Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Tejano Jawg on 14 Mar 2017
  • Obvious question—what does this mean for Alex?

They're not exactly the same type back (well, not many like Lacy when he's healthy), but wonder how this will impact Alex and his getting touches. Or the bigger question, does this bring his Seahawks future into question? I don't remember where he stood at year's end.
  • #2 by hvsupastar on 14 Mar 2017
  • Seems like he started getting some action, but I would guess with Rawls this puts Collins at either a distant 3rd string or cut
  • #3 by phadedhawg on 14 Mar 2017
  • Yeah it doesn't look good for the Collins.  Today in the Seattle sports media they are talking about Rawls, Lacey, and Prosise.  No mentions of Alex Collins. 

Alex started to come on later in the season.  He made some important plays and only messed up a couple times.  About what one would expect from a rookie.  I'm just not sure there is a roster spot for him now.  Maybe practice squad.  If he went that route I'm sure he'd get back on active roster at some time.  We haven't had much luck keeping RBs healthy for the last 3 years.

Maybe Alex's future is with a different team.  I hope he gets a chance.
  • #4 by hogcard1964 on 14 Mar 2017
  • Seems like he started getting some action, but I would guess with Rawls this puts Collins at either a distant 3rd string or cut

I don't know.  Lacy seems to be breaking down.
  • #5 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 14 Mar 2017
  • I don't know.  Lacy seems to be breaking down.
    Hence the 1 year contract
  • #6 by ricepig on 14 Mar 2017
  • Maybe he's going to play OL.......

• #7 by Sho Nuff on 14 Mar 2017
  • Who has the better hair?
  • #8 by hogcard1964 on 14 Mar 2017
  • Does Alabama turn out some really undisciplined running backs, or am I just judging Lacy, Henry and Richardson incorrectly?
  • #9 by bennyl08 on 14 Mar 2017
  • Does Alabama turn out some really undisciplined running backs, or am I just judging Lacy, Henry and Richardson incorrectly?

Why on earth would you put Henry in that grouping? He's only had one season, playing behind a guy who led the entire NFL in rushing in 2014, and he still put up over 500 total yards and 5 td's. Behind a guy who put up over 1600 yards and had 11 td's. Henry even had 4.5 ypc to Murray's 4.4.
  • #10 by Hoggish1 on 14 Mar 2017
  • Lacy's time has come and gone.  Too much wear and tear on that body.
  • #11 by hogcard1964 on 14 Mar 2017
  • Why on earth would you put Henry in that grouping? He's only had one season, playing behind a guy who led the entire NFL in rushing in 2014, and he still put up over 500 total yards and 5 td's. Behind a guy who put up over 1600 yards and had 11 td's. Henry even had 4.5 ypc to Murray's 4.4.

You may be right.  He just seems like the type that could really balloon up.
  • #12 by jkstock04 on 14 Mar 2017
  • Yeah it doesn't look good for the Collins.  Today in the Seattle sports media they are talking about Rawls, Lacey, and Prosise.  No mentions of Alex Collins. 

Alex started to come on later in the season.  He made some important plays and only messed up a couple times.  About what one would expect from a rookie.  I'm just not sure there is a roster spot for him now.  Maybe practice squad.  If he went that route I'm sure he'd get back on active roster at some time.  We haven't had much luck keeping RBs healthy for the last 3 years.

Maybe Alex's future is with a different team.  I hope he gets a chance.
    My opinion is he is more than practice squad material. He really came on nicely towards the end of the year I thought.

Guess we will see what happens.
  • #13 by Jackrabbit Hog on 15 Mar 2017
  • I'm not sure Lacy has made it through a full NFL season yet without nagging injuries.  I'm sure a lot of that is related to his weight and conditioning, so considering he weighed 267 lb. just a couple of weeks ago and he's not a youngster any more, I think chances are good that Alex stays on the roster. 
  • #14 by hvsupastar on 15 Mar 2017
  • I'm not sure Lacy has made it through a full NFL season yet without nagging injuries.  I'm sure a lot of that is related to his weight and conditioning, so considering he weighed 267 lb. just a couple of weeks ago and he's not a youngster any more, I think chances are good that Alex stays on the roster. 

He was rookie of the year and pro bowl his first 2 seasons.  Since then he hasn't stayed healthy much.  Even though he played in 15 games in year 3 he limped through a lot of them and wasn't ever healthy
  • #15 by The Hawg Marshal on 15 Mar 2017
  • They are calling Lacy  "Obese Mode". Alex could still have a shot with them.
  • #16 by Pork Twain on 15 Mar 2017
  • The ESPN article that I read, I know they hate Arkansas, did not even mention Alex on the depth chart that would be impacted by Lacy.  As mentioned in said article, he was averaging 5.1 ypc before his ankle took him down last year.
  • #17 by Pig in the Pokey on 15 Mar 2017
    rawls is TERRIBLE. the backfield will be lacy, procise, and collins.
  • #18 by bennyl08 on 15 Mar 2017
  • rawls is TERRIBLE. the backfield will be lacy, procise, and collins.

He wasn't good coming off of injury last season. He was phenomenal 2 years ago though. We'll see this year if that injury basically ruined his career or if he simply wasn't 100% last season.
  • #19 by Mo_Better_Hogs on 15 Mar 2017
  • I don't think it's automatic this bumps Collins down (out). It kinda depends on Collins, maybe he'll show some things in the early camps that will get the 'Hawks attention. That's what I hope.

And I agree about Lacy. Really strong back BUT with big injury concerns. I wouldn't trust him being available all season.
  • #20 by zeke_in_kc on 16 Mar 2017
  • They are calling Lacy  "Obese Mode". Alex could still have a shot with them.

Seattle did just sign Neiko Thorpe who is an almost purely (very good) Special Teams player. This leaves Collins with one less potential role to fill.

He's got to make it as the 3rd RB.
  • #21 by bennyl08 on 16 Mar 2017
  • If I'm seattle, I probably have 4 backs on my roster. 2 are guys that I should feel comfortable giving the ball to 20 times a game. The third would be the pass catching/change of pace back, and the fourth would be a fullback that is a threat with the ball in his hands as well. Why a FB? Their best running seasons with Lynch were when they had a FB. Same has been true for Arkansas as long as I've been a live. However, not every back does run best with a FB. Some perform better without.

Now, if Lacy is one of my top 2 backs, then I want to have a guy stashed away on my practice squad who I trust because I'd be a fool to not have a backup plan when Lacy gets injured. Carroll wants Lacy to be a big back and in the 240's because he thinks that is where Lacy is best. Under my scenario, that could lead to a scenario where Lacy is the big back on the team though they don't use a FB much. With Rawls as the primary back, Procise locked into the receiving back, and Lacy as the power back, you wouldn't necessarily need a 4th back on the roster if you aren't using a FB. However, if they did, Alex would likely fit into that last spot.
  • #22 by daBoar on 16 Mar 2017
  • Maybe he's going to play OL.......
    Ha!  So right.
  • #23 by DeltaBoy on 17 Mar 2017
  • Lacy is burnt toast.
Pages:
Actions