Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 21 THREAD: Arkansas (16-4, 2-0 SEC) vs Mississippi State (12-8, 0-2 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 19, 2017, 12:34:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 21 THREAD
          ARKANSAS (16-4, 2-0 SEC) vs Mississippi State (12-8, 0-2 SEC)

Sunday's First Pitch is set for 1:00 pm and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.. This game will be streamed on the SEC+.   . 

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

ucahogfan and Maddhog will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, Cornfed Pig, Maddhog and JHicks3636 will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to Extra Innings and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversation. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Kevin

Not to complain, but it say Saturday's game. First pitch at 7pm.

Shouldn't be Sunday's game starting at 1. On sec plus
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JonClaudeVanHam

Going to make it to the park today. Will be the only one I can catch all year.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

southarkhog06

Atmosphere was great last night, me and the wife will be in attendance tonight on the balcony just under the press box. She surprised me with those tickets for my birthday, knew there was a reason I kept her around.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Kevin on March 19, 2017, 07:26:39 am
Not to complain, but it say Saturday's game. First pitch at 7pm.

Shouldn't be Sunday's game starting at 1. On sec plus
Corrected.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

MissippHog

I grew up playing ball with State's LF's dad and watched the kid grow up 8 houses up the street.  While I'll be secretly hoping he gets out of this funk he's in, I'm looking for a Hog W so I can have a broom waiting on their doorstep when they get back from Fayetteville.   :)

And I've said it before but it's worth saying again, I can't thank you guys enough for the play-by-play.  Most of my weekends are spent at the ball fields with my younger boys and it's awesome that I can get on here a few times during the game and know exactly what's going on / has taken place.   :razorback:

jry04

Jake Mangum is pitching for State today. That should be interesting. He has thrown 3 hitless innings so far this year, but not sure he has faced a lineup like ours.

Razorbacks#1

Razorbacks Line Up:

RF - Jake Arledge
3B- Chad Spanberger
LF - Luke Bonfield
C - Grant Koch
2B - Carson Shaddy
CF - Dominic Fletcher
1B - Jordan McFarland
DH - Eric Cole
SS - Jax Biggers

P - Josh Alberius

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Mississippi State Line Up:

P - Jake Mangum
SS - Ryan Gridley
RF - Brent Rooker
LF - Elijah MacNamee
1B - Cole Gordon
2B - Luke Alexander
3B - Harrison Bragg
C - Dustin Skelton
CF - Tanner Poole

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Quote from: jry04 on March 19, 2017, 11:57:05 am
Jake Mangum is pitching for State today. That should be interesting. He has thrown 3 hitless innings so far this year, but not sure he has faced a lineup like ours.

And as a result they lose their DH.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: jry04 on March 19, 2017, 11:57:05 am

A look at their season stats confirms that State just doesn't have a satisfactory third starter right now.

http://static.hailstate.com/custompages/stats/bb/2017/teamcume.htm

jry04

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 19, 2017, 12:01:54 pm
And as a result they lose their DH.
MSU has him listed as their P/DH. I believe as long as he doesn't play in the field he can continue to DH. Once he changes to a position in the field, then the new P must hit.

So when he is pulled, he will not play in the field and will just continue to bat. If they move him to OF he will continue to hit 1st, but be listed as the new position and the P will hit in the spot of the player who was subbed out of the field for Mangum. I may be wrong, but that seems to be how UK used to do it with their 1b/P and we did with Eibner back in the day.

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on March 19, 2017, 12:22:25 pm
MSU has him listed as their P/DH. I believe as long as he doesn't play in the field he can continue to DH. Once he changes to a position in the field, then the new P must hit.

So when he is pulled, he will not play in the field and will just continue to bat. If they move him to OF he will continue to hit 1st, but be listed as the new position and the P will hit in the spot of the player who was subbed out of the field for Mangum. I may be wrong, but that seems to be how UK used to do it with their 1b/P and we did with Eibner back in the day.
Yeah, that is how it works.  Mangum can still continue to hit as their DH once coming out, but if he comes in to play CF, MSU will lose their DH and the P will have to bat in the spot of who Mangum replaces.

DVH has mention that this is how we will probably handle Evan Lee next year if he is a weekend starter for us.  He will be the P/DH on the days he toes the bump.

JHicks3636

That is correct. The pitcher will have to hit all day. Therefore no DH.

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 19, 2017, 12:34:53 pm
That is correct. The pitcher will have to hit all day. Therefore no DH.
Mangum is their DH as well.  If he is knocked out on the mound in the 2nd like we did to their guy last night, he will remain in the game as their DH.

ucahogfan

Would have to think it is all hands on deck today in the pen for the Hogs except for Knight, Stephan, and Chadwick.

And I am interested to see how McFarland handles his first SEC action.  He has some big time power to add to an already powerful lineup.

JHicks3636

spal, any pregame photos from the stadium today? Weather, crowd looking good?

ricepig

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |LOB
MST       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 
ARK       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Mangum caught looking as Alberius paints the inside corner with a fastball.  Same pitch that Stephan got Mangum twice with last night.

ucahogfan

Gridley down swinging as Alberius throws a slider that breaks down and away from the RHH.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Rooker got just a little too far off 1B and paid for it.  Alberius picks him off to end the inning.

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                      0

MST     0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  1  | 0  | 0 
ARK       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Arledge works the count full, and he draws a leadoff walk on the 8th pitch of the AB.

ucahogfan

Arledge moves to 2nd as Mangum throws a fastball 55 feet.  Will be scored a wild pitch.

ucahogfan

Spanberger hits a slow roller up the 1B and is tagged out by Mangum halfway between home and 1B, but it moves Arledge over to 3B with 1 out.  Productive out.

ucahogfan

Bonfield hits a grounder right back to the P and Arledge is out in a pickle 1-5-2.  Bonfield on 1B with 2 outs.

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 2nd                      0

MST     0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  1  | 0  | 0 
ARK     0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1 

THUNDER!

tennesseehogwild

Eerily similar to the way last night started out with us stranding runner in 1st inning. Hopefully we fix this.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Gordon grounds one up the middle as Shaddy tags MacNamme (4U), but does not have enough time to complete the double play.

ucahogfan

Alexander grounds a single through the hole into LF.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 1 out.

ucahogfan

Bragg grounds into a pitcher's best friend - a 6-4-3 DP to end the inning.

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 2nd                      0

MST     0| 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  3  | 0  | 1 
ARK     0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1 

THUNDER!

SPAL

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 19, 2017, 12:48:58 pm
spal, any pregame photos from the stadium today? Weather, crowd looking good?

I didn't make it out today.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 3rd                      0

MST     0| 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  3  | 0  | 1 
ARK     0| 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1 

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

tennesseehogwild