Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a rhetorical question—why did the Monk family move to Bentonville?

Started by Mo_Better_Hogs, March 15, 2017, 01:41:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: zane on March 16, 2017, 09:20:05 am
My wife worked with a girl that was "dating" Marcus while Malik was still at EPC.  When I found this out, I pestered her to get the scoop on where Malik was leaning. She did and told us that he was wanting to go to Kentucky. This was in 2013/14.

So- I don't think there was any big conspiracy. The Monk family had/have their eye on the prize and took what they thought were the right steps to obtain it.

I was disappointed when he didn't come here but didn't feel personally spurned.
Good information.
This is why I read Hogville...to find these little nuggets of info that you will never read in a newspaper. 'The story behind the story' type of stuff
Also jives with Mike Irwin reporting on a segment on Razorback Nation in April 2015, I believe it was, that he was hearing Kentucky. He said that on the air, long before a commitment to anyone was made.
All of this plus the 'opinions' I presented tend to jive--that Malik wanted to go to UK all along.
Could Marcus be trying to capitalize on that? Sure. But that's a different discussion, totally, than Marcus 'steering' him to Kentucky which became a common narrative.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 16, 2017, 09:49:37 am
If he were really committed to going to Arkansas, Malik would have ended up at Fayetteville High not Bentonville.
If he was always committed to being a Hog he could have stayed at Lepanto and it wouldn't have made any difference.

As others have said, mom obviously improved her situation by working in the Bentonville schools rather than Lepanto.  By his freshman year the legend of Malik Monk was such that any school in the state would have given her a job to get him into the district.  And I doubt it took any involvement from the UofA to get that done.

PonderinHog

I guess all this confusion provides all parties involved plausible deniability, in case either one ever wants to come home again.

HognitiveDissonance

March 16, 2017, 10:44:23 am #53 Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:28:01 pm by HognitiveDissonance
I know this: I don't want anyone poking around in NWA because I'm afraid of what they might find.

My gut is usually right, and it's telling me some things were done for the Monks that may not be on the up and up.

I have no proof, just circumstantial based on putting some things together.

Let sleeping dogs lie. He's gone from college after this year anyway.

razorcash2

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on March 15, 2017, 01:56:15 pm
His mother was given a job for the Bentonville School District.
Wow, isn't that convenient.

I would be very curious to know if she was the best qualified for the job.

PonderinHog

Quote from: razorcash2 on March 16, 2017, 11:44:04 am

Did her boss own a motorcycle ???

razorcash2

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 15, 2017, 02:20:34 pm
The move out of Lepanto and to NWA could indeed have been made by UA staff but with nothing illegal about it.  Just hey you should really get out of that s-hole and NWA has a lot of opportunities which it does.

Without a word from UA staff any school district up here would have probably made the same move if able to legally do so with the hopes of getting Monk on campus for a couple years.  The national exposure is invaluable.  I'm not saying this had anything to do with it, but Asa's grandson also played for Bentonville. 

IMO if there was any stringing along, gaming the system, or playing people it was by Marcus.  That's just my opinion.  Once he got it into his head that he wanted to be an agent or "business man" going to Kentucky probably appeared to be better for the brand.  I'm sure he used the hope of Malik going to UofA as leverage to help open doors for himself with people in NWA.

He ain't no business man. He's dumber than a box of rocks.

I wonder what he would score on the Wonderlic test?

razorcash2

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 15, 2017, 06:51:00 pm
I have it on good authority that the Monk's are pretty much obsessed with Ashley Judd.  Can't get enough of her.  How could we compete with that?  lolol
Well, they can have her. They're all slime balls.

razorcash2

Quote from: 12247 on March 15, 2017, 05:40:10 pm
Wow, Marcus actually does his job and doesn't hurt his brother at the same time and he gets drilled here.  Because we fans, at least some of us, get all pissed off cause it wasn't what we wanted for ourselves.  Many sound like the 4 year old spoiled Brat who is hanging around his Momma's leg in the grocery store screaming at the top of his lungs cause the sack of candy he got was smaller than the one he wanted.

