Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No surprise from ESPN

Started by mhsbc59, March 17, 2017, 11:16:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhsbc59

Just saw our game highlight on ESPN and surprise surprise the only thing they showed was the foul how we should all feel bad for SH player then cut to the coach's and what they thought of the call.  :puke:
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

ShadowHawg

Beasley's block was the biggest play of the game.

moses_007

Danny J

Just goes to show how apathetic the national media/markets are towards our program and it will take beating a one seed on national TV type of victory to get us back on the right track to respectability.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: moses_007 on March 17, 2017, 11:20:51 pm
Who is this Beasley?

The guy Vitale talked to in our locker room before the Kentucky game.

mhsbc59

Who is this Beasley?

You know Noah Beasley the mouse not the man that plays for arkansas
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Iwastherein1969

Just enjoy the fact that we took a point away from Dickie V's bracket. Also, Dickie V's an alum of Seton Hall.    :D
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

mhsbc59

The block didn't even make SC top 10

Raymond Zorback

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 17, 2017, 11:16:28 pm
Just saw our game highlight on ESPN and surprise surprise the only thing they showed was the foul how we should all feel bad for SH player then cut to the coach's and what they thought of the call.  :puke:

No such thing as bad publicity.  They probably wouldn't have even talked about our game otherwise.  Oh well, there are only 32 teams left and we're part of it so I'm happy!
You can call me Ray.

mhsbc59

Oh my God the women on SportsCenter are so dumb

PharmacistHog

Good God will yall PLEASE stop being victims?  We won the game. The foul was the correct call but it was an interesting part of the game. Nobody is out to get us. Geez.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

mhsbc59

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 18, 2017, 12:04:02 am
Good God will yall PLEASE stop being victims?  We won the game. The foul was the correct call but it was an interesting part of the game. Nobody is out to get us. Geez.
Not say the foul wasn't a part of the game but there where plenty of other highlight they could have showed in probely the best game of the day

mhsbc59

Again on the west coast ESPN it's all about the foul. Nothing about mosses going off for 23 points 4 blocks and 4 rebounds. It's so sicking

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 18, 2017, 12:06:17 am
Not say the foul wasn't a part of the game but there where plenty of other highlight they could have showed in probely the best game of the day

just glad it wasn't the other way around and happened to us. I am pretty sure I would be pissed. But I know the rule and I know they got it right. We still win the game anyway it goes I think.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 18, 2017, 12:00:54 am

Yeah they said we've made the second round of the tournament twice and have been beaten by unc both times. 

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hog Pharm on March 18, 2017, 12:22:12 am
Yeah they said we've made the second round of the tournament twice and have been beaten by unc both times. 
Yeah it not like we have been to 4 final fours and have along a rich tournament history the made it sound like we have only ever been to the tournament 3 times ever

Hog Pharm

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 18, 2017, 12:26:54 am
Yeah it not like we have been to 4 final fours and have along a rich tournament history the made it sound like we have only ever been to the tournament 3 times ever

6 but who's counting

Rawker

Quote from: Danny J on March 17, 2017, 11:22:30 pm
Just goes to show how apathetic the national media/markets are towards our program and it will take beating a one seed on national TV type of victory to get us back on the right track to respectability.

Who cares?  Is Arkansas now running for President of Basketball?  We just want a solid program to where we can be in on this fun year and year out.  That's all you can hope for.  If recruits are starting to put Arkansas on their map, that's all that matters.  Media apathy towards the Hogs....who gives a crap?

Dwillhog66

Quote from: Hog Pharm on March 18, 2017, 12:31:35 am
6 but who's counting

6 final 4's. Not sure how many times we've been in the tournament but Richardson made it 13 times in his tenure

The Kig

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on March 18, 2017, 12:21:39 am
just glad it wasn't the other way around and happened to us. I am pretty sure I would be pissed. But I know the rule and I know they got it right. We still win the game anyway it goes I think.

It was an awful call, but happy it went our way. 
Poker Porker

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: The Kig on March 18, 2017, 02:54:10 am

But it was the correct call, per the rule.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Didn't get to see the game, was busy.  There is a good possibility that we could b in Seton's shoes on Sunday.  Hope we learned from that call.

popcornhog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on March 17, 2017, 11:18:47 pm
Shame they didn't show that. Media continuing to show their bias

Wait, what?! Now the media has a pro Seton Hall bias?

Classic hogville.
WPS

hoglady

Quote from: 12247 on March 18, 2017, 04:50:54 am
Didn't get to see the game, was busy.  There is a good possibility that we could b in Seton's shoes on Sunday.  Hope we learned from that call.

I'd take that. A one possession game with under a minute to play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogman99

Quote from: popcornhog on March 18, 2017, 06:32:49 am
Wait, what?! Now the media has a pro Seton Hall bias?

Classic hogville.

Don't forget how much the refs suck....... every game.

Athog

It was an awful mistake by Seton Hall. Most officials would not have made the call. By definition of the rules it was the correct call. Don't apologize for the correct call. The game was horribly officiated with inconsistent calls throughout.

hawgmasta

Who is this Beasley?

A ruffian, a thug, a flagrant foul machine. Sick Vitale knows him well.

LZH

Quote from: Athog on March 18, 2017, 07:39:11 am
It was an awful mistake by Seton Hall. Most officials would not have made the call. By definition of the rules it was the correct call. Don't apologize for the correct call. The game was horribly officiated with inconsistent calls throughout.

