Hogvillian
  • Love the Wolves and love the Hogs.
« Reply #1265 on: March 19, 2017, 10:33:18 pm »

Wut.

Madface Magician

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1266 on: March 19, 2017, 10:38:40 pm »

hitten' the sauce a bit much, eh?
I worked as an NCAA ref from 1995- 2012....

hog.goblin

• It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning.
« Reply #1267 on: March 20, 2017, 08:21:14 am »

Then why did you quote one of the tamest posts about officiating in this thread?  Kind of like a ticky tack call while letting all the obvious ones go uncalled.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

southarkhog06

« Reply #1268 on: March 20, 2017, 08:26:46 am »

I'm confused I thought you were at war???

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
« Reply #1269 on: March 20, 2017, 12:18:46 pm »

I'm confused I thought you were at war???
War with himself and jim bean.....

Dropkick

« Reply #1270 on: March 27, 2017, 09:12:09 am »

Congrats hogs.  Impressive final game. 
Right back at you. Hahahahahahahaaha.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #1271 on: March 27, 2017, 06:37:59 pm »

Right back at you. Hahahahahahahaaha.

Beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas