Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just heard Eddie Lacy signed with the Seattle Seahawks

Started by Tejano Jawg, March 14, 2017, 11:39:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Obvious question—what does this mean for Alex?

They're not exactly the same type back (well, not many like Lacy when he's healthy), but wonder how this will impact Alex and his getting touches. Or the bigger question, does this bring his Seahawks future into question? I don't remember where he stood at year's end.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hvsupastar

Seems like he started getting some action, but I would guess with Rawls this puts Collins at either a distant 3rd string or cut
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

phadedhawg

Yeah it doesn't look good for the Collins.  Today in the Seattle sports media they are talking about Rawls, Lacey, and Prosise.  No mentions of Alex Collins. 

Alex started to come on later in the season.  He made some important plays and only messed up a couple times.  About what one would expect from a rookie.  I'm just not sure there is a roster spot for him now.  Maybe practice squad.  If he went that route I'm sure he'd get back on active roster at some time.  We haven't had much luck keeping RBs healthy for the last 3 years.

Maybe Alex's future is with a different team.  I hope he gets a chance.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 14, 2017, 12:02:41 pm
Seems like he started getting some action, but I would guess with Rawls this puts Collins at either a distant 3rd string or cut

I don't know.  Lacy seems to be breaking down.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Sho Nuff

hogcard1964

Does Alabama turn out some really undisciplined running backs, or am I just judging Lacy, Henry and Richardson incorrectly?

bennyl08

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 14, 2017, 01:11:57 pm
Does Alabama turn out some really undisciplined running backs, or am I just judging Lacy, Henry and Richardson incorrectly?

Why on earth would you put Henry in that grouping? He's only had one season, playing behind a guy who led the entire NFL in rushing in 2014, and he still put up over 500 total yards and 5 td's. Behind a guy who put up over 1600 yards and had 11 td's. Henry even had 4.5 ypc to Murray's 4.4.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hoggish1

Lacy's time has come and gone.  Too much wear and tear on that body.

hogcard1964

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 14, 2017, 01:49:36 pm
Why on earth would you put Henry in that grouping? He's only had one season, playing behind a guy who led the entire NFL in rushing in 2014, and he still put up over 500 total yards and 5 td's. Behind a guy who put up over 1600 yards and had 11 td's. Henry even had 4.5 ypc to Murray's 4.4.

You may be right.  He just seems like the type that could really balloon up.

jkstock04

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 14, 2017, 12:15:02 pm
Yeah it doesn't look good for the Collins.  Today in the Seattle sports media they are talking about Rawls, Lacey, and Prosise.  No mentions of Alex Collins. 

Alex started to come on later in the season.  He made some important plays and only messed up a couple times.  About what one would expect from a rookie.  I'm just not sure there is a roster spot for him now.  Maybe practice squad.  If he went that route I'm sure he'd get back on active roster at some time.  We haven't had much luck keeping RBs healthy for the last 3 years.

Maybe Alex's future is with a different team.  I hope he gets a chance.
My opinion is he is more than practice squad material. He really came on nicely towards the end of the year I thought.

Guess we will see what happens.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm not sure Lacy has made it through a full NFL season yet without nagging injuries.  I'm sure a lot of that is related to his weight and conditioning, so considering he weighed 267 lb. just a couple of weeks ago and he's not a youngster any more, I think chances are good that Alex stays on the roster. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 15, 2017, 08:19:36 am
I'm not sure Lacy has made it through a full NFL season yet without nagging injuries.  I'm sure a lot of that is related to his weight and conditioning, so considering he weighed 267 lb. just a couple of weeks ago and he's not a youngster any more, I think chances are good that Alex stays on the roster. 

He was rookie of the year and pro bowl his first 2 seasons.  Since then he hasn't stayed healthy much.  Even though he played in 15 games in year 3 he limped through a lot of them and wasn't ever healthy
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

The Hawg Marshal

They are calling Lacy  "Obese Mode". Alex could still have a shot with them.

Pork Twain

The ESPN article that I read, I know they hate Arkansas, did not even mention Alex on the depth chart that would be impacted by Lacy.  As mentioned in said article, he was averaging 5.1 ypc before his ankle took him down last year.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 14, 2017, 12:02:41 pm
rawls is TERRIBLE. the backfield will be lacy, procise, and collins.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bennyl08

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 15, 2017, 01:17:02 pm
rawls is TERRIBLE. the backfield will be lacy, procise, and collins.

He wasn't good coming off of injury last season. He was phenomenal 2 years ago though. We'll see this year if that injury basically ruined his career or if he simply wasn't 100% last season.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Mo_Better_Hogs

I don't think it's automatic this bumps Collins down (out). It kinda depends on Collins, maybe he'll show some things in the early camps that will get the 'Hawks attention. That's what I hope.

And I agree about Lacy. Really strong back BUT with big injury concerns. I wouldn't trust him being available all season.

bennyl08

If I'm seattle, I probably have 4 backs on my roster. 2 are guys that I should feel comfortable giving the ball to 20 times a game. The third would be the pass catching/change of pace back, and the fourth would be a fullback that is a threat with the ball in his hands as well. Why a FB? Their best running seasons with Lynch were when they had a FB. Same has been true for Arkansas as long as I've been a live. However, not every back does run best with a FB. Some perform better without.

Now, if Lacy is one of my top 2 backs, then I want to have a guy stashed away on my practice squad who I trust because I'd be a fool to not have a backup plan when Lacy gets injured. Carroll wants Lacy to be a big back and in the 240's because he thinks that is where Lacy is best. Under my scenario, that could lead to a scenario where Lacy is the big back on the team though they don't use a FB much. With Rawls as the primary back, Procise locked into the receiving back, and Lacy as the power back, you wouldn't necessarily need a 4th back on the roster if you aren't using a FB. However, if they did, Alex would likely fit into that last spot.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.