When I owned a small business, I had employees moving on from time to time.  Often I would be approached to match an offer they had been made.  Sometimes I could and would.  Other times I told them this:  You have to feed your family, not me.  You owe it to yourself to do what you believe is best for your family and yourself.  I wish you the best.  I would add:  I believe you do owe this company, my company the respect of not just walking off and leaving us in a bind.  Please give us a reasonable notice.  As long as you do not intenti0nally try and hurt us, you will be treated with respect and fairness.  I never blamed anyone for trying to better themselves, even if it wasn't always in my best interest.
Yea, Marcus showed a lot of loyalty to the university and fans that were so good to him.
He can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, and stay out of Arkansas as well. He's basically done here any way you slice it.
I'm sure his agent business will flourish.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 16, 2017, 10:32:01 am
If he was always committed to being a Hog he could have stayed at Lepanto and it wouldn't have made any difference.

As others have said, mom obviously improved her situation by working in the Bentonville schools rather than Lepanto.  By his freshman year the legend of Malik Monk was such that any school in the state would have given her a job to get him into the district.  And I doubt it took any involvement from the UofA to get that done.

No darn.
[CENSORED]!

Ex-Trumpet

Let's be honest, if you want to have a career in basketball, the first choice for many is Kentucky.

If you want to have a career in the arts, the first choice for many is Juilliard.

If you want to have a career in poultry, the first choice for many is Arkansas.

Sorry, but it's the way it is currently.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 16, 2017, 10:32:01 am

Makes sense, but here's another question—had Monk stayed in Lepanto, would Kentucky have pursued/offered him?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on March 16, 2017, 01:24:05 pm
Makes sense, but here's another question—had Monk stayed in Lepanto, would Kentucky have pursued/offered him?
Hell yes!

20gauge

I told a lot of folks where he was going before he did. His mom road with me and my family for just about every game his entire freshman season before the move. Cal had been calling them since at least 8th grade. Mom always wanted Kentucky, preferred Cal over MA. Even if he had stayed in small town USA he was still going to Kentucky.

Hogs were second in the race from the beginning. At one time rumors of Oregon were floating around town.

The move to Bentonville was strictly to better their situation. Better facilities, mom was making pennies at smaller school, better competition and able to malik on a bigger stage. All for their future, who can blame them.

They are going to be able keep all that money in their pockets now and who knows big brother may get a couple of those other NBA players on his roster for his agency.

ricepig

Quote from: razorcash2 on March 16, 2017, 11:44:04 am

Wrong, she didn't have a job with the Bentonville school district. As was mentioned earlier, she worked in health care, at a menial job. I believe Marcus was the one employed by the BSD for a brief period. I also heard she had moved back to Lepanto, months ago.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on March 16, 2017, 12:52:52 pm
Let's be honest, if you want to have a career in basketball, the first choice for many is Kentucky.

If you want to have a career in the arts, the first choice for many is Juilliard.

If you want to have a career in poultry, the first choice for many is Arkansas.

Sorry, but it's the way it is currently.

Not everyone thinks KY is the best place for a career in basketball.

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Mo_Better_Hogs

That was an interesting Cowherd clip. He may be fitting the stats into his argument, but it's fun to listen to. Where was this clip when Monk was shopping for colleges (not that he was really shopping)?...LOL. Maybe the 'training' he'd have gotten at another school would do something better for his future.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on March 16, 2017, 02:23:05 pm
That was an interesting Cowherd clip. He may be fitting the stats into his argument, but it's fun to listen to. Where was this clip when Monk was shopping for colleges (not that he was really shopping)?...LOL. Maybe the 'training' he'd have gotten at another school would do something better for his future.

I think in 2017 you don't need to go to a basketball factory for the NBA to notice you. Not with the internet. Not when almost every D1 school has games on TV somewhere. Guys like Monk and Goodwin went to KY because they thought it would help them out with the NBA. When in reality they could of went to Hawaii and still be drafted in the same spot.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Grizzlyfan

Monk was on YouTube highlights as a freshman.  Add to that the AAU circuit I would think he would have no problem getting to Kentucky.  But the premise was that Monk was "committed" to being a Hog.

J-Five

UK still would've offered IMO.  UK recruited Archie Goodwin out of Sherwood, and Sherwood is the size of my backyard...
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Little Lady Back

Quote from: J-Five on March 16, 2017, 03:44:50 pm
UK still would've offered IMO.  UK recruited Archie Goodwin out of Sherwood, and Sherwood is the size of my backyard...

Sure would hate to mow that!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: bkjbearcat on March 16, 2017, 01:56:57 pm
Not everyone thinks KY is the best place for a career in basketball.

Not everyone thinks UA is best place for a career in poultry, either.  Pretty good poultry science schools at UGa, Auburn, aTm, and MSU as well.

And most people in the arts didn't go to Juilliard.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

Then you have a big backyard! Comparing Goodwin's High school to EPC is not valid. Much less the way his recruitment went.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on March 16, 2017, 04:16:10 pm
Not everyone thinks UA is best place for a career in poultry, either.  Pretty good poultry science schools at UGa, Auburn, aTm, and MSU as well.

And most people in the arts didn't go to Juilliard.

But only on the hill can you see a multi million dollar chicken building from the stadium!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jgphillips3

Reading between the tea leaves, it would seem that Calipari at some point told Marcus that if Malik chose Kentucky, he could get a couple of other kids to hire Marcus and thus, for his 30 pieces of silver, Marcus sold his brother and us down the river.  Hopefully it works out for him because he burned a LOT of bridges for that possible payday.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 16, 2017, 09:49:37 am
If he were really committed to going to Arkansas, Malik would have ended up at Fayetteville High not Bentonville.

Just think if he had landed at Shiloh...Bruce Pearl would have cashed in.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PintailKiller

Wow - a backyard that can house 30,000 people.  You must be rich.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

ricepig

Quote from: PintailKiller on March 16, 2017, 09:04:27 pm
Wow - a backyard that can house 30,000 people.  You must be rich.

A real tall building, real tall.

Tejano Jawg

I grew up in Bentonville...so I was especially interested in the Monk situation after his move there. This is a very informative thread, because I never knew the real story.

Like most people, I'd hear reports, see video clips, and thought his move to northwest Arkansas was just to serve as a "transition" stop, before Fayetteville. That was a fair assumption, right? I heard the Hog players would go watch his games. And yet the courtship with Kentucky was happening the entire time.

Relocating to a town 20 minutes from Fayetteville, when he had no plans on going to the U of A, seems like an odd move. (I just looked up Lepanto...dang, that's way over there.) As was mentioned a few posts up, the question of why that move was necessary in the first place. If Monk was Kentucky-bound, why not stay on the east side of the state?...move to Jonesboro, Memphis, or even a Little Rock school. Why go the other side of the state?

There's a state pride—Arkansas pride—that some athletes have and some don't—and Monk clearly doesn't—that's the reality. You have guys like Darren McFadden, who was Hog all the way. Or Ryan Mallett, who eventually found his way back to Arkansas. And then there are out-of-staters like Billy Ray Smith Jr., who went to high school in one of north Dallas' biggest schools, and certainly could have played anywhere in Texas. But his dad was a great former Razorback football player, so he grew up with our tradition. When someone says Monk wanted to play for Calipari's NBA farm team, I get it. I just don't like it. If you think you're that good, why do you need Kentucky to prove it?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HogFoo

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 16, 2017, 10:15:53 am
Good information.
This is why I read Hogville...to find these little nuggets of info that you will never read in a newspaper. 'The story behind the story' type of stuff
Also jives with Mike Irwin reporting on a segment on Razorback Nation in April 2015, I believe it was, that he was hearing Kentucky. He said that on the air, long before a commitment to anyone was made.
All of this plus the 'opinions' I presented tend to jive--that Malik wanted to go to UK all along.
Could Marcus be trying to capitalize on that? Sure. But that's a different discussion, totally, than Marcus 'steering' him to Kentucky which became a common narrative.
I have mentioned it quite a few times in other forums as well as in a few threads.  I knew of Malik's decision quite a while before he came out as well.  I had a nephew that was friends with Malik and he had told me flat out.  He was friends with the kid from van buren that to play for Mizzou and that's how he met and became friends with Malik.  He told me at least a year before he committed and signed in early signing period.  Which, I have no problems with Malik doing what he did.  No one else should either.  It's his life, let him do what he wants.  Would he have helped the hogs tremendously?  Yes.  would he have been a home state star and been a legend in this state as well as helping out his family for the rest of their lives thru what becoming a Hog would have done for them?   Yes.   Would Malik have been drafted just as high as he thinks he will at Kentucky?   Yes.   Would the hogs have been good enough with him to have won the SEC and garnished just as much publicity as he is getting at UK?  Yes, I think so.  The hogs probably would have been undefeated had Malik came to Arkansas. 

