Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dustin Thomas

Started by Piglet Dispersion Syndrome, March 17, 2017, 03:38:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Easy player to bash on this team, but went 6-9 FG's, 13pts, with 5 RB's. Logged 31 minutes, even more than Macon. Kudos!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Piglet Dispersion Syndrome on March 17, 2017, 03:38:37 pm
Easy player to bash on this team, but went 6-9 FG's, 13pts, with 5 RB's. Logged 31 minutes, even more than Macon. Kudos!

6-9 field goals is pretty good, but at what distances?  And he is 5 running backs?  I don't get it...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 17, 2017, 03:47:02 pm
6-9 field goals is pretty good, but at what distances?  And he is 5 running backs?  I don't get it...

6-9 fg sounds a lot like Alex Tejeda.

lumphog

DUSTIN SHOWED OUT TODAY!!!! we don't win without him

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: lumphog on March 17, 2017, 03:59:38 pm
DUSTIN SHOWED OUT TODAY!!!! we don't win without him

Agree wholeheartedly

Stewhog 11

Thomas balled today and there's no denying it. Easily his best game of the season.

The Boar War

Solid game for Thomas.  There was a 7-8 minute stretch in the second half when SH dared him to shoot.

Bigmac2

The remarkable thing was 31 minutes without fouling out. I cringed every time he had the ball but those 6-8 foot jumpers looked pretty.

Razorpigg

That was the best game of DT's career to date, especially given the circumstances.  He stepped up big today and deserves all the kudos he can muster.  He sure gets slammed plenty on here...

BigSexyHog

If he could only average 10-12 per game.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ShadowHawg

He was huge in the second half. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Thomas and Moses both had career days.

Kevin McPherson

He also led the Hogs with 3 assists and had a steal and a blocked shot. He and Moses carried Hogs today. I thought UA guards were ALL off, which I can't remember any games when all 5 have struggled like that in the same game.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Bigmac2 on March 17, 2017, 04:10:04 pm
The remarkable thing was 31 minutes without fouling out. I cringed every time he had the ball but those 6-8 foot jumpers looked pretty.

He knocked down several 15-footers today. Got a tough, off-balance lay-up to go, too.

Biggus Piggus

Now Thomas needs to teach all this to Beard.
[CENSORED]!

Razorpigg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 17, 2017, 05:04:01 pm
Now Thomas needs to teach all this to Beard.

I know thats right!  What do yall think is up with Beard? He has been on a different planet than the rest of us for a few weeks now.

Rawker

Quote from: Razorpigg on March 17, 2017, 05:04:59 pm
I know thats right!  What do yall think is up with Beard? He has been on a different planet than the rest of us for a few weeks now.

Uh....he's the same, it's just that Hannahs is revealing more of what he brings to the table through hard work, and Macon and Barford are upper level college BBall talents, so whatever made Beard look valuable in the past has been made moot by players in front of him who are genuinely valuable.  I wish he would do better, because MA keeps running him out there for minutes well beyond what he deserves, but as the talent on the team increases, it's going to further expose what he is.   

PonderinHog

Dusty would probably foul out if Beard didn't get the minutes he gets. 

VivanLosCaniches!

Props to Thomas, cause he had some of his habitual mistakes early too.  Fought through that and gave us some real quality minutes when we needed them in the second half.

We will ABSOLUTELY need every bit of THIS Thomas, and more to beat UNC.  They are very tough inside.  He has to play big and at least grab boards and be give stellar defensive activity. 

AlmaHog2011

He was the difference in the game he gave us some big baskets. He always plays hard and seems to try and rebound. Hope he continues to knock down the open shot.

