Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Sorry SEC.......

Started by ShadowHawg, March 17, 2017, 11:38:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 19, 2017, 01:46:07 pm
If Unc and Duke square off in the finals it will be because they were set up with favorable seeds in favorable locations and most likely benefit from favorable officiating.

This is as unfavorable of a location as they could have given Duke. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: verticalhog on March 19, 2017, 01:58:42 pm
Nobody's arguing that the top of the ACC isn't good.  The point is that they shouldn't have NINE teams in the tourney.  6 at most.

Name the 3 ACC teams that shouldn't have gotten in and the 3 teams that should have gotten in over them. I'll hear you out.

Letsroll1200

The SEC could have had 4 teams in the last 16 teams in the tournament. It's time to get rid of the poor SEC talk. It's a battle every game.

Youngsta71701

I think the SEC has proven their worth now. They have put the rest of the college basketball world on notice. We're coming boys... ;D :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 19, 2017, 09:58:54 pm
The SEC could have had 4 teams in the last 16 teams in the tournament. It's time to get rid of the poor SEC talk. It's a battle every game.

It isn't.  Doesn't change what the other 9 teams were.   Better than recent seasons because the bottom didn't have as many bad teams.  Little deeper and little better this season. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Youngsta71701

Duke has a bunch of spoiled crybabies. They complain about every call that doesn't go their way. Ridiculous... :'( :'( :'(

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2017, 10:01:46 pm
It isn't.  Doesn't change what the other 9 teams were.   Better than recent seasons because the bottom didn't have as many bad teams.  Little deeper and little better this season.
3 out of 5 in the sweet 16 ain't bad. Not bad a all... :-\. Not to mention strong showings by the other two schools. Still crazy how the smart school gave there's away though.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 19, 2017, 10:00:45 pm
I think the SEC has proven their worth now. They have put the rest of the college basketball world on notice. We're coming boys... ;D :razorback:

I remember you calling 3 SEC teams in the Sweet 16 before the tournament. Good call. Hate that the Hogs barely missed making it 4 teams.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 19, 2017, 10:05:55 pm
3 out of 5 in the sweet 16 ain't bad. Not bad a all... :-\

It's good having a team join UK and UF on the big stage. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 19, 2017, 10:07:13 pm
I remember you calling 3 SEC teams in the Sweet 16 before the tournament. Good call. Hate that the Hogs barely missed making it 4 teams.
Yep, still hurt. We almost shocked the world... :'( :'( :'( :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Dr. Starcs

hawgdavis

We didn't extend our lead like SC did where the refs couldn't fix it. Too bad they can't call it straight up.

hawgdavis

hawgdavis

hawgdavis

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 19, 2017, 10:32:30 pm
UCLA is a hand full

I picked them to win the region of death.

hawgdavis

hawgdavis

I can't stand Bill Walton but he may be correct though they may very well win it all

Hawg Red

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

rtr

To all you naysayers, time to walk down the chumpwalk and bend over.  Don't worry there is plenty of lube to ease your pain.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

goodguytex

The SEC has historically generally done very well in the NCAA tournament. I knew they would again. I just wish Arkansas could've been a part of it and hadn't been robbed like we were. We deserved to be there.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/NotJerryTipton/status/845499181892583425

Greg Sankey‏Verified account @GregSankey 7h7 hours ago

Let me think for just a second...#ItJustMeansMore than two...let's make it three!
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net