With all of that sad.  This is what I am actually mad about.   Malik and Marcus as well as Nick5000  all knew what the plan was from the beginning!  What pisses me off is that MA gave Marcus a GA job until he got his agents license.  And how did it work out for us?    What pisses me off is that Marcus along with Nick5000 were trying to put together tournaments and showcases for Malik and his Bentonville team.  They would go around to businesses and ask for donations.  We all know what they were trying to do.  They ask for cash to put on these tournys all with the premise of "hey, give us this or that and maybe Malik will be a hog....."   Everyone knows that's what they were doing.  What makes me mad at the Monks is that they kept up this charade that Arkansas still had a chance.  And their plan was to keep up this charade until the late signing period.  That's what the plan was, and all the while they would keep asking for donations etc..etc.. and they would keep the entire state in suspense thinking that the hogs had a chance to get monk.  The whole while knowing that they really weren't, they had other plans and 'business decisions' that they were planning.   It just pisses me off so bad when I think about it.  They knew Malik was going to UK yet they were trying to play low key, take all the handouts, right up until late signing period then just do the whole 3hats on the table and then shocking everyone when he chooses UK.  That's what their plan was.  They were going to do it that way so that they wouldn't catch all the hate mongering from hog fans his entire senior season.     But.....  and I laugh when I think about it.  Oh John crapppylarri.   I hate his ass, but I am very thankful for the one thing that he did.   He came up and visited Malik the sunday evening after Malik's official to the Hill.  Everyone was all happy thinking Malik had such a good time that he was gonna be a hog no doubt.  Especially with Malik tweeting picts of his visit, along with Portis visiting with him for a while, and who could forget the blonde girl Malik was tweeting pictures with while saying something about the hogs having a good shot or something.    But, all of that was just more game playing.   Because , Crappylarri comes up and visits Malik and the rest of the monks sunday evening and basically tells Malik (and I am actually thankful to crappilarri)  to basically stop all the charade, come out with his UK commit and forget all this lying and stuff and false ongoings.  Which Malik did, he came out that Monday and made his commit to the UK then he signed on that Wednesday of early signing.  Which then the cat was out of the bag and a lot of people who helped the Monks felt like they were kicked in the ballz.  And of course most of the state was angry that the Monks would betray their home state like that and they let Malik hear it at just about every basketball game he played in the rest of his senior season.   

Now from what I had also heard was that Marcus was a big reason behind it.  It was known that he was trying to get his agents license and supposedly,  Crappylarri told Marcus that if Malik did in fact follow thru on his UK commitment , that Marcus would be given the opportunity to offer his newly found agent status upon the kids that would be in the same class as Malik.  He was told he'd be given the chance, nothing guaranteed.  But, that was enough for Marcus to cut all ties with the Razorbacks.  And it was enough for Malik and the rest of the Monk family.    But there it is.  That's the story that I know of.  Again, I cant blame Malik for wanting to live his life the way he wanted.  He's still a kid.   But, I can blame Marcus as well as Nick5000 for their dealings and shenanigans behind closed doors.  I can be mad at Marcus for spitting in the eyes of the Hogs and Hog fans.  I will also blame Nick5000 for his part in it.    I will say that when Malik did the throat slash in the championship game, supposedly twice,  that it really pissed me off.  The way he acted, it was like he was acting like a kid that didn't get a schollie offer from  a school he wanted to play at.  It was bizarre that he would actually do that.  Some think he did it because of his little tizzy with Zimmerman,  but I think he did it because he grew into the Dbag that his brother already was.

