Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou's coaching search

Started by mizzouman, March 15, 2017, 10:37:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Lots of noise coming out of Seattle and is kind of related to the coaching search but not actually getting Romar. 

Stay tuned.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

mizzouman

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 15, 2017, 10:42:22 am
Cuonzo Martin.
Not sure about who will be the next coach.  I do know that 3 have been interviewed just don't know who.

The Seattle noise is about the Porter family.  Very interesting if it happens.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mizzouman on March 15, 2017, 10:54:35 am
Not sure about who will be the next coach.  I do know that 3 have been interviewed just don't know who.

The Seattle noise is about the Porter family.  Very interesting if it happens.

If you are hinting that Michael Porter, Mizzou's former Women's coach, coming back as the Men's head coach that would be a head scratcher. He has however been a Men's assistant for Romar at Washington. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go back to Columbia in some capacity though since I believe he has two daughters playing on the Mizzou women's team and his wife is the sister of their Women's coach. He is connected there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

mizzouman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 15, 2017, 12:15:57 pm
If you are hinting that Michael Porter, Mizzou's former Women's coach, coming back as the Men's head coach that would be a head scratcher. He has however been a Men's assistant for Romar at Washington. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go back to Columbia in some capacity though since I believe he has two daughters playing on the Mizzou women's team and his wife is the sister of their Women's coach. He is connected there.
Apparently, MPJ did not sign an LOI.  He signed a grant in aid or whatever you call those.

Anyway, MPJ top schools were Mizzou and Indiana.  He loves Tom Crean and wanted to play for Mizzou but not Kim Anderson.  In additional, sounds like the family wants to move back to Columbia.  MJP aunt coaches the women's team and two of his sisters play there.

So, if, and that's a huge IF, Crean becomes the HC at Mizzou, then it could mean MPJ to Mizzou especially if Romar gets canned.

The interesting thing here is that all the reports were that he signed an LOI but new reports say he didn't.  All this is very strange to me.

But, it's fluid as they say. 

Personally, I think MPJ stays at UW unless Romar gets fired regardless of who is coaching Mizzou.  I

Dropkick

If you guys could get Crean that would be an awesome hire.

mizzouman

Quote from: Dropkick on March 15, 2017, 01:19:05 pm
If you guys could get Crean that would be an awesome hire.
Not sure about that.

mizzouman

mizzouman

Quote from: mizzouman on March 15, 2017, 01:40:41 pm
sounds right.  some players privately saying they have a coach.  we will see.
Also, it might not be Cuonzo but some players feel they already know.

mizzouman

Reports say Cuonzo offered 5 years at 3.5m/yr avg.

mizzouman

More rumors that actually have legs.

Romar is meeting UW brass today.  His fate could be sealed.  If so, looks like both Porter brothers could be returning to Columbia and play for Mizzou.

In related news, if Martin is hired, he is very close to 5*, 6'10 forward Jeremiah Tilmon who had Mizzou in his final list before signing his LOI to Illinois.  Of course, Illinois just fired Croce so that could give Tilmon an out.

If the all works out, Mizzou could have two 5* guys in Porter, 6'9, and Tilmon, 6'10.

Again, there's a lot smoke to this and just have to wait if there's fire.

The_Iceman

3 McDonald's all Americans in last 2 years at Cal, had zero postseason wins. Got blown out last night as a 1 seed in the NIT at home.

mizzouman

Looks like Porter may have signed an LOI after all.  May be some confusion but wouldn't matter that much if Romar is fired.

mizzouman

Looks like it's official.  Cuonzo Martin to Mizzou.

mizzouman

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 15, 2017, 02:56:17 pm
3 McDonald's all Americans in last 2 years at Cal, had zero postseason wins. Got blown out last night as a 1 seed in the NIT at home.
Babb and Brown are the 2 I'm thinking of.  But, you're right.  But, it's better than Kim Anderson and all that talent leaving Missouri out of STL will stop.

tigerinhogtown

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Quote from: mizzouman on March 15, 2017, 03:07:30 pm
Babb and Brown are the 2 I'm thinking of.  But, you're right.  But, it's better than Kim Anderson and all that talent leaving Missouri out of STL will stop.

Jabari Bird, 6'6" senior was a McDonald's all American. Last year he had 3 on the roster, this year only two. Still couldn't win a game in the postseason.

mizzouman

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 15, 2017, 03:10:41 pm
Jabari Bird, 6'6" senior was a McDonald's all American. Last year he had 3 on the roster, this year only two. Still couldn't win a game in the postseason.
Well, we will see how he does.  Another nugget is he will be hiring, if he wants it, Jamal Walker assistant from Illinois.  Top recruiter who got Tilmon to Illinois. 

So, if Romar gets canned, there's a better than 50% chance both these 5* guys will be in Mizzou uniforms next year.

But, still, that's speculation.

mizzouman

5 yr, 17.5m deal.  That's what's being reported. 

mizzouman

mizzouman

Looks like a done deal at 7 years, a little more that $21mil.