When the refs were huddled up, I never expected to get that call. But as they turned to the table, before the commentator even finished his sentence I knew by the tone of his voice that we had it won.

If it were called a normal foul, that game could have gone the other way. I know they didn't hit any more shots, but had we missed the front end of the 1 & 1, who can say what would have happened. A long pass, a run out and a layup? Different game then.

Considering how bad they were abusing us on the boards on their end, I'll take it.....all day every day.

ICEman

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 17, 2017, 11:17:40 pm
Beasley's block was the biggest play of the game.
Beasley the beast's best basketball block!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hogcard1964

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 18, 2017, 12:00:54 am

+1000

ESPN is hard to watch.

mhsbc59

Quote from: ICEman on March 18, 2017, 07:53:20 am
Beasley the beast's best basketball block!

This needs to be made into a poster

supersaint

Watching Sec Now on Secn.  Not seeing any hog highlights.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Hogcephus

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on March 18, 2017, 01:26:06 am
6 final 4's. Not sure how many times we've been in the tournament but Richardson made it 13 times in his tenure

This is our 31st trip to the tournament. We have 42 wins and 30 losses after yesterday's game. We have a very strong tradition that many other programs would love to have.

Snorts

It was called a common foul at first, because the Refs suspected that after replay it would be upgraded to an F1.  You can go that way, but apparently can't go the other.  So the process for an F1 started with the call.

I was watching with others and the moment the call was made we all had some sort of comment like...he wasn't playing the ball, or that could be flagrant.  Our bench erupted with people calling for a flagrant.  The call didn't come from out of the air.  You have to at least pretend you are going for the ball.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on March 18, 2017, 07:52:08 am
When the refs were huddled up, I never expected to get that call. But as they turned to the table, before the commentator even finished his sentence I knew by the tone of his voice that we had it won.

If it were called a normal foul, that game could have gone the other way. I know they didn't hit any more shots, but had we missed the front end of the 1 & 1, who can say what would have happened. A long pass, a run out and a layup? Different game then.

Considering how bad they were abusing us on the boards on their end, I'll take it.....all day every day.
I heard one of the refs say "two shots" when they were coming out of the review. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 18, 2017, 10:44:46 am
I heard one of the refs say "two shots" when they were coming out of the review. 
Didn't we go into the double bonus after that foul? I think it would have been 2'shots anyway. Could be wrong..
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PonderinHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 18, 2017, 10:54:15 am
Didn't we go into the double bonus after that foul? I think it would have been 2'shots anyway. Could be wrong..
Not sure, but when I heard that I was surprised.  The thing about that foul was the more you look at it, the more flagrant it looks.  Live, it didn't look too bad, but slow it down and it looked flagrant as hell. 

Is my bias showing ???

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on March 18, 2017, 01:26:06 am

Between Sutton & Nolan, 22+ straight, consecutive NCAA appearances, I think (there may be a year or two in there that were NIT appearances.......)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ATLHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 18, 2017, 12:04:02 am
YES YES YES- exactly right. National media is not conspiring against the Arkansas sports programs. I watched the CBS/Turner networks coverage all night and each time they showed Hogs replay it featured THE BLOCK as well as non-partisan commentary on the final score.
C'MON MAN

Pig in the Pokey

no it wasnt/ he pushed him from behind. That's always a flagrant.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 12247 on March 18, 2017, 04:50:54 am
Are you serious Clark? You skipped the NCAA Tourney GAME???? What, pray tell, was sooooooo important? I notice you didnt say "work". Did the wife do that to you , bro?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ATLHog on March 18, 2017, 11:01:31 am
YES YES YES- exactly right. National media is not conspiring against the Arkansas sports programs. I watched the CBS/Turner networks coverage all night and each time they showed Hogs replay it featured THE BLOCK as well as non-partisan commentary on the final score.
C'MON MAN
ok, dude. sigh. One does not have to have an active conspiracy against another to still not treat them fairly. It's very obvious we dont get treated the same.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 18, 2017, 11:01:25 am
Between Sutton & Nolan, 22+ straight, consecutive NCAA appearances, I think (there may be a year or two in there that were NIT appearances.......)

I remember the hogs playing A state in the NIT early in Nolans time here. We won by the skin of our teeth. So there was a break in there

Richard_white

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on March 18, 2017, 06:11:15 pm
I remember the hogs playing A state in the NIT early in Nolans time here. We won by the skin of our teeth. So there was a break in there

Ron Huery was the hero in that game.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: Richard_white on March 18, 2017, 06:18:06 pm
Ron Huery was the hero in that game.

I can't remember the stars in that game but I definitely remember being down by a ton at one point. Didn't Whitby have a big game too?

Hollywood870

Who is this Beasley?
Look. This dude doesn't even know our players names you guys.

Richard_white

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on March 18, 2017, 06:20:10 pm
I can't remember the stars in that game but I definitely remember being down by a ton at one point. Didn't Whitby have a big game too?

If I remember right, Whitby scored to put it to OT.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 18, 2017, 06:21:09 pm
Look. This dude doesn't even know our players names you guys.
First name Mouses, right ???

AlmaHog2011

100% correct call. I wish it wasn't called we still win the game. But it's now what decided the game. Our players deserve better.

BrooklynRoss

Who is this Beasley?

Really close family friend of Dick Vitale, plays for Arkansas under an alias.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.