Good riddance to the Monks.  May they never come back to Arkansas!

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Little Lady Back

Quote from: HogFoo on March 17, 2017, 05:52:57 am
I have mentioned it quite a few times in other forums as well as in a few threads.  I knew of Malik's decision quite a while before he came out as well.  I had a nephew that was friends with Malik and he had told me flat out.  He was friends with the kid from van buren that to play for Mizzou and that's how he met and became friends with Malik.  He told me at least a year before he committed and signed in early signing period.  Which, I have no problems with Malik doing what he did.  No one else should either.  It's his life, let him do what he wants.  Would he have helped the hogs tremendously?  Yes.  would he have been a home state star and been a legend in this state as well as helping out his family for the rest of their lives thru what becoming a Hog would have done for them?   Yes.   Would Malik have been drafted just as high as he thinks he will at Kentucky?   Yes.   Would the hogs have been good enough with him to have won the SEC and garnished just as much publicity as he is getting at UK?  Yes, I think so.  The hogs probably would have been undefeated had Malik came to Arkansas. 

With all of that sad.  This is what I am actually mad about.   Malik and Marcus as well as Nick5000  all knew what the plan was from the beginning!  What pisses me off is that MA gave Marcus a GA job until he got his agents license.  And how did it work out for us?    What pisses me off is that Marcus along with Nick5000 were trying to put together tournaments and showcases for Malik and his Bentonville team.  They would go around to businesses and ask for donations.  We all know what they were trying to do.  They ask for cash to put on these tournys all with the premise of "hey, give us this or that and maybe Malik will be a hog....."   Everyone knows that's what they were doing.  What makes me mad at the Monks is that they kept up this charade that Arkansas still had a chance.  And their plan was to keep up this charade until the late signing period.  That's what the plan was, and all the while they would keep asking for donations etc..etc.. and they would keep the entire state in suspense thinking that the hogs had a chance to get monk.  The whole while knowing that they really weren't, they had other plans and 'business decisions' that they were planning.   It just pisses me off so bad when I think about it.  They knew Malik was going to UK yet they were trying to play low key, take all the handouts, right up until late signing period then just do the whole 3hats on the table and then shocking everyone when he chooses UK.  That's what their plan was.  They were going to do it that way so that they wouldn't catch all the hate mongering from hog fans his entire senior season.     But.....  and I laugh when I think about it.  Oh John crapppylarri.   I hate his ass, but I am very thankful for the one thing that he did.   He came up and visited Malik the sunday evening after Malik's official to the Hill.  Everyone was all happy thinking Malik had such a good time that he was gonna be a hog no doubt.  Especially with Malik tweeting picts of his visit, along with Portis visiting with him for a while, and who could forget the blonde girl Malik was tweeting pictures with while saying something about the hogs having a good shot or something.    But, all of that was just more game playing.   Because , Crappylarri comes up and visits Malik and the rest of the monks sunday evening and basically tells Malik (and I am actually thankful to crappilarri)  to basically stop all the charade, come out with his UK commit and forget all this lying and stuff and false ongoings.  Which Malik did, he came out that Monday and made his commit to the UK then he signed on that Wednesday of early signing.  Which then the cat was out of the bag and a lot of people who helped the Monks felt like they were kicked in the ballz.  And of course most of the state was angry that the Monks would betray their home state like that and they let Malik hear it at just about every basketball game he played in the rest of his senior season.   

