Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Block

Started by Baconomics, March 17, 2017, 03:13:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconomics

Razorback careers in the balance and Moses makes a poster-worthy block and Hannahs finished the play with a clean 3 on the other end.  That was about as close to basketball perfection as you will ever see.

ricepig

zebradynasty

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChitownHawg

Quote from: nesjunk on March 17, 2017, 03:13:48 pm
Razorback careers in the balance and Moses makes a poster-worthy block and Hannahs finished the play with a clean 3 on the other end.  That was about as close to basketball perfection as you will ever see.

Haw! I just posted this as well. You know Rodriguez was thinking "Will anyone notice if I run to the locker room?"  ;D

[tweet]842810748166438914[/tweet]
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HogFoo

Quote from: ricepig on March 17, 2017, 03:15:23 pm
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/842810434587709440
great play!  Big Mo came out fired up to redeem himself after all that UK bs from last sunday.  I say, Mo did a good job.  Hopefully he has more fire for tomorrows game.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogFoo

Moses should have did the Dikembe Mutumbo  Finger wave while saying " you no dunk in my house!" 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

skinnypig

That would've been a foul in SEC play guaranteed

pigheaded

Quote from: skinnypig on March 17, 2017, 03:22:02 pm

At UK for sure
My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

ChitownHawg

Just bumping one of the best plays of the game above all of the whining threads. Woo Pig!
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

navyhog24

WorfHog

It's amazing how much more fun the games is when the refs aren't blowing a whistle every other position. All of the SEC teams recruit fast athletes the league office needs to let theses guys play. 

navyhog24

I know Gafford is a beast, but we are really gonna miss Moses. He has really come on. I wish he would have played like this all season.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 17, 2017, 03:46:47 pm

Hahaha, thanks for this. This play will not be forgotten for a while. Nor will Moses's stat line. He had a ridiculous game when it counted the most.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

hogsanity

Just a question, why do you guys think the body contact was not a foul?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LRHawg

Hakeem would be proud. Moses really kept himself composed all game!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2017, 03:56:43 pm

Well, Moses went straight up and his arms were straight as well.  Any body contact was initiated by the SH player.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LRHawg

Because he maintains straight up posture and his arms are extended. Please stop posting.

jjdlc

The block he got when the Seton Hall player did the little spin move was a thing of beauty as well.  The patience and timing it took to get up at the right moment on the move was incredible.

solitons

The_Iceman

You are joking, right?

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 17, 2017, 04:02:18 pm
You are joking, right?

I knew what it wasn't. I just wanted to see what people said. Figured someone would say because he got all ball, which had nothing to do with it. He was vertical was why.

I was glad he went for the block since he was in the restricted area had he tried to draw a charge it would have been a blocking foul. I think it turned the entire attitude of the game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HawgHeadCheese

I lik the block at the ene of the game hen Carrington tried to get a last second shot. FOH

Deep Shoat

Moses went straight up, the body contact was entirely initiated by the offensive player.  That could have legitimately been called a charge, if it had been outside the half circle.

It was perfect D.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hogimus Prime

skinnypig

Not ALL body contact is foul. You have got to allow teams to play defense. I thought the game today was called the college basketball should be. Both teams were allowed to play physical without being called every time they touched someone

311Hog

i love that Hannahs banged in a 3 right off this play. really changed the whole game.

The real Hogules

Moses best game this season, by far!
We couldn't have don't it without his big game.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

azhog10

Because the body contact was initiated by the offense. Kingsley went straight up, if bodies collide, it's not a foul on Moses because he is afforded that spot all the way to the ceiling. Any "displacement" of the body was due to seton halls man.

I'm amazed you are allowed to officiate, and don't pull the "I knew but didn't think you knew defense."

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2017, 04:07:27 pm
I knew what it wasn't. I just wanted to see what people said. Figured someone would say because he got all ball, which had nothing to do with it. He was vertical was why.

I was glad he went for the block since he was in the restricted area had he tried to draw a charge it would have been a blocking foul. I think it turned the entire attitude of the game.
Lol oh wait, you did.

hawgsalot

Way to f'up a good thread...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Quote from: nesjunk on March 17, 2017, 03:13:48 pm

Nothing more to say!  WPS

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawgsalot on March 17, 2017, 05:15:36 pm
Way to f'up a good thread...

Exactly. We win and some still cannot enjoy the good vibes. Woo Pig!

ShadowHawg

Rule change this year. Defender can maintain verticality while jumping within the restricted area, even if there is contact, without it being a foul.

Text book application of the rule.

hog.goblin

I'll say this, I know exactly what you mean.  Because while it was the right call it's the kind of call that goes against us 99/100 in SEC play

HossHog

Rule of verticality, as long as he is straight up and does not come down with his hands it is not a foul. Moses has gotten really good at that when someone is driving at him over the years.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 17, 2017, 11:10:37 pm
I'll say this, I know exactly what you mean.  Because while it was the right call it's the kind of call that goes against us 99/100 in SEC play

Glad we weren't playing Carolina or Kentucky...:)    Seriously though Mo turned the game on that play! Hannahs cut it to two and we were rolling again. Gotta say the officials called a good game. Not the usual junk the Hogs are used to seeing. No matter what ...really Like this squad!

pigture perfect

just SMH
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hog.goblin

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on March 18, 2017, 12:09:28 am
Glad we weren't playing Carolina or Kentucky...:)    Seriously though Mo turned the game on that play! Hannahs cut it to two and we were rolling again. Gotta say the officials called a good game. Not the usual junk the Hogs are used to seeing. No matter what ...really Like this squad!

I agree that the officiating was very good.  They let them play which is what I like, without it getting sloppy.  Barford went to the floor a couple times without a call, but it was mostly incidental body contact after the shot. 

The play where Dusty was called for a charge was questionable.  I felt like the guy slid to the right and shuffled his feet.  But it was bang bang and not a bad call.

I could really enjoy watching more basketball with that kind of officiating.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Lanny on March 18, 2017, 06:52:37 am
One of the best blocks by a Razorback I've seen

Right up there with The Big O against Shaq.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

trippigs

Please just stop

Hootiethehog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 18, 2017, 10:13:17 am
Right up there with The Big O against Shaq.

I had heard about it, but I couldn't really remember that since I was young. I just watched it and that was a thing of beauty. Considering that it was for the game and who it was against, that could be the biggest block in Arkansas history.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.