Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread - 2017 Edition

Started by jbcarol, March 12, 2017, 05:26:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wilmington 23  Cavs 11  8:30  Time out Virginia
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PonderinHog

jbcarol

Damon Dillman‏ @DamonDillman 2m2 minutes ago

1ST HALF 8:30 | Timeout #Hoos, trailing UNCW 23-11. Seahawks on a 13-2 run. Ambrose Mosley has 11 already, 3-for-3 from 3.

010HogFan

Virginia might be cooked already. They aren't built to come back or score much

jbcarol

Dwight_K_Shrute

Anyone else have UNCW as a 12 over a 5?  I've got them.  Those boys in NC can ball.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jbcarol

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: jbcarol on March 16, 2017, 12:08:50 pm
https://twitter.com/jordancornette/status/842420322724925440

Funny but it wouldn't surprise me if the loser got the job.  Winner might be tied up for awhile and if they are 1 & 2 on IU's list they may not want to wait 2 to 3 weeks to lock a guy down.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jbcarol

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 16, 2017, 12:07:57 pm
Virginia might be cooked already. They aren't built to come back or score much

Lowest scoring team in D1?

jbcarol

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 16, 2017, 12:09:31 pm
Anyone else have UNCW as a 12 over a 5?  I've got them.  Those boys in NC can ball.

I think JackRabbit has the Seahawks

010HogFan

Quote from: jbcarol on March 16, 2017, 12:10:45 pm
Lowest scoring team in D1?

I'm not sure but probably lol they are supposed to be known for their stingy defense, but I'm not seeing much of anything right now

jbcarol

PonderinHog

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Alex Riley‏Verified account @AlexRileySN 6m6 minutes ago

Tony Bennett wants a timeout. Don't blame him.

Trying to find his heart he left in San Francisco

jbcarol

jbcarol

Alex Riley‏Verified account @AlexRileySN 3m3 minutes ago

Chris Flemmings is gonna fight a guy. I am so into this.

jbcarol

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

Rodger Sherman‏Verified account @rodger_sherman 56m56 minutes ago

honestly I think Indiana newsdumped wrong. You don't announce right at tip-off, you wait until right West Random State has a lead on Duke

jbcarol

jbcarol

Damon Dillman‏ @DamonDillman 5m5 minutes ago

Devontae Cacok is the #HumanMismatch right now

Alex Riley‏Verified account @AlexRileySN 4m4 minutes ago

That's the difference between Bryan and Cacok. That's a dunk on the lob for Cacok. A block for Bryan.

jbcarol

Alex Riley‏Verified account @AlexRileySN 41s41 seconds ago

Flemmings' shots have looked good but they are not falling. And UVa is taking advantage. It's a 2-point game.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Alex Riley‏Verified account @AlexRileySN 1m1 minute ago

Wilkins just walked to the locker room. He's obviously not going to be available for a time.

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

Damon Dillman‏ @DamonDillman 2m2 minutes ago

1ST HALF 3:39 | #Hoos are right back in it. Back-to-back Shayok/Jerome 3s cut UNCW lead to 28-26. Seahawks haven't scored in last 2:40.

Kevin

crean at Indiana made the same as marshall at Wichita state
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbcarol

Jeff Borzello‏Verified account @jeffborzello 8m8 minutes ago

From @ESPNStatsInfo: Virginia's largest comeback in a game this season is seven points. Both games were at home.

UNCW was up 15.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Halftime in Orlando

UNC Wilmington 29  Virginia 30

jbcarol

jbcarol

Alex Riley‏Verified account @AlexRileySN 2m2 minutes ago

Half: @UVAMensHoops 30, @uncwmenshoops 29. The final 5:58 was a 16-1 UVa run. Flemmings and Bryce were 0-for-11 for 0 combined points

jbcarol

jbcarol

Butler up 10-5 on Winthrop in the first two minutes

Both teams 100% FGA

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 16, 2017, 12:28:53 pm
Halftime in Orlando

UNC Wilmington 29  Virginia 30

I liked you much better about 20 minutes ago.     >:(

jbcarol

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 16, 2017, 12:33:23 pm
I liked you much better about 20 minutes ago.     >:(

It was a different time.

It was a better time.

jbcarol

Alex Riley‏Verified account @AlexRileySN 5m5 minutes ago

Mosley (11), Ingram (10) and Cacok (Eight) are literally all UNCW has right now. If they want to win, there has to be more balance

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tom Noie‏ @tnoieNDI 2m2 minutes ago

This is the type of.....interesting.....officiating you get in the #NCAATournament ....leaves teams wondering....

jbcarol

jbcarol

Biggus Piggus

Looking at Pomeroy - Seton Hall is the lowest-rated 9 seed, and Middle Tennessee is the highest-rated 12 seed.

Here are some Pomeroy rankings vs. NCAAT seeds:

64. East Tennessee State (13 seed)
61. Vermont (13)
59. UNC Wilmington (12)
58. Southern Cal (11)
56. Princeton (12)
53. Nevada (12)
51. Seton Hall (9)
50. VCU (10)
46. Middle Tennessee (12)
44. Virginia Tech (9)
43. Maryland (6)
41. Michigan State (9)
39. Xavier (11)
38. Arkansas ( 8 )
37. Northwestern ( 8 )
36. Rhode Island (11)
35. Dayton (7)
34. Vanderbilt (9)
33. Minnesota (5)
32. South Carolina (7)
31. Wake Forest (11)
30. Miami, Fla. ( 8 )

The other 8 seed, Wisconsin, is 22nd in Pomeroy.
[CENSORED]!

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tom Noie‏ @tnoieNDI 4m4 minutes ago

#NotreDame has just not been very good guarding that corner 3....Devin Cannady hits four-point play off it....

jbcarol