Now from what I had also heard was that Marcus was a big reason behind it.  It was known that he was trying to get his agents license and supposedly,  Crappylarri told Marcus that if Malik did in fact follow thru on his UK commitment , that Marcus would be given the opportunity to offer his newly found agent status upon the kids that would be in the same class as Malik.  He was told he'd be given the chance, nothing guaranteed.  But, that was enough for Marcus to cut all ties with the Razorbacks.  And it was enough for Malik and the rest of the Monk family.    But there it is.  That's the story that I know of.  Again, I cant blame Malik for wanting to live his life the way he wanted.  He's still a kid.   But, I can blame Marcus as well as Nick5000 for their dealings and shenanigans behind closed doors.  I can be mad at Marcus for spitting in the eyes of the Hogs and Hog fans.  I will also blame Nick5000 for his part in it.    I will say that when Malik did the throat slash in the championship game, supposedly twice,  that it really pissed me off.  The way he acted, it was like he was acting like a kid that didn't get a schollie offer from  a school he wanted to play at.  It was bizarre that he would actually do that.  Some think he did it because of his little tizzy with Zimmerman,  but I think he did it because he grew into the Dbag that his brother already was.

Good riddance to the Monks.  May they never come back to Arkansas!

Thanks for the post, HogFoo!  BTW, why in the hell is Nick5000 on Arkansas radio? He is terrible.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

20gauge

Kentucky had been talking to them since 8th grade maybe before. He could have went to any school in the country even from Lepanto.

hulk hog

Quote from: razorcash2 on March 16, 2017, 11:46:15 am
He ain't no business man. He's dumber than a box of rocks.

I wonder what he would score on the Wonderlic test?

You do know he was valedictorian of his high school class and has his MBA. 
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

jm

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 16, 2017, 05:15:47 pm
Reading between the tea leaves, it would seem that Calipari at some point told Marcus that if Malik chose Kentucky, he could get a couple of other kids to hire Marcus and thus, for his 30 pieces of silver, Marcus sold his brother and us down the river.  Hopefully it works out for him because he burned a LOT of bridges for that possible payday.

Why woud he not go to Kentucky? Kentucky players are not treated the same by the officials. Kentucky players are not treated the same by the press. If you have the talent the NBA will find you regardless of where or even if you go to college. Do you want to face the frustration of getting jobbed by the officials or do you want to leave the game to high fives and hugs? Do you want Dickie V defending you on national television or do you want him making you out to be a thug? Talent will get you to the NBA; might as well make the one year requirement as easy or stress free as possible.

clutch

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 15, 2017, 02:23:07 pm
He grew up wanting to be a hog.  His family wanted him to be a hog as well except one person in particular.  That person pushed him to Kentucky for his own personal gain.  It will eventually come to light that Marcus has been acting as his agent for a while now.  A lot of people in his own family are pissed at him.

Yeah....... This isn't even close to true. Especially that last part.

PLHawg

Marcus and Malik chose Kentucky because the ultimate egotistical, diva, "cool", dbag move is to screw over your home school and go to the rival.  Nothing says I'm a self-centered dbag more than that move.

HogFoo

Quote from: Little Lady Back on March 17, 2017, 08:03:35 am
Thanks for the post, HogFoo!  BTW, why in the hell is Nick5000 on Arkansas radio? He is terrible.
I know, when I heard Nick5000 on the radio as a fulltime guest/host or whatever.  It pissed me off soo bad.  I couldn't believe that they would get that guy to be a host.  I  mean, I used to like listening and calling in to that show.  But not since he came on.  I cant stand his voice and I surely cant stand him.  So I quit listening to it altogether.   I wish he would go back to the rock where he came from under.  He's no hog fan! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Little Lady Back

Quote from: HogFoo on March 17, 2017, 10:59:20 am
I know, when I heard Nick5000 on the radio as a fulltime guest/host or whatever.  It pissed me off soo bad.  I couldn't believe that they would get that guy to be a host.  I  mean, I used to like listening and calling in to that show.  But not since he came on.  I cant stand his voice and I surely cant stand him.  So I quit listening to it altogether.   I wish he would go back to the rock where he came from under.  He's no hog fan!

I definitely agree with you!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

20gauge

Quote from: clutch on March 17, 2017, 10:38:12 am
Yeah....... This isn't even close to true. Especially that last part.
I see a lot more Kentucky shirts around lepanto, more than I ever have. Having talked with them before the move Kentucky was always the choice. And I haven't talked to a single person around here that isn't a fan of MM especially family and friends. When he played in Jonesboro his last season all of his friends wore Kentucky shirts. so none of those statements he made are true. None.

pigture perfect

I was in a church in Lepanto Sunday before last. After church, people left quickly to watch the game. I couldn't get people to look me straight in the eye when I asked who they were cheering for. It spoke volumes to me. Marcus and Malik could both come back to Lepanto and be welcomed as heroes.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 17, 2017, 12:06:49 pm
I was in a church in Lepanto Sunday before last. After church, people left quickly to watch the game. I couldn't get people to look me straight in the eye when I asked who they were cheering for. It spoke volumes to me. Marcus and Malik could both come back to Lepanto and be welcomed as heroes.