We need him at that position becuase I just don't think we have another option.

ronmahony

I was impressed with him today, towards the start of the game he shot about a five foot air ball and I was thinking here we go again, but after that he caught on fire. I wish he would work on getting both hands on the ball when trying to rebound. I have noticed he gets a hand on a lot of rebounds but loses the ball. A little more work and I believe he will be a good rebounder, because he does get a lot of touches. If him and Moses play like that Sunday and the rest get hot, we have a good chance.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

BrooklynRoss

My hat is off to Dustin Thomas. He came to play, and play big, in the biggest game of the year (so far). He played fantastic defense and made SH regret giving him open shots. Kingsley was the man-of-the-match, but Dustin proved he belongs on the court.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

upperdeck_hawg

You could tell SH scouted him well and dared him to shoot. Great time to have his best game as a hog.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

TomasPistola

Thomas has a nice mid-range jumper that is hard to defend. If you come out on him, he can pass it inside on a cut. If you leave him open, he can make that shot. Good kid to have on our team.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

elksnort

I must chime in with praise to Dustin Thomas. He played a darn good game. Glad for him. We needed him today.

PonderinHog

Quote from: elksnort on March 17, 2017, 07:41:23 pm
I must chime in with praise to Dustin Thomas. He played a darn good game. Glad for him. We needed him today.
We've needed him all damn year!

lightsout

If people would just realize that Dustin Thomas is going to have around 5-6 turnovers per 40 minutes played, and just accept it, he'd get slammed a lot less and recognized for the small, but important, role he plays. 

Hootiethehog

I take full credit for his performance. About 4-5 minutes before he started going off, I made a Facebook post about my frustrations with he and Beard.  It just goes to show you that they read random people's Facebook pages during games and use them as motivation.

At least that's the story I'm sticking to.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

rude1

Thomas played big, finally stopped hesitating on that wide open elbow jumper, instead of pump faking and turning it over after trying to put it on the floor, he rose with confidence and knocked the shots down. Need to see him continue this trend.

PonderinHog

Quote from: rude1 on March 17, 2017, 07:59:20 pm
Thomas played big, finally stopped hesitating on that wide open elbow jumper, instead of pump faking and turning it over after trying to put it on the floor, he rose with confidence and knocked the shots down. Need to see him continue this trend.

threeNout

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 17, 2017, 07:24:21 pm
You could tell SH scouted him well and dared him to shoot. Great time to have his best game as a hog.

yep, looks like a strategy that backfired.

DT took advantage, it gave him confidence and then he looked like a different play for a good stretch today.

hopefully that confidence will carry over to Sunday.

bphi11ips

Best game of his career. Kudos to Erie for spotting his late season improvement.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Scott7703

Thomas played well. Just wish we had one big who was a dominant rebounder.

hogpc

DT had a good game, gotta give him credit - he earned it.  I've bashed him plenty on and off this board, won't do it today.

Dominicanhog

Looked like a Coty Clarke type game... that's a big missing piece of this team and has been since CC... an inside game from the 4 makes us dangerous.. I don't think we'll lose a game if DT scores in double digits and 5+ rbs....

In addition, it open's Moses up to operate and rebound..

ICEman

He must have grown an inch during the tournament. I thought he measured 6-8.
Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 17, 2017, 04:17:30 pm
If he could only average 10-12 per game.
I think his ideal shot is the baseline jumper 10-12 feet from the basket.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Hooch

Thomas had a great game no doubt about it. However if we have to rely on him to play like this repeatedly to win we are in serious trouble, his overall body of work shows that.

Hooch

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 17, 2017, 07:32:47 pm
Thomas has a nice mid-range jumper that is hard to defend. If you come out on him, he can pass it inside on a cut. If you leave him open, he can make that shot. Good kid to have on our team.

Is this the first game you have watched?

He rarely makes that shot and has 38 assists and 35 turnovers.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

He did play very well. Seton hall thought he was a non factor and left him wide open over and over. He has definitely shown improvement and i think he will be a big factor into how far this team can go next season
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

moses_007

Great performance from Thomas.  Now if only Cook could play as well..........

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hooch on March 18, 2017, 12:21:48 pm
Is this the first game you have watched?

He rarely makes that shot and has 38 assists and 35 turnovers.

No. It's not. I never said he was perfect and that he couldn't improve more.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.