Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do all white college basketball coaches look like mobsters?

Started by Bogghawg, March 16, 2017, 07:49:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

The Boar War

I'm 99 percent sure that Pelphrey is connected.  His look just says "Goomba".

Knot2brite

That picture of Huggins has to be old...he looks the stay puft marshmallow man now...he may be a mobster but he looks like he is the lead mobster of the Little Dixie mob from McCurtin county
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Wisco Pig

Always thought Bo Ryan looked more like a vampire.

Record during day games?

Bogghawg

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 16, 2017, 08:25:08 pm
That picture of Huggins has to be old...he looks the stay puft marshmallow man now...he may be a mobster but he looks like he is the lead mobster of the Little Dixie mob from McCurtin county
You know about McCurtain County??

Tejano Jawg

Bring back the vintage Eddie Sutton perm! That'll fix it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PonderinHog

panhandlepig

Drewhog

Mobsters (bosses) are fairly (or very) wealthy, much like these coaches.  They need to portray a strong, unflappable, and professional image.  This means bespoke suits, expensive haircuts, and very few smiles.  There are numerous shared features between the two identities of a coach and il padrino.

jm

Because that look attracts great players. Why????
Why do the best players not want to play for a guy like Avery Johnson?

hawgmasta

Lol never really thought about it but your right. They could all look normal in adidas track suits with gold chains.

Hog Solo

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 16, 2017, 07:49:51 pm
just sayin'

You gotta look hard if your a ball coach. Anything other being slicked back or bald than you're weak and a target.

The Boar War

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 16, 2017, 08:31:05 pm
Always thought Bo Ryan looked more like a vampire.

Record during day games?

I always thought he was Eddie Munster all growed up.

panhandlepig

Hoggish1

Ironhawg

Huggins has already had one heart attack.  He might want to lay off the pasta for a year or two.

Hogimus Prime

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Huggins looks like he runs a pawn shop or pool hall. Low-rent mobster, at best.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogwood

hogfanny

Because they ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Also you really need a pic of coach kshachefsky in this group.

sickboy

Pitino looks straight up like Michael Corleone after he takes over the family business.

panhandlepig

Quote from: sickboy on March 16, 2017, 11:04:09 pm
Pitino looks straight up like Michael Corleone after he takes over the family business.

Completely knowing he has sold out and owned?   

ChicoHog

Imagine Petrino in a suit coaching basketball.  He would fit right in with the rest of those guys looking the mob part.  Same with Saban and many other football coaches.  Orgeron would be perfect as the "muscle guy".

LZH

Quote from: The Boar War on March 16, 2017, 09:44:18 pm
I think Gene Keady was an extra in Godfather 2.

His 'do was like an immigrant..... born over there, lives over here.

dsgreen

There isn't a college basketball coach alive who doesn't look like a mobster or a preacher.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: dsgreen on March 17, 2017, 04:10:11 am
There isn't a college basketball coach alive who doesn't look like a mobster or a preacher.
Immediately after reading this thread I began thinking of coaches that didn't look like mobsters. Then you come up with the preacher bit and now I can't think of any.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on March 17, 2017, 05:11:30 am
Immediately after reading this thread I began thinking of coaches that didn't look like mobsters. Then you come up with the preacher bit and now I can't think of any.

Rick Majerus?  He looked like he owned a pizzeria.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Boar War on March 16, 2017, 09:44:18 pm
I think Gene Keady was an extra in Godfather 2.

Keady was a great coach and perhaps the best assistant basketball coaches ever at Arkansas. When he had that "scowl" look on his face I actually felt sorry for the players.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: dsgreen on March 17, 2017, 04:10:11 am

Didn't Nolan call Penders "pretty boy Tom"?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2017, 08:15:51 am

Nolan had lots of nicknames for opposing coaches, and not all of them were complimentary.  Remember "Slick Rick"?
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2017, 08:13:48 am
Keady was a great coach and perhaps the best assistant basketball coaches ever at Arkansas. When he had that "scowl" look on his face I actually felt sorry for the players.

hobhog

Anyone seen the OP since he posts this? I'm concerned.....

Jackrabbit Hog

The OTR

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2017, 08:15:51 am

I believe he called him Sweet Tom...hard to believe as much bad blood as there was between us and Texas that we would open up Barnhill years later and allow Tom to live there in its bowels, complete with his own tanning bed.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 16, 2017, 08:57:04 pm
You know about McCurtain County??
Born and bred in Polk county....I knows about Mccurtain county...and Little Dixie
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 17, 2017, 08:26:17 am
I believe he called him Sweet Tom...hard to believe as much bad blood as there was between us and Texas that we would open up Barnhill years later and allow Tom to live there in its bowels, complete with his own tanning bed.

I believe you are right and it was "sweet Tom". Thanks.

Inhogswetrust

March 17, 2017, 10:58:25 am #42 Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:10:17 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Knot2brite on March 17, 2017, 08:33:18 am
Born and bred in Polk county....I knows about Mccurtain county...and Little Dixie

If you mean McCurtain County Oklahoma, I used to live and work there in Idabel a long time ago. One of the worst towns or places I ever worked at. One could literally get away with murder and the victims body would never be found if they were friends with the right folks there. When I lived there is when I decided to get a carry pistol. No lie.

carolinahogger

Bigmac2

Just be sure to pay your dues when passing through Eagletown. I try to do my traveling between DeQueen and Broken Bow during the day.

Bogghawg

Bogghawg

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 17, 2017, 08:33:18 am
I was born and bred in Polk County (Wickes) and have lived in McCurtain County (Broken Bow) for the past 17 years.  You think we know each other?

Bogghawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2017, 10:58:25 am
If you mean McCurtain County Oklahoma, I used to livened work there in Isabel along time ago. One of the worst towns or places I ever worked at. One could literally get away with murder and the victims body would never be found if they were friends with the right folks there. When I lived there is when I decided to get a carry pistol. No lie.
Too much truth in this, but at the same time the rest of the county isn't so bad.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 17, 2017, 12:04:42 pm
Too much truth in this, but at the same time the rest of the county isn't so bad.

The ONLY thing there I liked was Beavers Bend Reservoir.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2017, 12:11:15 pm
The ONLY thing there I liked was Beavers Bend Reservoir.

Is that where all the college basketball coach/mobsters dispose of the bodies?

Stick with the thread.      >:(