Hometowns are like that.  I don't begrudge them celebrating one of their own.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 17, 2017, 12:06:49 pm

Let them go there since 99.999999% of people wouldn't.

PLHawg

The ONLY pass I'll give a top-ranked recruit for choosing a rival school over Arkansas is you're a qb or another skill position fb player and the offense just doesn't match your skill set.  Frazier choosing to sit on the bench at Bama over playing for the Hogs was an egotistical "look at me, look at how cool I am" jerk move.  Same for Monk, when you thumb your nose at your home state I have absolutely zero respect for you.  I hope he fails spectacularly in the NBA.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PLHawg on March 17, 2017, 12:19:33 pm
The ONLY pass I'll give a top-ranked recruit for choosing a rival school over Arkansas is you're a qb or another skill position fb player and the offense just doesn't match your skill set.  Frazier choosing to sit on the bench at Bama over playing for the Hogs was an egotistical "look at me, look at how cool I am" jerk move.  Same for Monk, when you thumb your nose at your home state I have absolutely zero respect for you.  I hope he fails spectacularly in the NBA.

It's a good thing not all players in other states feel that way. IF all players from any state had to play only for a school in their home state then there would not be ANY resemblance of success for Arkansas at the DI level. There is simply NOT enough really good recruits yearly from instate to keep up with the others. We HAVE to get some decent recruits from out of state.

WorfHog

For all the Lepanto fans here's what you get when you search it on google maps. :puke:

Let's cede the entire town to Kentucky!

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PLHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2017, 01:25:40 pm
It's a good thing not all players in other states feel that way. IF all players from any state had to play only for a school in their home state then there would not be ANY resemblance of success for Arkansas at the DI level. There is simply NOT enough really good recruits yearly from instate to keep up with the others. We HAVE to get some decent recruits from out of state.

How many TOP recruits from RIVAL programs states, i.e. Bama, LSU, Auburn, choose us if they have an offer from those schools?  None.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: lynbug on March 15, 2017, 02:00:31 pm
And are we pretending that the U of A had nothing to do with facilitating the whole thing?  Not saying we did anything illegal....but I just think there was an assumption of a Monk/Razorback connection.
I will say flat out that the U of A had nothing to do with it. Monk would have been at Fayetteville High if Arkansas had something to do with it.

Unless you live in NWA you're probably not aware of the fact that Benton County and Bentonville in particular contains a large population of out of state residents who came in to work for Walmart or Walmart vendors. Many of these people have no particular loyalty to the U of A. Also you talk to Bentonville High fans and you'll find that many of them have no issue with Malik going to Kentucky.

Why did the family move to Bentonville? Marcus Monk answered that question when he said publicly, "It was a business decision." He said the same thing when announcing that Malik had signed with Kentucky on the first day of the early signing period.

And yes, Marcus, Malik, the mom or whoever had a right to make that decision.

Get over it. I have. That ship has sailed.  Next year Malik will be in the NBA and Kentucky will have a new crop of one and done guys.
Guys like KeVaughn and Malik leaving the state, that's over. Arkansas' best will be coming to Arkansas in the future.

elkhog

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 15, 2017, 01:48:45 pm
I've wondered the same.  Seems I heard stories about his Mom getting a job up there, arranged by Marcus or something like that. But, I have zero actual knowledge and would love to hear.

His mom does have a job up there.
GO HOGS!!!

supersaint

Quote from: root_hawg on March 15, 2017, 02:46:58 pm
Also a call from the Uof A to Fayetteville HS probably would have gotten his mom a job as well. .... Who knows?

Har Ber high was in the running too.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.