Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cal is a cheater

Started by hogfan870, March 12, 2017, 05:36:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan870

Not sure how it is not talked about (by announcers / commentators) more.  Seriously, how many victories did Umass and Memphis have to vacate while he was their coach. I guess it is the cam newton "I didn't know" rule, but he is sleazy, and he shouldn't get a pass on it.

Oh, and I hope no one in the state ever gives Monk the time of day again.

Melt over - screw them.  Proud of our Hogs and Mike Anderson. We are on the right track and I hope Anderson is here long enough to coach the games where we run it up on KY while they are under NCAA investigation and sanctions for what Cal doesn't know is going on at KY right now

hobhog

He is a scummy guy. Just a weasel. I will root against him at all times....

3kgthog

I'm trying not to puke watching him on ESPN right now. He's talking about how Dick Vitale made him take his shoes off when he visited Vitale's house in Florida. Nah, no bias with him as our commentator today.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 12, 2017, 06:21:58 pm
I'm trying not to puke watching him on ESPN right now. He's talking about how Dick Vitale made him take his shoes off when he visited Vitale's house in Florida. Nah, no bias with him as our commentator today.

I could do so much with this information, but no reason to get directly banned. Lol.
This is my non-signature signature.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 12, 2017, 06:54:47 pm
I could do so much with this information, but no reason to get directly banned. Lol.
were knee pads involved

ChicoHog

For all his faults and his detractors the guys is still a very under rated coach.  His guys play hard and he will not tolerate his guys if they don't give it their all.  He has great talent but he also makes them better with his tenacity. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 12, 2017, 08:59:00 pm
For all his faults and his detractors the guys is still a very under rated coach.  His guys play hard and he will not tolerate his guys if they don't give it their all.  He has great talent but he also makes them better with his tenacity.

Underrated? Underrated? I can't believe you just said that.

HF#1

He doesn't have to cheat anymore. When will people realize this? He is past that part of his career.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HF#1 on March 12, 2017, 09:03:43 pm
He doesn't have to cheat anymore. When will people realize this? He is past that part of his career.

Not sure if you understand the motivation for cheaters.

Hog Solo

My god...

BrooklynRoss

From the mouths of babes. If I could go back to being as naive as you are right now? I would. Unfortunately, you have burst through the grand conspiracy. Everyone is colluding to make KY the champion. You are the only one who can take the illuminate down. Godspeed.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Youngsta71701

If anything he's overrated. He should be in the Final 4 or playing for a national championship every year with those young NBA rosters at his disposal. He's not a underrated coach but he is an underrated cheerleader.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HF#1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 12, 2017, 09:07:11 pm
Not sure if you understand the motivation for cheaters.

I'm telling you, you don't have sustained success cheating the ENTIRE time without getting caught. Got caught at UMASS and Memphis. That built the brand. Now he recruits with Kentucky's brand and his "NBA Connections".  Does he bend the rules? I'm sure he does. Probably bends them a lot.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HF#1 on March 12, 2017, 09:12:47 pm
I'm telling you, you don't have sustained success cheating the ENTIRE time without getting caught. Got caught at UMASS and Memphis. That built the brand. Now he recruits with Kentucky's brand and his "NBA Connections".  Does he bend the rules? I'm sure he does. Probably bends them a lot.

Most people who cheat aren't doing it to win. They do it for the thrill, winning is just a biproduct.

Hog Solo

Quote from: HF#1 on March 12, 2017, 09:12:47 pm

Espn and specifically dick loves him, even though he's shady as hell and looks as though he's on about the same amount of opiates the guys from train spotting were on, because he talks and he's white.  The guy is a slime ball.

PonderinHog

A cheetah can't change his spots.

Pigonometry

Kentucky has a point shaving scandal in the e 50s and almost got the death penalty in the late 80s.  And Cal cheated at two other schools.  Of course he cheats at Kentucky.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

onebadrubi

Lol it does t work that way.  He's still doing it and doing things in the AAu circuit that isn't up to snuff

rtr

Kentucky has always cheated, Cal has always cheated therefore a match made in heaven.  The cheating is institutionalized at Kentucky, that is part of what led to Eddie Sutton's downfall there.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

LR_Matt

Quote from: rtr on March 12, 2017, 09:45:55 pm
Kentucky has always cheated, Cal has always cheated therefore a match made in heaven.  The cheating is institutionalized at Kentucky, that is part of what led to Eddie Sutton's downfall there.

LOL, pretty sure he took that there with him

HawgnCorona

Quote from: rtr on March 12, 2017, 09:45:55 pm

Then expect the same results for Cal and UK...Again
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

PORKULATOR

March 12, 2017, 09:56:42 pm #21 Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:18:56 pm by PORKULATOR
with his tolerance. Not tenacity. If you wanna get to the NBA in 1 season, you do it his way or you're right there on the bench. WCS was stubborn and with all his talent had to earn Cal's trust. His sleazy trust.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Danny J

hoggusamoungus

This is year 8 at UK and in the first seven, he's had 28 NBA draftees.  When you average four NBA players a year, you should have more than one NCAA championship.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on March 12, 2017, 10:09:58 pm

This is year 8 at UK and in the first seven, he's had 28 NBA draftees.  When you average four NBA players a year, you should have more than one NCAA championship.

He is this era's Dean Smith when it comes to talent to title ratio. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 12, 2017, 09:12:42 pm
If anything he's overrated. He should be in the Final 4 or playing for a national championship every year with those young NBA rosters at his disposal. He's not a underrated coach but he is an underrated cheerleader.
I meant under rated because everyone thinks he just rolls the ball out and his guys play without any direction.  He does a good job defensively and average offensively.  I think what he does best besides recruit is getting all the 5 star players to be team players and not be selfish.  Lot of egos to manage.  Kind of like a pro team. 

Sed76

How the heck is he in the hall of fame? Between the vacated final fours and only winning just 1 title despite all the talent he gets no way he should even be a borderline candidate.

HawgnCorona

He does. All the 5 star players has had you would thing a few more Titles would be under his belt. Over rated...Beside he just wants his millions and his pampered lifestyle. Narcissistic, much...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Großer Kriegschwein

March 12, 2017, 10:44:44 pm #28 Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:00:13 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 12, 2017, 10:33:19 pm
He does. All the 5 star players has had you would thing a few more Titles would be under his belt. Over rated...Beside he just wants his millions and his pampered lifestyle. Narcissistic, much...

Yeah. He's won them mainly on talent and has a very short time to build enough cohesion.

He's had a bunch of #1 classes in a row and only 1 championship.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 12, 2017, 10:44:44 pm
Yeah. He's won them mainly on talent and has a very short time to build enough cohesion.
The only thing that makes me physically ill about Calipari is his constant whining about how young his teams are. Well, duh. Calipari and Pearl are the biggest camera ho's in the SEC. They could hone in on a camera that is pointed at them from a good 300 yards.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

clutch

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on March 12, 2017, 10:09:58 pm

I think it's actually pretty impressive the success that they have had in the tournaments. I don't think many people realize how hard it is to win with young players come tournament time, no matter how good they are. Experience rules the day come March. That's why you have seen the Butler's and Wisconsin's of late succeed in the tournament. They had experience. Young guys get rattled easily, no matter how good they are.

Hog Solo

Quote from: clutch on March 12, 2017, 11:02:33 pm
I think it's actually pretty impressive the success that they have had in the tournaments. I don't think many people realize how hard it is to win with young players come tournament time, no matter how good they are. Experience rules the day come March. That's why you have seen the Butler's and Wisconsin's of late succeed in the tournament. They had experience. Young guys get rattled easily, no matter how good they are.

Cal might as well be a whore or a john.  He uses his players and they use him.  It's all for each of their benefits to coach and play well and move on. 

Tick Hog

I agree with you but I'm pretty certain that Cal has been quoted many times saying that he will take talent over experience every time in a one and done tournament format.

The Boar War

I think it's actually pretty impressive the success that they have had in the tournaments. I don't think many people realize how hard it is to win with young players come tournament time, no matter how good they are.

If only there were some way that college athletes could stay at a school for more than a year.

Hoggish1

Slicked back hair.  Used care guy.  Wishing him an early exit from the tourney.  Will be good for KY and basketball.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Boar War on March 13, 2017, 04:20:17 am
If only there were some way that college athletes could stay at a school for more than a year.

The rule should be IF a player declares for the draft and drops out of school before the end of the semester, the school should loose that scholarship for the next year. That would give an incentive for schools to actually recruit more players that wants to be a student there. Cals way of doing things would change then.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Has anybody else noticed that Cal has developed the habit of pausing for a good 4-5 seconds before answering the question whenever a sideline reporter stops him during or immediately after a game?  Maybe he thinks it looks like he's being thoughtful and intelligent, but I'm pretty sure it's just to make sure the camera's on him for as long as possible.  Anyway, as with everything else about him, it's irritating.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RacinRazorback

He is as dirty a coach as has ever been! What the NCAA lets him get away with is disgusting. He got busted at 2 lower tier schools buut was allowed to walk away from the mess with no penalties to him. He landed at a school that is virtually untouchable and is allowed to run a corrupt D league program for the NBA! Disgusting!

root_hawg

Nah it wasn't funny business on our part either when Monk moved to NW Ark, got a new house, momma a new job and brother a GA role with the basketball team either, right?

riccoar

When you take in to account that every blue chip that goes there, could achieve the same at any of the other top programs, it's pretty apparent based on how many he gets he is still not clean.  That's the ugly truth of the NCAA.  Top schools in their sporting field are not held to the same scrutiny as the sisters of the poor.

PonderinHog

One and dones - Kentucky basketball

Two and dones - Kentucky horse racing

Three and dones - Just a matter of time, Cal.

dhizzle

I cant believe espn  is making a 30 for 30 about him and Kentucky basketball. I hope they talk about his cheating ways at his other coaching jobs.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: dhizzle on March 13, 2017, 09:29:16 am
I cant believe espn  is making a 30 for 30 about him and Kentucky basketball. I hope they talk about his cheating ways at his other coaching jobs.

Alabama Football and Kentucky basketball should lay-off their SID. ESPN does the job for free.

PonderinHog

Quote from: dhizzle on March 13, 2017, 09:29:16 am
What are they going to call it?  Forty minutes of sell your soul ???

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 12, 2017, 10:24:57 pm
I meant under rated because everyone thinks he just rolls the ball out and his guys play without any direction.  He does a good job defensively and average offensively.  I think what he does best besides recruit is getting all the 5 star players to be team players and not be selfish.  Lot of egos to manage.  Kind of like a pro team.
I can agree with this. But most of the so called experts think he is a great X's and O's guy and I just don't see it. I don't see him drawing up outstanding play after play.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Razorback Mac

Quote from: root_hawg on March 13, 2017, 07:40:29 am
Nah it wasn't funny business on our part either when Monk moved to NW Ark, got a new house, momma a new job and brother a GA role with the basketball team either, right?
Yeah, people who move never buy new houses and get jobs and former players are never graduate assistants.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorback Mac on March 13, 2017, 09:48:40 am
Yeah, people who move never buy new houses and get jobs and former players are never graduate assistants.

Then they should have done all that and moved instead to Lexington, KY.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

lutherheggs

Quote from: hogfan870 on March 12, 2017, 05:36:12 pm
Not sure how it is not talked about (by announcers / commentators) more.  Seriously, how many victories did Umass and Memphis have to vacate while he was their coach. I guess it is the cam newton "I didn't know" rule, but he is sleazy, and he shouldn't get a pass on it.

Oh, and I hope no one in the state ever gives Monk the time of day again.

Melt over - screw them.  Proud of our Hogs and Mike Anderson. We are on the right track and I hope Anderson is here long enough to coach the games where we run it up on KY while they are under NCAA investigation and sanctions for what Cal doesn't know is going on at KY right now
This has been stated by sour grapers for over 20 years now. Yet, Cal continues to be the head coach at one of the 2 or 3 best programs in college basketball and continues to kick all asses, including Arkansas'. I don't think Arkansas will beat KY again as long as Anderson is at Ark and Cal is at KY.

Tusks

AAU infestation

Players don't go to class, they go to an office building and take online courses

"business decisions"

Everything that is wrong with college basketball, these guys live on that line.

They are just better but I can hate how they get there.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Razorbackers

Quote from: lutherheggs on March 13, 2017, 10:11:50 am
This has been stated by sour grapers for over 20 years now. Yet, Cal continues to be the head coach at one of the 2 or 3 best programs in college basketball and continues to kick all asses, including Arkansas'. I don't think Arkansas will beat KY again as long as Anderson is at Ark and Cal is at KY.

Anderson is 4-7 against Calipari, dummy.