Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Reaves

Started by Nosboar Accubond, March 17, 2017, 08:07:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

6'5" freshman PG from Newark, AR playing for Wichita State. Flat out can ball. First time I've seen him and he can shoot and move. Glad to see an Arkansas boy playing in the tourney no matter who's roster he's on (except the ones that play for the blue team...)

Razorod

The comparison would be with CJ Jones. They play roughly the same position, similar height.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ShadowHawg

He had an offer here but didn't have the grades. Wichita allowed him to commit ahead of making them, so he did.

WS got a nice player.

Nosboar Accubond

I think he holds the record for points scores in the state tourney right? He's a solid player, glad to see he got his grades in order.

Razorod

He'd been a good fit for us. If Marshall leaves, maybe he could transfer back in?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on March 17, 2017, 08:07:08 pm
6'5" freshman PG from Newark, AR playing for Wichita State. Flat out can ball. First time I've seen him and he can shoot and move. Glad to see an Arkansas boy playing in the tourney no matter who's roster he's on (except the ones that play for the blue team...)
I immediately ran to the box score after reading this post.  Thanks for nothing. 

RaisinHog

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 17, 2017, 08:31:23 pm
I immediately ran to the box score after reading this post.  Thanks for nothing.

Lol I was thinking u figured all of this out from about 3 min of playing time and 2 free throws ...

labb

My understanding, and there has been much discussion about it, is that Reaves did not have the grades to play for us in the SEC but did qualify at Wichita State. Shame, kid can flat out ball.

poloprince

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 17, 2017, 08:31:23 pm
$PoLoPrInCe$

rude1

Reminds the coach of Pete Maravich? Let's not set the bar so low for this kid Coach Marshall !!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Razorod on March 17, 2017, 08:15:25 pm
The comparison would be with CJ Jones. They play roughly the same position, similar height.

I like CJ Jones's long term project in our program better.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on March 17, 2017, 08:42:32 pm
Reminds the coach of Pete Maravich? Let's not set the bar so low for this kid Coach Marshall !!
when I heard that I almost pissed myself

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 17, 2017, 08:46:48 pm
I like CJ Jones's long term project in our program better.
And I heard CMA mention he reminds him of Jordan...

Hawg Red

Very strange timing for a tribute thread (4 minutes, 0/1 from the field, 2/2 from the foul line, 1 rebound, 1 turnover). Not sure how he could have shown very much.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danny J on March 17, 2017, 08:48:05 pm
And I heard CMA mention he reminds him of Jordan...
Varsity Jordan ???  The one that didn't make the team ???

I guess we aren't going to see CJ again this year.  Man, I hope he stays at least one more year.

Hogz87

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on March 17, 2017, 08:07:08 pm
How did you glean all of this, especially the part where he can shoot, from a game he shot 0/1 from the floor and played four minutes? 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 17, 2017, 08:56:52 pm
How did you glean all of this, especially the part where he can shoot, from a game he shot 0/1 from the floor and played four minutes?
hahahah i thought of that also
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Danny J

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2017, 08:53:27 pm

I guess we aren't going to see CJ again this year.  Man, I hope he stays at least one more year.
Nope...GOAT jordan...if Reaves is the reincarnation of Pistol Pete then CJ is a clone of Jordan

jjdlc

Quote from: labb on March 17, 2017, 08:39:45 pm
My understanding, and there has been much discussion about it, is that Reaves did not have the grades to play for us in the SEC but did qualify at Wichita State. Shame, kid can flat out ball.

NCAA D1 entrance requirements are the same across the board for high school kids.  The only difference for SEC is for JUCO kids.  Reaves qualified very late in the process.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danny J on March 17, 2017, 09:24:32 pm
Nope...GOAT jordan...if Reaves is the reincarnation of Pistol Pete then CJ is a clone of Jordan
We coulda used a Jordan type player this year.   You know, like in a supporting role.   ;D

sickboy

Kid was amazing tonight.

PonderinHog

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jjdlc on March 17, 2017, 09:56:30 pm
NCAA D1 entrance requirements are the same across the board for high school kids.  The only difference for SEC is for JUCO kids.  Reaves qualified very late in the process.

Word at the high school was he didn't get qualified until after signing day.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jjdlc

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 17, 2017, 10:08:30 pm
Word at the high school was he didn't get qualified until after signing day.

That's what I meant by late...

We weren't willing to chance it, Wichita St. was.  There was some people shocked that he managed to qualify at all.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jjdlc on March 17, 2017, 10:17:31 pm
That's what I meant by late...

We weren't willing to chance it, Wichita St. was.  There was some people shocked that he managed to qualify at all.

^^^agree
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

daprospecta

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2017, 08:53:27 pm

Whitt saw the writing on the wall with Macon and Barford and left. C.J. will have a chance to play next year. He is at a power 5 school and is poised to be the future. I doubt he leaves.