Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk is a punk

Started by synthartist69, March 15, 2017, 02:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

Yes I said it. I do not wish him well and I am glad he got pounded by Hannas. Our guys got screwed by the refs, Monk throat slashed us, so he got 1/2 of what he deserved. Should have got pounded again in the parking lot after the game. Monk, his brother Marcus and his family are punks. GO HOGS!!!

sickboy

Meh. It's college basketball. Just some good old rivalry. Maybe Monk is a punk in real life. I tend not to malign people I've never met myself. But just because he did a cute little throat slash during a game doesn't make the kid a punk. I've definitely done some things on the court when I'm amped and my adrenaline is going.

I wish him no ill-will. I just hope he sucks when he plays Arkansas (if he ever plays Arkansas again)... and in general I hope Kentucky loses, because I'm rather ethical and don't root for guys who cheat, such as Coach Cal.

hogsanity

Quote from: synthartist69 on March 15, 2017, 02:53:46 pm
Yes I said it. I do not wish him well and I am glad he got pounded by Hannas. Our guys got screwed by the refs, Monk throat slashed us, so he got 1/2 of what he deserved. Should have got pounded again in the parking lot after the game. Monk, his brother Marcus and his family are punks. GO HOGS!!!

Really, we need another thread about this? And, even though you had 4 days to research this, you still screwed it up, Hannahs did not get Monk with the screen/flagrant 1.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hogsanity on March 15, 2017, 03:39:56 pm
Really, we need another thread about this? And, even though you had 4 days to research this, you still screwed it up, Hannahs did not get Monk with the screen/flagrant 1.
no, but at least allow us to pretend he did...and another thing, inside the octagon, I'd take Hannahs III in two over Malik any ol' day...Hannahs III may have a baby-face, but a fire burns underneath and Dusty is bigger than you think
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LR_Matt

Quote from: synthartist69 on March 15, 2017, 02:53:46 pm

So... much... fail...

tophawg19

i think it was Barford that ran over Monk. he was holding his ribs when he went to the bench.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoggish1

The throat slash merits a tournament long ban.  Where is that, huh? Refs?

Hoggish1

MountieDawg

It's always the ones you loved the most, that you can hate the most.  Hate never hurts anyone but the hater.
SEC!

JayHog

So... much... fail...
[/quote]

So... much... right

realistichog

I don't know the kid nor care to know him. He may be a good kid but actions speak for themselves. The throat slashing is a classless act.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

There is a such thing as karma. Ask Michael Dyer....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogsanity

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 15, 2017, 07:48:27 pm
The throat slash merits a tournament long ban.  Where is that, huh? Refs?

Refs can not mete out bans, the most they can do is kick a payer out of the game they are in.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3kgthog

We had our shot to shut him up and we got blown off the court both times. We failed. Let's let it go.

hoglady

Well - I've always rooted for Kentucky in the tournament but not this year.
Hope they get their doors blown off.
Coach Cal has become arrogant and condescending - it rubs off on his players.
I think what he's created is not good for college basketball as a whole - so I won't be rooting for any continued success.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 15, 2017, 09:17:13 pm
We had our shot to shut him up and we got blown off the court both times. We failed. Let's let it go.
Actually three times.
Kentucky also won handily in Bud Walton last year, with Monk in the crowd watching his 'future' team.

BigSexyHog

Monk is a another P word that ends in a Y
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

sickboy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 15, 2017, 07:49:20 pm
Meh?  Get real, dude...

I'm not trying to tell you what to be mad about. If Malik Monk gets your jimmies rustled... by all means, get your jimmies rustled by Malik Monk. I just don't give the kid too much thought. Even if he did the throat slashy thing.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoglady on March 15, 2017, 10:22:52 pm
Well - I've always rooted for Kentucky in the tournament but not this year.
Hope they get their doors blown off.
Coach Cal has become arrogant and condescending - it rubs off on his players.
I think what he's created is not good for college basketball as a whole - so I won't be rooting for any continued success.

Become?  Become??  Child, he was that way when he emerged from the womb.  His parents debated whether to name him Arrogant, Condescending, or John. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

lynbug

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 16, 2017, 08:15:13 am
Become?  Become??  Child, he was that way when he emerged from the womb.  His parents debated whether to name him Arrogant, Condescending, or John.
Yeah, I've loathed him every since he was Memphis and he said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Memphis has NOTHING to gain by playing Arkansas so, No....we will not schedule a series with them."......And that's when we were good.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lynbug on March 16, 2017, 08:37:20 am
Yeah, I've loathed him every since he was Memphis and he said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Memphis has NOTHING to gain by playing Arkansas so, No....we will not schedule a series with them."......And that's when we were good.

Yep and he was playing patsies in OOC games for the most part and a few in it. He also didn't want to play old misses or tenner but was told to be quite about them since both were wanted by their football team to play. I don't remember which one it was but one told Memphis "you don't want to play us in basketball then we'll not play you in football". Cal is part of the reason their former AD Johnson was able to stay as long as he did but also part of the reason why he  left when he did.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: lynbug on March 16, 2017, 08:37:20 am

The story I heard was that Cal's public quote, which made all the Memphis fans love him at the time, was that they wouldn't play Arkansas because he wasn't interested in a regional opponent; Memphis was a national program and would schedule other national powers.  It was a not-so-subtle dig at Arkansas. 

His real reason, of course was to take steps to cut off Arkansas' recruiting the Memphis area.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou