Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread - 2017 Edition

Started by jbcarol, March 12, 2017, 05:26:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

SportsTalk‏ @sportstalksc 58s59 seconds ago

USC 12-13 from line in second half.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jbcarol

jbcarol

hawgdavis

jbcarol

SportsTalk‏ @sportstalksc 54s55 seconds ago

Kennard fouls out with 11 points.

hawgdavis

Quote from: hogsanity on March 19, 2017, 10:03:33 pm
Guess the refs were not told to protect Duke?

They have been trying SC just got up by enough to possibly survive

jbcarol

SportsTalk‏ @sportstalksc 1m1 minute ago

Duke spends last time out with 1:31 left USC leads 76-69.

RazorSax

Had we held on, the ACC would not be in the tourney. Wish we had been able to overcome our calls, but they were back-breaking.

jbcarol

jbcarol

SC 78  DU 69  1:09  TNT

SC to the line for two

jbcarol

Thornwell with 20 for USC, Notice & Silva 17 each.

Ironhawg

I never thought I would say this but, GO GAMECOCKS!

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

SC 82  DUke 72   :43.2

SC fouls Duke for 3 shots after another McKie slam

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

hawgdavis

jbcarol

David Cloninger‏ @DCTheState 27s27 seconds ago

84-75 Gamecocks, 41.7 seconds to go. Timeout, USC.

Welcome to the bandwagon, major South Carolina outlet that only covers the Women's team

jbcarol

hawgdavis

C Webber just said Duke is still the better team, NO THEY ARE NOT sorry Chris

jbcarol

USC now 17-19 from the line in 2nd half, 23-28 for the game. 20-28 from the floor in 2nd half.

HamIAm

Someone tell the announcer that just because you have more talent doesn't mean you have a better team

jbcarol

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 19, 2017, 10:12:10 pm
C Webber just said Duke is still the better team, NO THEY ARE NOT sorry Chris

Biggest goof since '93

jbcarol

Ironhawg

HamIAm

jbcarol

hawgdavis

Announcers are still hoping Duke can pull it off

hawgdavis

jbcarol

Duke with the intentional foul.

Check that.  Common foul called with :18.6

jbcarol

jbcarol

HamIAm

jbcarol

hawgdavis

SEC has 3 left ACC 1 and if not for the refs it would have been should have been SEC 4 and ACC 0

jbcarol

SportsTalk‏ @sportstalksc 2m2 minutes ago

This will be USC's 20th win all time vs Duke.

jbcarol

SEC has three teams in the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2014 (UK, UF, and Tennessee).

jbcarol

USC will play Baylor at Madison Square Garden.

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 20s20 seconds ago

87% of Tournament Challenge brackets had Duke in the Sweet 16

5% of brackets had South Carolina in the Sweet 16

jbcarol

Right Now UCLA vs. Cincinnati, TBS (Sacramento)

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 2m2 minutes ago

The preseason No. 1 team (Duke) and the final AP No. 1 team (Villanova) both failed to reach the Sweet 16.

The alpha and omega

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 4m4 minutes ago

This is the most points that Duke has allowed in a single half under Mike Krzyzewski (65)

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 19m19 minutes ago

South Carolina scored at least 50 points in both 2nd halves this tourney. It had only one 50-point 2nd half during regular season (Auburn)

hawgdavis

So much for the power houses of the ACC and big least

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 2h2 hours ago

Last 3 with 27+ points on 90% shooting in NCAA Tournament
2017: Tyler Dorsey
2009: Blake Griffin
1992: Christian Laettner (vs Kentucky)